If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People who think making the government bigger will cause corruption.

13»

Comments

• well that was a stupid move they should have amde an amendment right away for b ot h that and Jury nullification.
  • I am amazed at the amount of "experts" on the U.S. Government, Law, and The Constitution we have in this thread.

Really there is no such thing as simple when it comes to government.
  • Though I have not posted much in this thread, when did I claim to be an expert. :p
  • Oh not you delta.  But some of these people are going way out in the weeds. 
  • Whatever society is fucked anyway.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm pretty much running off of my high school civics class that I have yet to complete.

@Tnu: That's the spirit!  :D
  • yeah if the only two directions are Anarchey wh ich is apperently bad and Totalitarianism which is certainly bad then we're fucked any middle gorund would just implament aspects of these bad thigns according to eveyrone else.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Except no, because that's a false dichotomy.  Oppressive Totalitarianism and Complete Anarchy aren't the only two options.

• give me Liberty or give me death honestly at this point I don't care which.
  • Tuef, I know, the statement I made was meant to be tounge-in-cheek.
  • Aye I figured as much sorry Poe's law in my response.

Tnu: Try to not let your paranoia and cynicism get the best of you.
  • The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. I'd rather be a meerkat then a lemming.
  • More like a overly paranoid nut.
  • exactly a meerkat.
  • Which are nuts and balance vigilance with practicality.

• Admittedly i'm scared thistless of the slippery slope
  • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
  • Relax most slopes are no where near as slippery as many make them out to be.  There is always bumps place that stop it.  Remember there are always people fighting on behalf of the people and contrary to popular belief they do actually win.

The more extremely you react the more likely you are to be dismissed out of hand.  Vigilance is good but don't get carried away.
  • That's what i tried to explain. Slippery Slope Fallacy is bad, dudes. (Warning religious dribble)

A concept central to pagan religions is balance, which is something I've learned to take to heart. If both poles are undesirable, it means that a centrepoint is the best solution. Likewise, if there are two poles, it's extremely likely that more things fall between the poles than on both of the poles combined.
    Tnu, picture that slippery slope you're so afraid of.

Look closer. It's covered in glue! It's not so slippery after all! :D
  • yeah right. i've been tetering on the edge of madness foryears now and i'm sick of it.
  • I like turtles.
    And that's why they left interpretation up to people of the future.  And even added a provision for amendments.
    So... what?  Are we honestly expected to think that the Founders sat in a room one day and thought "gee, people aren't always going to agree with what we put in the Constitution, so we'd better make sure they can contradict us and distort its original meaning!"?  No, they didn't.

And the purpose of amendments is to safeguard the original principles inherent in the document, not to subvert them.
  • I have to disagree with you Turtle you honestly are startign to come off as a socially conservative authoritarian bigot who wan ts to make people conform to strict religio us way of thinking and establish a Theocracy.