If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Chrono Trigger's lategame

2»

Comments

• edited 2013-04-08 15:19:24
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I guess we could split the Rainbow Shell quest into Giant's Claw for Ayla and the Trial of the King for Marle.

We give the short Robo's Forest and Sun of Sun quests to Lucca.  I'm okay with that.  also Lucca is awesome

By the way, isn't Magus the only one who doesn't appear in the tubes in the Black Omen?

• Apparently schlepping up and down a mountain in two different time frames to get fruit for a lazy-ass Nu doesn't count.

Can't say I blame you :|

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Which sidequest was this?

• But you never had any to begin with.

The sidequest added in CT:DS, presumably. On the plus side, it gave you access to an armour piece that made Lucca practically immortal.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is this the Crimson Shade sidequest?  I'm only aware of the additional Shade sidequests and the True Final Boss Ending in CTDS.

• edited 2013-04-08 19:51:51
    But you never had any to begin with.

The Lost Sanctum.

• edited 2013-04-08 19:52:10
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Immortal Lucca

And that is even more why Chrono Rebuttal

• It was Lost Sanctum in the DS version, yeah.

It was also tedious as shit.  You had to go up and down a bigass mountain with several unavoidable encounters like 6-7 times before this douchebag Nu at the peak would build a bridge to the bonus boss, for various reasons, the most offensive of which was because he wanted fruit that only existed in the same spot 65 million years previous -- but there were like three different kinds, and the first one you picked was always wrong.

Worst extended content ever.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Pokemon gets harder the farther you go.

Well, it varies with generation.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-09 00:30:03

Pokemon is also pretty railroaded in its main progression.  If they don't want you to get into the next area without a badge, there'll be a contrived obstacle.

The Elite Four and optional postgame bosses are pretty much the only place you're liable to be unexpectedly overwhelmed.  Which reminds me, I really need to break out HG long enough to grind up and beat Red.