If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am NOT fucking amused with this laptop now

edited 2012-04-04 20:48:37 in Meatspace
No rainbow star

Not a WEEK after EVERYTHING gets reinstalled?

THE WIFI PROBLEMS BEGIN AGAIN!

And I KNOW it isn't hardware as it ONLY occurs with fucking WINDOWS 7!

I scan all the files I get, so if it's a virus, it's a damn sneaky one!

Comments

• Definitely not gay.

That feel bro

• I would bet it is a hardware issue. It's probably some feature available in the windows drivers that linux drivers either ignore or workaround. I would still run malwarebytes if it has not been already.

• edited 2012-04-04 22:41:58
    No rainbow star

^ My dad is thinking it's the wireless antenna, so you could be right there =/

EDIT: Actually, reading up on it, there is apparently two wires that make up the antenna. A main one, and an auxiliary one if the main one goes wonky. If the main one is damaged, and Ubuntu has a feature where it detects that and uses the auxiliary one, while Windows goes, "Eh, the main one still works somewhat. It's fiiiiine..." then maybe that could be it?