If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mother 1

edited 2012-03-12 17:02:00 in Media
They're somethin' else.

Did they just not playtest this game? Like at all?

Despite all that, it's got an awesome soundtrack.

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think one of the anti-piracy measures was to spawn fucktons more enemies.  And the devs did indeed get lazy with the last dungeon, not bothering to balance it.

• ^ Actually, most ROMs of the MOTHER games are altered to remove the piracy measures.

And keep in mind this was a rather early JRPG. It wasn't really until the SNES era that they really got it right.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Yeah, Itoi was pretty much like, fuck this, at the end of development.  He just wanted to get the game done.

I think one of the anti-piracy measures was to spawn fucktons more enemies.

That's in Earthbound which is actually deterring to pirates, and it has some other piracy measures on top of that.  I don't think Mother 3 included any.  Mother 1 had a message pop up at certain points that stops the player from playing and tells them that they're playing a pirated game.