If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Troper Flanderization.

edited 2011-03-18 21:44:23 in General
Morgan Freeman is God
Don't you hate it when you can only identify a troper from their one little quirk that stands out more than anything else?

For example, I can't possibly think of Komodin as anything other than "the Sonic guy" despite the fact that he has other personality traits.

Comments

• I've flanderized him as "the guy who hated IJBM but posted there anyway", which is probably only slightly better than being flanderized as a Sonic fan.
  • No rainbow star
    I wonder if I have been Flanderized?
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    I have him mentally simplified to "The guy who posts reasonable opinions regarding Sonic, which he is a fan of, but who I otherwise tend to see grumbling about things."  Which... is probably not entirely flattering, and probably also suggests that I read IJBM too often.  Sorry, Komodin.
  • This has already been posted a few times, and it always turns into people asking what have they been flanderized as.

Also, what have I been flanderized as?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ A troper in a storm?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-03-18 21:50:12
    "I have him mentally simplified to 'The guy who posts reasonable opinions regarding Sonic, which he is a fan of, but who I otherwise tend to see grumbling about things.'"

Same here.

^^No, not again. :<
  • edited 2011-03-18 22:26:14
    ^^ Boring! I want another flanderization.

^ Again? Ninja edit!
  • ^This thread was only funny the first two and a half times.
  • edited 2011-03-18 21:58:46
    "The guy who posts reasonable opinions regarding Sonic, which he is a fan of, but who I otherwise tend to see grumbling about things."

This is actually closer to how I think of him, now that you say it.

@Stormtroper: I haven't really flanderized you yet, somehow.
    I haven't really flanderized Icalasari either, though I associate him with Pokemon.

So, what's my flanderization? (as if I didn't know)
  • Sometimes I wonder if being known as "The diaper fetishist guy" is a bad thing.
    I don't think of you as the diaper fetishist guy.
  • I dread whatever the people here have mentally simplified me to.
  • edited 2011-03-18 21:59:49
    @Chagen: Actually, I would not have known if you didn't bring it up. I liked it better that way.
  • I see Chagen as the younger me. But with more anime.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I am not flanderized.

[makes personal attack against Komodin]

Flanderization is a form of Character Derailment.

Most tropers have no character, and thus cannot be derailed.
  • edited 2011-03-18 22:02:27
    Morgan Freeman is God
    Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic, Vorp.
  • edited 2011-03-18 22:04:01
    "I dread whatever the people here have mentally simplified me to."

That oversensitive guy who makes the absolute dumbest threads imaginable.
    @DonZabu

an attention whore that likes to derail topics.
  • Well, good to know that my dreading was totally justified, then.
  • I think Vorpy was talking about herself, though.
    I am not an attention whore that likes to derail threads.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-03-18 22:07:52
    If it's any consolation Don, I simplify you to that guy that really really really likes the Beach Boys. [And makes the absolute dumbest threads imaginable.

/hypocrite]
  • the younger me

You rang?
  • Besides, I still like you Don, even if you do have really bad judgement when it comes to threads.
  • edited 2011-03-18 22:21:02
    He's far from the only one that keeps spamming the same topic repeatedly.
  • a little muffled
    I wonder if I've been flanderized. I suppose not, since that would require people to notice my existence. :(
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I noticed your existence back when you watched Darker Than Black, and tried to make an RP but backed down.
  • @Nyktos: I know how you feel. 
    I noticed both of you, but you're both difficult to flanderise.

Well, randomtropeloser, I think you wonderpost sometimes, but otherwise seem reasonable.  Sorry, that's boring, isn't it?  I don't think you're boring.

Nyktos, I also associate you with reasonableness, as well as Magic: the Gathering, Fullmetal Alchemist and Golden Sun.