If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"People read adult references and jokes into cartoons to convince themselves...

edited 2012-03-21 07:38:07 in General

... that they aren't watching something for kids"

Is anyone else kind of skeptical of this theory? I don't know why, but I just find it a doubtful explanation for the excesses on the Getting Crap Past the Radar page.

Comments

• Silence is golden.

It's not the sole explanation, but it's a factor. At the very least, the whole "Mr. Krabs is a complete monster."   nonsense (and most of the Spongebob page, seriously) reeks of that.

Other factors are low standards (some seems to think saying "Oh my God" in a PG-rated series or game is somehow dirty) and dirty minds reading innuendos and subtexts that just aren't there

• I don't know, that seems more like "I am not even aware of what the target audience for this is and what that means" and less "IT'S NOT FOR KIDS GAIZ"

• Silence is golden.

I don't feel like killing more braincells hunting out GCPTR entries, but a remember a lot of them being written as overdramatized descriptions of "scary"/"evil"/disgusting events that really reads like the writer wanted to show you how  HARDCORE and DISTURBING Their Show is, usually capped off with something among the lines of "... AND THEY SAY THIS IS A SHOW FOR KIDS." But I agree some users may be just clueless/easily impressed and don't have an agenda.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I love it when YouTube Poops subtly mock this phenomenon by syllable-mixing stuff so that characters actually are "saying" dirty things.

• I thought most of that stuff was Parental Bonus material.

• You can change. You can.

^^ Are you sure that is not YTP being...you know, YTP?