If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A lot of MLP:FIM fans seem to hate Sonic the Hedgehog

edited 2012-04-20 00:45:12 in Media

For some reason this doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

• edited 2012-04-20 00:48:40
    No rainbow star
    Really?

That's weird

...I am now tempted to draw Sonic as an MLP and see what the reaction is
  • ...what would his cutie mark be?

• No rainbow star
    ^ Either a ring, his face (lives), or a running shoe from the Speed monitors

When Super Pony he'd have the seven emeralds
  • He could have a loop for a cutie mark!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Go with the shoe.

• Maybe they see Sonic as some kind of rival in the "animal-based cartoon" stakes. Will we see bronies take to the streets for rumbles with the Sonic fans?

Spoiler:
    Lolno, but it is funny to imagine them facing off.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-04-20 02:10:53

From what I've been able to tell it's mostly that they don't want to be associated with the Sonic fandom in particular.

Which is, y'know, completely understandable even before you consider the whole furry subculture and cringeworthy OC's thing.

• It is. Sometimes the bad parts make me ashamed to like the franchise.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^I think it's more of a dick waving contest between them to see who has the worse fandom.

• They're both the seat of internet furry clusters (trufax), and familiarity breeds contempt.

• Sonic x Rainbow Dash is apparently a ship, and a handy trolling device.

• No rainbow star
    Bee: Yeah, Sonic does have one of the bad fandoms
  • ^^ And it's still less disturbing than Elise.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    I see absolutely no similarities between the two apart from talking animals.

Why does this happen.
  • ^ Because some people just don't get out enough and want to have pissing contests about cartoons. I suppose at least it generates good drama.

• No rainbow star

Bee: I'm STILL surprised that they thought Amy NOT braining Elise in response to her kissing Sonic was in character for her

• I don't think Sonic/Elise as a pairing is creepy (never really got the big deal about it; ever heard of Roger and Jessica Rabbit?), but Elise herself creeps me out.

• No rainbow star

^ I think that's the reason WHY people find the pairing creepy. Because Elise is creepy