If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

All the NSFW stuff coming off of TVT currently

Comments

• edited 2012-04-21 10:25:40
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^I don't know about the others, but I definitely wont. Just...go. Go back to TvTropes, go get help for your perversion, whatever, just don't come back here.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-04-21 10:30:35

^'Cept he was banned from TVT.

On a sidenote, don't expect people to forget about your... interests so easily. Someone like Chagen is often remembered for their worst antics.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Good. Then maybe he can get out of an environment that encourages this sort of thinking and get help.

• You can change. You can.

OK, guys? this whole "Let's talk about this guy as if he was Chagen" thing is really fucking annoying.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

He isn't really acting like Chagen, there's no ridiculous defensiveness, attention whoring or anything like that. He's acting more like Tnu, but even then, not really, he's not trying to get everyone to pay attention to him, everyone just is because lolpedophile.

• Well.................

This thread got really weird all of a sudden... 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Which is probably an indicator of how bad it is because it's approaching 2AM here.

• edited 2012-04-21 10:40:32

Anyway, I think telling him to leave the forum is a little harsh. Now, many of you already know my (strong) opinions of his...hobby but if he just keeps his head down and keeps it to himself I'm sure we can all live and let live, after all it is what we do with the other paedophile(s) here.

after all it is what we do with the other paedophile(s) here

as far as I can remember, only DYRE has any inclination towards children, and from what I recall he very specifically does not like real-life children.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^That doesn't justify or excuse it.

I'm fairly sure that there's no risk of children being hurt.

Think that all you want, but I'm not gonna join in the moralizing on this one, thanks.

• edited 2012-04-21 10:47:42
    Some weirdo

^ ^

• edited 2012-04-21 10:58:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, Christ. I was hoping he was more along the lines of "can't hide what I am; seeking help", but . . . well, this is one of the reasons I hate TVTropes; it creates unhealthy mindsets, even in people who were already dealing with disorders. But setting aside the TVTropes reference, Draven, I'm astounded by your ignorance, to your own problems as well as to basic social sensibilities, and frankly, I don't want you here. I was dreading the fact that I'd have to read this thread, but it turned out worse than I expected.

Draven, this place isn't right for you. But TVTropes is also REALLY not the right place for you. I recommend leaving, getting yourself together, and coming back when you're legitimately healthy. But I wouldn't feel right letting you stay after what happened here; the revelations in this thread aren't just going to vanish. If you insist on staying put, I'll make you leave. We've banned people for less.

If anyone thinks they can convince me that he's all right staying here, go for it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I don't agree that liking stylized drawings is anywhere near as bad as being attracted to real, actual children, but I'm really not in the mood to argue so whatever.

• Am I the only one who got the impression that lolpedo might have been trolling us?  Sometimes things are just...  almost too perfectly set up to be mocked, ya know?

• edited 2012-04-21 11:00:07

No, I'm not trolling! Oh, damn it, not posting made it worse. Shit.

-shrug-

Either way, he's made his bed.

• edited 2012-04-21 11:01:59

^^^Even if that was true, it's still ban worthy because that's a serious dick move.

^^100 fucking percent. And apologizing will not get you anywhere because it's clear that you're only sorry once you realized that we disapprove and not because you find your own feelings repugnant.

• a little muffled

I think having a fucked-up fetish is not a good reason for banning someone.

Agreeing with Toshiro Umezawa.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I take it you two missed the part where he sees no problem with dating children? The part where he looks at these things as if they were video game scenarios? I know Juan caught the part where he called his pedophilia a character trait.

I honestly wouldn't have cared if he was banned or not, up until the point where he said he'd be fine with fucking kids as long as they were having sex all the time anyway. In animeland, but hey, the point stands.

However, considering both that and his behaviour since he has been called out on it, I'd be calling for a ban myself, except that I'm kind of tired and I might change my mind when I'm less tired.

But I'm fairly sure I wouldn't disagree with a ban.

• a little muffled

Pretty sure none of that is against the rules.

• So I'm intentionally steering this thread back on topic by mentioning again, the EXH solution:

http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/comment/249158#Comment_249158

It's a bit big for reposting again, I think, but the cliff notes version is that we could just have a second domain name and use the YMMV system that's already in place (With a few tweaks) to simply hide any NSFW tropes and pages that are listed on the site.  The second domain name would have a different CSS file and thus load / display the NSFW tropes, whereas the main TVTropes domain simply wouldn't.

Solves all the problems in one go -- people who want NSFW tropes can still see them, those that don't can't, and Google can't fall prey to trolling the site because hey, the site doesn't actually contain the content anymore, right?

• edited 2012-04-21 11:13:26

I can't apologize enough, man. I'm telling you, I can work past this. It never has to be brought up again.

• edited 2012-04-21 11:16:16
    Diet NEET

>worse than TVT for accepting kiddie fiddlers

>whole thread nothing but telling him how unhealthy the mindset is and how he needs to revaluate his perspective

Sorry, not seeing it. I prefer internet-induced jadedness over the screaming moral indignation that is apparently the appropriate response, and everybody's stance on this makes it clear this is in no way an enabler mindset. Not that either of the two will really make someone revaluate his life over the intertubes, but is an instabanhammer(which makes a person seek out a site that does foster a pedo echo chamber) not less appropriate for said purpose than urging someone to seek therapy?

Besides, he displays LoveHappiness-esque swings in attitude, so we might be able to convince him to chop his own dick off or self-medicate with over-the-counter medicine. ;)

>InsanityAddict

>4Changuy

It's painful how much this tells me about my life.

Pretty sure none of that is against the rules.

Well, since we're bringing the rules up, I should probably point out that Everest is going to have to temp-ban me for continuing a dramafest and being hostile within this conversation, so hey, my opinion's discounted either way. Wonder why I even bothered posting then?

I take it you two missed the part where he sees no problem with dating children? The part where he looks at these things as if they were video game scenarios? I know Juan caught the part where he called his pedophilia a character trait.

I didn't. I still stand by what I said. --shrug--

Look, I agree that this is all awful. But if we're going to ban someone, it better be because they actually fuck up with the forum's environment and not because we decided to go full moralist and claim that all paedophiles are horrible people. I mean, this is a guy who, at the very least, claims that he's not particularly proud of it and is willing to get a therapist.

• edited 2012-04-21 11:21:57

I honestly don't care if he gets help or not. I just don't want him here.

^He's only said that after he found out we disapproved, it's clearly backpedaling.

I mean, this is a guy who, at the very least, claims that he's not particularly proud of it and is willing to get a therapist.

He's willing to get a therapist in pretty much the same way Tnu was- as long as it means he remains unbanned and can remain within the community, he'll claim whatever.

I mean, unless you're telling me that "Dude you're a fuckin' pedo what's wrong with you" was enough to overcome "And I'm not seeing a shrink, at least not until I move out on my own. I've been fucked over by the therapists here(long story, unrelated to this) and I'm not willing to give them a second try. I've got it under control. It's fine."