If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Would you be comfortable doing deskwork in an indoor room whose temperature was...

edited 2012-03-11 18:57:26 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

64 degrees fahrenheit?

What about 62?

60?

58?

Comments

• a little muffled

> Fahrenheit

• What the heck is Fahrenheit?

• edited 2012-03-11 19:01:36
    a little muffled

Fahrenheit is the temperature scale proposed in 1724 by, and named after, the physicist Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686–1736). Within this scale, the freezing of water into ice is defined at 32 degrees, while the boiling point of water is defined to be 212 degrees. The Fahrenheit scale was replaced by the Celsius scale in most countries during the mid to late 20th century, though Canada retains it as a supplementary scale that can be used alongside Celsius. Fahrenheit remains the official scale of the United States, Cayman Islands and Belize.

Or so I've heard.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Maybe if I had a jacket?

Otherwise I might get sick.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Would you wear a hood?

• So your heater's broken?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, otherwise my ears get cold.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My ears get cold sitting in a room at those temperatures, and (at least for 63+ degrees Fahrenheit) my mom thinks it's abnormal that a young adult like me finds it cold and says that that's evidence that my circulation is bad and I need to exercise more to improve my immune system, or something.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I don't notice cold especially easily.

Well, not relative to other Alabamians, at least.

• I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between 21 C and 17.78 C, since it's Canada after all.

• No rainbow star

14 C at the coldest? Bah, that's pleasant!

• I'm a damn twisted person

Provided I can wear a hoodie or a jacket to keep me warm, I'd love the fuck out of working at a desk in as low as 58 F. Arizona living has ruined heat for me so I just want things as cold as possible

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I think most of the classrooms at my college are that cold in the winter, and I don't notice a thing.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I wish we'd get temperatures that high more often!

you fool, you've just jinxed everything

• No rainbow star
    Hell, it's -2 c right now and I'm STILL comfy!

Well,  not like we're getting them now anyway. English springs are not known for their warmth.

It's starting to cool down around here.

I love Autumn.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^^
    It was so lovely and warm and sunny yesterday. (East Anglia) 

Damn easteners!

• Champion of the Whales

58 degrees F is damm near to the average temperature I get in the Summer

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

What is so cold about that?

I wouldn't have a problem, provided that I have clothes that can keep me sufficiently warm. No need for a jacket, just a hoodie or a sweater with something else underneath.

^^Here, it's a pretty normal winter temperature.

Here it's a normal early spring/mid autumn temperature.

• Champion of the Whales

I live by the sea in the north west of England :p

The average summer temp here is about 17-18 degrees C

Here it's 37-38 C in summer.

Here the summer temperatures are usually between 30 and 35 degrees Celsius, although it's not uncommon for them to go as high as 40 degrees.