If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Whiners.Pro

edited 2012-03-28 09:33:44 in Media
We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

While looking up miscellaneous shit regarding fansubs, I stumbled across this blog. It's a fansub editor offering reviews and critiques of other people's fansubs. I was honestly kind of surprised that something like this actually existed, since fansubbers in my experience tend to be pretty critic-proof, but most of the time the critique are fairly accurate and even-handed (I don't speak Japanese, so I can't really comment on what he says about translation quality.)

Comments

• I have never seen a .pro domain before.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • Yeah, so I'm wondering what credentials this whiners.pro guy has.

• The official domain website describes the eligibility criteria as follows:

• Applicant provides professional services

• Applicant is admitted to or licensed by a government certification body or jurisdictional licensing entity recognized by a governmental body that regularly verifies the accuracy of its data.

• Applicant is in good standing.

Wait, this guy got government certification for anime fansubs?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Maybe the Japanese government thinks that bad fansubs bring shame to Japan and is sponsoring this guy?
  • But you never had any to begin with.

"Intended use"

"Actual use"

Heh.

• No rainbow star
    I found it neat that there is a .name domain :D
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> http://www.whiners.pro/2012/03/spring-2012-superior-anime-preview/

Medaka breaks all the Cardinal Rules of Anime.

1. Thou shalt not have a strong female lead who fights for her goals and friends and risks her life in the process. It’s sexist to have a female take a traditionally male role.

2. Thou shalt not have unique characters, character development, or interesting character interactions. Animes are all about the story. Having good characters in a show can only detract from the plot, which is the only worthwhile part of animes.

3. Thou shalt not have pacing that’s quicker than one scenario change per volume. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” Words to live by.

4. Thou shalt not have real consequences or villains with any moral ambiguity. If the villains have any more depth than the baddies in Power Rangers, the show is clearly trying too hard and should be mocked as a result.

5. Thou shalt not have a cast of more than five characters. It gets too confusing for people to understand. Strong casts are the antithesis of good series.

Medaka Box is definitely the anime of the season to avoid at all costs.

NOTSUREOFRELATIVELOCATIONOFPOESFENCE.PNG

• But you never had any to begin with.

Thou shalt not have a cast of more than five characters. It gets too confusing for people to understand. Strong casts are the antithesis of good series.

Poor poor Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

• "Wait, this guy got government certification for anime fansubs?"

I'm assuming he's a lawyer or something, and just using that to get a .pro.