If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Watching a commercial for Internet Explorer 9

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

So Chrome has a feature where it recognizes keyboard input outside of a normal realm of things? That seems like it could run into lots of bugs with other text-input and keyboard-input features in web pages.

What is a normal realm of things here?

• edited 2012-03-20 20:02:26
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Depends. What does that do?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

It's the shortcut for insert symbol, so it's easy to do stuff like or or .

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

There probably is something like that, but I haven't the slightest clue what it is.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I also appreciate that you can make ´and ¨and ˜so easily.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

¡ lïkè µý «iñt€rn¤çi°nål» k£¥þøã®ð §ættiñ¿.

Also, you can do this by Alt codes on numpads too, even if you aren't using English International.

As for actual wingdings, I...haven't ever had a need for them, frankly speaking.  They seem to be very restricted to their novelty value and very particular circumstances.

> > So Chrome has a feature where it recognizes keyboard input outside of a normal realm of things? That seems like it could run into lots of bugs with other text-input and keyboard-input features in web pages.

> What is a normal realm of things here?

Typing typically does nothing (or autosearches, for some browsers) when you're using a browser.  If you're in a text entry area, it enters text into that area.  If you're in some sort of script such as a Java applet or a flash game it interacts with that.

• edited 2012-03-20 23:09:45

In Opera, while all the default keyboard shortcuts require a modifier key of some sort, they can be assigned to whatever keys you like, with or without any modifiers.  Even if you don't have any modifier keys, it doesn't interfere with normal text input (via a text box or the like).  Don't know how Chrome is in that regard though.