If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Xbox Live Indie Games

edited 2012-03-21 07:52:11 in General

It's the modern version of Action 52.

It really is. 

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• edited 2012-03-21 11:49:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Alpha Chimp and the Halo/Gladiator thing seem to be the most enjoyable in the first video.  Honorable mentions go to Aurelia and that first-(third-?)person jousting game at the end.  Dishonorable mention also goes to Aurelia for utterly unredeemable sexism with a side order of blasphemy--I'm complaining and I'm not even a Christian.

Well, Baby Maker actually does seem to be the most playable, but it's basically just one lone gimmick and I can get the same experience from playing Home Run Contest or Nanaca Crash.

• edited 2012-03-21 12:25:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

From the second video...

Colonies: Neociv seems to be playable and actually have a plot.  And music, even.  Rushing Punch seems to be somewhat playable.  So does the dungeon crawler game whose name isn't presented.  TEC 3001 seems to be like inMomentum.

Dragon Force appears to have epic music but nothing else good.  Babby Mammoth game seems to be a browser flash game.

I know why your shark makes a metallic noise when its head hits something in Jawsome.  It's a hammer head shark.

Don't Die Dateless Dummy, The Adventures of Captain Becky (which might be half-decent otherwise), Kiss Kiss, and Are You Smarter Than A Cheerleader all get dishonorable mentions for being blatantly, stupidly sexist.  No, not just sexism.  Stupidity in sexism.  Well, DDDD might be stealth mockery of shut-ins.  But apart from that...Captain Becky is more blatant in its fanservice than the Valis series, even.  And then the last two are just...dumb, hastily-cobbled-together premises in need of basic justification/context/sensibility.

Perhaps I have been a sheltered gamer, and have been exposed to little to sexism in gaming.  I mean, I know about eroges and fanservice, but I guess this is what happens when you lower the publishing bar further.

That said, that doesn't mean lowering the publishing bar is a bad thing.  There might actually be genuinely good games among these; some of these games actually do look decently polished (such as Colonies Neociv) or at least look like good concepts (such as Alderman).

One final note: PLEASE do NOT use live-action in games.  Unless you are a special effects expert, it just looks lame compared to what you could do using sprites or CG.