If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Lady Gaga

edited 2012-03-10 17:42:20 in IJAM
I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

I like her music and think she is very talented musically.
Here she is playing the keyboard and singing Poker Face for BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge:

(I'm sure we may have had a thread on her before, however the search function is terrible.)

Comments

• edited 2012-03-10 17:37:45
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I like her first two albums, but I've only heard the singles off of Born This Way.  Not really a fan of those.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I think she's alright europop, but the attitude about how brilliant she is and how she's super deep and original tip me into disliking her.

• edited 2012-03-10 17:45:21
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^^
    How about Marry the Night from the Born This Way album, it is one of my favourites. 

^
    Europop really? 
    I have to say I don't really think she is deep I just like the music. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Oh, no, I hadn't heard that one.  That's pretty good.

Edge of Glory is alright too.  Judas I can take or leave, and I don't really like Born This Way.

^^You're totally allowed to, but the contingent of people who think that she's the second coming of Christ for music just grate me.

She's basically Madonna Generation 2, which is hardly a terrible thing to be in pop music I suppose.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I dunno, it's fine if you just don't like the music, but I think it's dumb to like or dislike something based on the fans.

blah blah blah idiots everywhere blah blah blah vocal minority blah blah blah stuff i say all the time blah blah blah

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^^
    Well Born This Way does have a lot of religious language/themes in it...

^^I think her music is pretty generic is the thing, and it's pretty clear Gaga works to cultivate the 'art haus pop' mystique to her so I think I'm within my rights to blame her for it.

• She is a pretty good musician, and there's far worse music, but the attitude of her being some revolutionary of music or something is pretty ridiculous.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I would like her far more if we didn't have a massive fetish for retro-ishness at the moment. 

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

^
    Just be out of touch with recent releases and find music based on recommendations.
    (I fear I am becoming like my dad.) 

• You can change. You can.

I don't really like her work, to be honest. It doesn't really help that she has gained a shitton of attention for her public persona. Which is the norm for musicians, anyway, but I find hers especially obnoxious.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Nicki Minaj is far more obnoxious than Lady Gaga could ever hope to be. Her public persona is far less of a thing than it used to be, now that she's actually put out a cohesive album with a distinct style other than "whatever beats RedOne shat out this week."

I've barely heard of Nicki Minaj and I've never heard one of her songs.

To be more obnoxious one must be heard.

Nikki Minaj irritates me way more than Gaga.

Well, it's obviously because you hate black people.

• edited 2012-03-10 22:11:26

Ignore the fans. There's bound to be a lot of idiots in anything with a large following, and that's true everywhere.

Looking at Lady Gaga though, I think she deserves quite a bit of the praise she receives. Not quite the "god-tier" praise really hardcore fans give, but she's humble and kind and loves her fans just as much as she loves music. She's homeless because she travels so much and would rather put the money back into making more music. She's stood in lines with her fans to chat with them buy them pizza. In interviews, she's soft-spoken and one of the most polite and pleasant celebrities I've seen. On top of that, she'll actually sing her own music for her performances.

I really like her quite a bit.

• edited 2012-03-10 22:16:56
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Again, from everything I've seen the praise the 'god-tier' fans give her seems to be a deliberately cultivated part of her persona so while the fans are definitely idiots I don't think it's entirely honest to say it's all the fans and none her. 

I mean I know nothing about her personally and am really not in the habit of of following celebrities whose music I don't care for. It's good that she's for gay and women's rights after all. However, my complaints tend not to be on Stephanie whatsherlongasslastname the person and more on LADY GAGA: THE PRODUCT.