If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Getting Money

edited 2012-04-09 09:44:29 in Meatspace
Yea... erm...

You know how in the modern age, money is somewhat considered a necessity if you want to go anywhere/do anything in the world? And that every once in a while, you want to get a few things that you really want?

Yeah, that's the thing. I've found myself wanting this so called 'necessity'.

Due to various reasons that I'd rather not discuss, my parents can't afford to give me a lot of money for anything I want unless it's necessary. So, I have to get money from my own means. Meaning I'm going to have to get myself a part time job. The problem I find myself with is that I don't know where to look for jobs, I don't know what job would be good for someone of my age, I'm too lazy and miserable, etc, etc.

How do I find a job and how do I motivate myself to go looking for one?

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Newspapers and craigslist are plenty useful for the first one. the second one is more of a you thing and I don't think any of us can fix that.

• edited 2012-04-09 09:56:31
    Yea... erm...

@Juan: Local Paper, craigslist, motivate your own damn self.... any more advice?

EDIT: Wait, isn't Craigslist known for having scams?

• You can change. You can.

There are scams on Craigslist, but not all of them are scams, from what I've seen. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If something doesn't seem too good to be true, it might not be a scam.

Can you tutor in academic subjects, or teach a musical instrument?  Advertise yourself locally and via craiglist.

• Participating in medicine research is an awesome way to make a quick buck, and the risks are a lot lower than they sound, providing you're old enough and don't have that many unhealthy habits.

For reference, how old are you and what is your previous education/work experience?

• @InsanityAddict: 16, Still doing GCSEs and I've done work experience at a charity shop

@glennmagusharvey: No, I'm terrible at doing such things. Probably not for me.

• edited 2012-04-09 13:39:12
    Diet NEET

Ach so. Too young to be a guinea pig. Perhaps asking around in your social circle for jerb opportunities will help in order to not end up with a minimum wage fast food/paper route thingie.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I should look into guinea pig work myself. Although I smoke, so that might not be an option. 

• No rainbow star
    I should look into medical trials for those with ADHD or Tourettes (ESPECIALLY Tourettes... That's the one disorder I could gladly do without)
  • @MadassAlex I think there are some studies for "quit-smoking" things, at least.