If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Liberal Moral Guardians

edited 2012-04-06 16:33:51 in Meatspace

They are, if it's possible, more annoying than Right-wing ones.

Comments

• Champion of the Whales

In what way?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    myrm, for the love of god

explain yourself
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I assume he means the PC police, in contrast with the right's tendency to censor material based on religion and appropriateness. I qualify the liberal ones as more annoying in some respects, too, since they con sometimes harm your side of the argument. But I encounter them on far fewer occasions than I encounter the conservative ones, and I think getting rid of material objectionable because it's bigoted is better than getting rid of it out of a sense of moral superiority.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Just to be clear, we're not talking about asking white people not to use the N-word, are we?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I hope not.

• I'm a damn twisted person

And this is why context is your friend.

Idea! If you don't want to explain yourself Myrm, just use the [rant] [/rant] brackets over the short venty complaints. Although perhaps a single thread dedicated to incomprehensible/ contextless stuff Myrm says might be more efficient than repeating this every few days. 

• edited 2012-04-06 19:03:14
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Heh heh, I'm not gonna say anything... Not this time, you've already heard saw it at least once... :)

• It's possible that in future decades Jackson's LOTR may well become most notable for its non-stop depiction of war. Has there ever been a series of movies that depicted war so extensively, so lavishly, so approvingly? For this, Tolkien is not entirely to blame: as well as the fighting, his book contains many extended moments of repose, of attempts at beauty; in chapters like The House of Healing, or the journey through Mordor, he tried to show the misery of war as much as the romance. But Jackson dwells on the scenes of battle and skims over everything else. He serves up what is unquestionably a pro-war film, depicting the righteous and desperate struggle of pure good over pure evil, the forces of civilization defending themselves against a mass horde that wants to destroy it at all costs. Why make such a movie? Why, in particular, make it at this time in history? Like it or not, artists don't exist in a vacuum. Their work inevitable reflects something of the culture and the times in which it is made. Jackson, perhaps unwittingly, has produced a work that plays into the hands of the neoconservative paranoiacs in the White House. He would probably protest against such an accusation, but then he would be walking around with his eyes down. It's about time he and other fanboys looked up and took a bit of responsibility for their cultural contributions.

• Oh, it's this guy. He can go fuck himself.