If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My mom and I were talking about the Aeneid...

edited 2012-03-16 23:38:46 in General

...and I showed her on Wikipedia how far I am into it, and then she starts reading aloud the plot summary of the part I haven't read, right next to me, to catch up, as she says.

So I walked out. And now she's acting like I'm the asshole for that, and going on and on about how she was reading this stuff long before I have and studied it in college and that apparently means she can't read with her mouth closed.

Fucking hell.

Comments

• The Aeneid is shit anyways.

• Yeah, I mean as far as ancient fanfiction of the Iliad goes, it was pretty notorious for the usual overpowered self-insert OC with no characterization and stuff.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Everybody knows that True History is the superior Greek fiction.

• @Bee Also, the prose is seriously unreadable.

• Other ancient spoilers: Judas betrays Jesus, but Jesus returns alive after three days.