If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My cousin had a baby

edited 2012-03-08 13:29:48 in General

What's the word for my relation to the baby? Because I have no idea.

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

Cousin once removed.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Second cousin, I think.

• edited 2012-03-08 18:04:48
    a little muffled

No, a second cousin is your first cousin's first cousin (who isn't also your sibling or first cousin). Saigyouji is correct; the baby would be a first cousin once removed.

In practice if you're close the kid will probably call you uncle.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Common
    Ancestor
    Child Grandchild G-grandchild G-g-grandchild
    Child Sister or Brother Nephew or Niece Grand-nephew or niece G-grand-nephew or niece
    Grandchild Nephew or Niece First cousin First cousin, once removed First cousin, twice removed
    G-grandchild Grand-nephew or niece First cousin, once removed Second cousin Second cousin, once removed
    G-g-grandchild G-grand-nephew or niece First cousin, twice removed Second cousin, once removed Third cousin

what the hell?