If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I have no counters

edited 2012-04-02 22:06:59 in Wonderful posts
Definitely not gay.

Earthquake? LEVITATE BITCHES

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Mold Breaker.

Hell, you don't even need that. A good neutral damage hit will do you in. That base 50 speed isn't doing you any favors.

• Definitely not gay.

TRICK ROOM

And now I'm faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. Your point=invalid.

• What if they Disenchant your Levitate?

• Definitely not gay.

Mold Breaker.

What if they Disenchant your Levitate?

Well, fuck.

• I thought this was a Magic thread until the mention of "base 50 speed".

I mean, it even makes sense in context. Instead of using a counterspell when someone casts Earthquake, you make sure you have Levitation out. Except you can destroy it with mold.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Or I can give you a counter.

A -1/-1 counter, that is.

And don't you mean no weaknesses?

• No rainbow star
    Imagine if Pokemon could have two abilities, and Eelektross' second ability was Wonder Guard?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Gravity, Smack Down, Swap with an Iron Ball, etc etc

• edited 2012-04-04 19:08:32
    a little muffled

@Icalasari: FIRE FANG THAT BITCH

(Yes, I know Fire Fang doesn't ignore Wonder Guard in gen 5.)

^That doesn't work anymore.

• a little muffled

Sure it does, if you're playing a gen 4 game!

I don't know how you got Eelektross in one of those, but hey, it's no less possible than a Pokémon with two abilities.

> how you got Eelektross in one of those

HAXX0RS

FREE MEWS FOR EVERYONE

• No rainbow star
    Why DID they get rid of that?

It was wonderfully hilarious to see a Crawdaunt with Fire Fang in the Battle Tower only appear because you have a Wondereye/tomb

^Apparently it was an oversight and not a feature. The reason why you see it in the Battle Tower is because it's engineered to specifically counter your team after X number of battles.

• a little muffled

Mold Breaker gets around Wonder Guard anyway so it's not like Wondertomb doesn't have any counters.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-04-04 20:01:14

See, stuff like this is one of the reasons I wish they'd make a more story-oriented Pokemon game that lets you use your entire moveset instead of just 4 moves.  Boss fights could make a few minor breaks of standard mechanics to present a weird strategic challenge.  Like, a bad guy that Skill Swaps Wonder Guard onto a Spiritomb, then starts spamming the whole room with Dark Pulse and Willowisp as a soft enrage.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Fucking you over as your team isn't built for that, and you don't have the cash to get balls to capture a mold breaker Pokemon...

Also, its target audience IS children (although they throw in stuff for us older fans, like the battle frontier)

I WOULD love to see an extension on the Pokemon Rumble and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, however, that goes ib that direction
  • I was assuming a static plot-centered team (or at least a relatively small pool of characters) that would be equipped to deal with it in some form or another.  It would be just plain obnoxious in the mainline games, especially with the painfully small limited moveset.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Room spam is bad enough in Mystery Dungeon, where the 4 move limit still applies. (I'm looking at you, Primal Dialga.)

I just realized: I have no counters among my legal property.

• Definitely not gay.

Worth noting is that Sheddy is still weak to Fire Fang in Gen V.