If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My mother had a 3.8 GPA in high school

edited 2012-03-01 23:32:44 in General
And she thinks she can lecture me, an upper 2.X student, on how to get into college.

(Typing this while she's yelling through my door.)

Comments

• ...Did you mean to switch those values, or...?

/confused

• edited 2012-03-02 00:03:02

I mean she's been talking all about the ways colleges might take you in even if your grades are less than stellar, even though her grades were much better than mine and she got scholarships to Loyola no problem, and wouldn't have needed anything like that anyway. And she specifically acts as if her situation was similar to my own, and that she can relate to me.

I'd rather talk to somebody who's GPA actually was close to my own and see how they dealt with it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^My GPA at the end of High School was 3.0 flat, and I got into IIT with scholarships because I had pretty high ACT scores (29). If that means anything.