If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This is Spinal Tap

edited 2012-03-09 18:06:40 in Media

For some reason, I get the impression that it's the kind of movie has a few funny lines and is mostly filled with the kind of weird, boring, awkward humor that's hard to laugh at, even though I've never seen it.

Comments

• a little muffled

It's not.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Having seen the "Up To 11" scene, one of the most well-known scenes from it, I get the same impression, Myr.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It is genuinely funny but it also feels surprisingly real. People thought it was an actual documentary for a reason.

Also, Iron Maiden thought it was specifically making fun of them, especially since the feud is very similar to the issue Bruce Dickinson and Steve Harris had.

• You can change. You can.

A lot of musicians have said that they felt they were being addressed at one point or another. I also recall Steven Tyler saying something along the lines of, "I was watching it with some friends and they were laughing and I was like...this isn't funny, man, this happened to me" in reference to that scene where they get lost at the backstage

Honestly, it might be one of my favourite films, really. It's genuinely funny.