If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rick Santorum just suspended his presidential campaign

edited 2012-04-10 13:53:03 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Now where am I going to get my monthly dose of lulz from?

Comments

• From the rest of the Republican Party, of course.

Just wait until Romney makes another gaffe like "I'm not concerned about the very poor," or "I like to fire people."

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Now all his delegates can go to Ron Paul 

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

And Newt continues to be amazing:

• Definitely not gay.

Last Conservative Standing sounds like a good name for an achievement.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^ Hmmm, that makes me think that a presidential campaign could make a pretty good humoristic P&C adventure, in the style of old LucasArts ones.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^This is what the Double Fine Adventure will be.

/tinfoil

• Well that sucks. I was hoping he'd get the nomination so Obama's victory would pretty much be guaranteed. :P

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Hey, Gingrich is still in apparantly. Obama can still use the "at least I'm not THIS guy" defense.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Implying he can't use that against Romney.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm rooting for Paul, but for purely selfish reasons, as he's the only candidate who has been consistently pro-Serbian during the last 20 years. His victory, which after this appears to have at least a tiny bit of chance, might give us some of leverage in the Kosovo issue.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Paul's not that likely to win, though he wins my "least worst Republican of the year" award.

• Yeah, with the shovel of donkey shit the Republicans put in the running this year, you could replace Obama with a wooden plank and a can of Easy Cheese and it'd still win by a landslide.

Which is sad, because Obama has backed plenty of stupid and abhorrent stuff that's basically asking for someone to point them out, say "I'm not gonna do this", and get free votes, but most of it was bipartisan.

• My arms are falling off!

Rick Santorum is the Jack Thompson of presidential campaigns and gay( )s(ex).

Winning "least worst Republican of the year" is about as high an honor as winning "most hygienic serial killer."

And Romney is still the best Republican from this field. because as terribad as he is at least he's not a racist/homophobe/psychopath. 

• I'm not sure which is worse: that my first thought was "that's an insult to the serial killers", or that I thought that totally unironically.

At least serial killers don't try to hide their motives. And are oftentimes not trying to ruin the lives of millions. And are arrested. 

Republicans: literally worse than serial killers.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

One thing I'll give Santorum credit for is that he damn well earned his wins, near-losses, and all the stuff he's been able to do so far.  Romney has had the vast majority of the big money backing him, between his own wealth and that of super-PACs that can plaster state after state with tons of negative ads, which no doubt contributed to Romney's extremely narrow wins in places like Michigan.  But Santorum did lots and lots of voter outreach--if I recall correctly, he visited every county in Iowa, and considering that his campaign was, in the words of a fellow IJBMer, held together by "duct tape and the patronage of St. Jude"...yeah.