If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

North Carolina, please explain this stupidity

edited 2012-03-30 02:01:17 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/03/north-carolinians-support-but-dont-understand-marriage-amendment.html

TLDR: There is a proposed North Carolina state constitutional amendment set to hit the ballot in six weeks. The amendment would ban both gay marriage and civil unions. Voters support legal recognition (i.e. marriage or civil unions) of gay couples 51% to 45%, but also support this amendment 58% to 38%.

*FACEPALM*

And then there's this gold-plated silliness:

7% think that it actually legalizes gay marriage.

what

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

That 7% who think the amendment does the opposite of what it actually does can be chalked up intentionally misleading political ads that try to confuse people about what the things they are voting for actually do.

• I really can't, since I'm in UNC where there's a huge push against amendment 1.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

That 7% who think the amendment does the opposite of what it actually does can be chalked up intentionally misleading political ads that try to confuse people about what the things they are voting for actually do.

I don't think anyone would do this purely because it could mislead people who would otherwise vote in their favour.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    What, you think people pay attention to laws before voting for them?
  • I'm a damn twisted person

I want to agree with you Alex, but I've seen this sort of shit happening myself. It's not about them getting their thing voted in, so much as making sure the other guys don't get anything done. These ads run on spite, not logic. 

• edited 2012-03-30 20:37:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

These ads run on spite, not logic.