If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How do you cover your feet around the house?

edited 2012-03-08 13:50:46 in General
I'm a damn twisted person

Or rather, do you go barefoot, socks or wear shoes when walking around in a house?

Myself I'll always be barefoot in my own house. When visiting somebody else's house for more than a few minutes, I'll take off my shoes at the door. Because really the thought of wearing shoes and tracking dirt through a house just seems gross to me.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Same for me.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    In my house, I'm usually barefoot. In other people's houses, I usually wear socks.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Barefoot or socks.

• No rainbow star
    Barefoot unless I'm in someone elses house, in which case socks
  • You can change. You can.

Pretty much the same, Crake. Except I don't take off the shoes unless I'm somewhat familiar with whoever is it I'm visiting.

• Socks, or slippers but no socks when I'm in pajamas. At other people's houses, I take off my shoes in most informal situations, especially if I know them well. For some reason, other people tend not to take their shoes off in my house a lot of the time. Not sure why, we have no problem with them doing so and in fact usually prefer it.

I never go truly barefoot anywhere. Too paranoid about stepping on something unpleasant, I guess.

• edited 2012-03-08 14:28:16
    a little muffled

Socks generally, in my house or anyone else's.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

In my own house, I wear some combination of socks, flip-flops and slippers, depending on the season. At others' houses, I prefer to take my shoes off at the entrance, for the reason Crake mentioned, but the hosts are usually quick to either tell me not to or simply bring me a pair of slippers (in Serbia, it's considered rude and disrespectful on the hosts' part to have their guests walk barefoot or in socks).

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Usually barefoot, even when down in the basement, on its cold cement floor (I've gotten better about using my slippers recently). In others' houses, it's socks (unless I was lazy and didn't wear socks that day), except for one friend's house--it's a running joke that his floor is filthy, so we wear our shoes around his house.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Always barefoot at home, usually in socks in other people's homes.

• Wow, I'm the only guy here who wears shoes in other people's houses.
  • You can change. You can.

kill the different

• Bare at home, shoes in regular other homes, socks in the homes of close friends, occasionally bare in family homes.

• edited 2012-03-08 21:00:29

Wow, I'm the only guy here who wears shoes in other people's houses.

I don't usually take them off, either, unless there's a carpet somewhere.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I ask people whether they wear shoes in their houses, and if they don't, I try not to either.

• A lot of times at people's houses I am encouraged to take my shoes off anyway, so of course I'll do that. If it's during the cold part of the year and the house, or part of it, is cold, then I'll keep my shoes on. 

And certainly my parents never take off their shoes at other people's houses no matter what the level of formality. In our house my mom always wears socks, my dad sometimes wears shoes and sometimes doesn't.

Because of my mom's standards of cleanliness, our house isn't really meant for inside-shoe-wearing. This is obviously not as instinctual to some of my friends, but I kind of have the nicest house of all of them, or at least the most obsessively-cleaned.

• I look around to see if people take their shoes off when I visit someone and do the same, unless the floor looks too painful to walk on barefoot.

In my own home I use crocks as indoor shoes.

• >crocs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgISkF9N-Q

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I tend to go barefoot at home, or while staying at a relative's place, shoes or flip flops the rest of the time.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I have a hardwood floor in the mountains. My feet would get really cold really fast if I didn't wear shoes.
  • They're somethin' else.

Wow' thats a lot of barefoot.

I go shoes

• Child of Darkness

At home, I generally go barefoot unless my feet are too cold.  In other peoples' places, I do what they do, by and large.

• Socks, unless it was really rainy or something and I got my feet wet, then barefoot.  Of course, if I'm at someone's house and they wear shoes inside, then I'll do the same, but for the most part I prefer not to.

^ That's basically me, though I sometimes wear sandals/flip-flops/thongs/whateveryouwantotocallthem inside the house instead.  Well, that last bit usually applies more to dorms and similarly shared living spaces, actually.

It's surprisingly difficult to keep one's dorm room clean, even if you make a barrier between your shoes and the rest of the room.  Or even if you keep your shoes outside your room.

• My dorm room is quite clean.  It's ridiculously dusty for some reason, but otherwise there hasn't been any problem keeping it clean.  Though maybe that's because I live with someone who cleans a lot.

• Socks. My feet get cold.

^^ That's exactly what I mean by being hard to keep clean--all the dust.  If you go around barefoot, you start to feel that your feet are a bit sticky.

• No rainbow star
    Insanity: What's wrong with crocs? I personally see them as a kind of indoor/outdoor slippers (so around the house only)
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

They're kinda ugly.