If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Indie game developer on Japanese game industry: "Your games just suck."

13»

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^That and increasingly pandering to the Otaku market.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That's not really fair, first, that's already part of the "tried and true things sells, don't bother with new" mindset. And it is no different from the recent boom of Comic Book movies here on the west.

• It also helps (read: hurts) that otaku and kids are the only groups that consistently buy anime merchandise.  Occasionally, a show will come out that is really popular outside those groups (like Tiger & Bunny, which was apparently quite popular among 40-somethings who don't normally watch anime), but that's fairly rare.  And beside that, otaku are far more willing to spend money on anime stuff than non-otaku, so a show that appeals to otaku is far more likely to be profitable than one that doesn't.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    You know I've been saying those genres need new names for years and people call me a dumbass but when the EC guys say it suddenly it's brilliance.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What new names do you propose?

If think they're good enough I'll gladly use them in my writing.