If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

THE RELIGION THREADS HAVE COME TO YACK FEST

edited 2011-02-02 20:48:23 in General
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• A lot of "controversial" issues have come to Yack Fest, with IJBM gone.

Also I see you still make low-on-content OPs. /tangent
  • edited 2011-02-02 20:57:15
    Loser
    I will wait a week or so to really comment on the general change I have seen (and post about it in another thread), but could someone explain to me the appeal of these religious threads? I may just have bias because I do not really enjoy talking about religion, but do they tend to even be informative at all?

On a somewhat related note, I got the dumb urge to make a "snowclone" thread called "Question for the daydream believers: What would it take to convince you that Touhou does not exist?"
  • I don't get the appeal, I don't post in them because I don't really care about religion.
  • They are fucking amazing, especially the people who try so hard to condescend on your for even believing in the word God. They are so silly with their intensity on "winning" the argument.
  • *obligatory Atheist snark*
  • I don't mind atheists really. They have their reasons for not believing in God. I just wish the dumb atheists weren't so fucking dumb. You don't need to dedicate your lives to letting every religious person know that they are an idiot for doing something that they enjoy and accuse them of murdering people in the middle ages whenever they are wrong, or use the generic "scientific method" fallacy or the Crocoduck fallacy to try to piss them off and make your now-empty life more enlightened.
  • Hah, Stanley Fish has no fans.
  • Question for the football players: what would it take to convince you that hockey is better?
  • Hockey is for stupid Canadians, Canada sucks :P
  • I think the importance of the question of religion in our model of reality is incredibly overblown and emotionally charged where it needn't be.
  • edited 2011-02-03 06:10:25
    "I think the importance of the question of religion in our model of reality is incredibly overblown and emotionally charged where it needn't be."

I find this to be good and bad at the same time. Good because religious people really believing in the models of reality their religions set out and taking them seriously would be disastrous (see Desertopa's million babies comment), but bad because it demonstrates a horrifying level of compartmentalization and rationalization that is present in the vast majority of human beings.

Also, does this mean that Yack Fest is no longer a hug box?
  • It was never a hugbox.
  • NO

WE ARE NOT BRINGING IT HERE
  • It was a HATEBOX

Via Chagen and Miru
  • Bringing what here?
  • I am not sure really.
  • But... but... but where are all the aspie kids gonna get their comfort from now?
  • collecting bugs
  • We're not bringing the hugbox here. That's what he means.

No... well, yes, but not. He means we're not bringing the term "hugbox" here, because it's dumb and based on a lot of erroneous assumptions and shit, and Myrm hates it...

... unless you were joking, case in which, carry on.
  • They are fucking amazing, especially the people who try so hard to condescend on your for even believing in the word God. They are so silly with their intensity on "winning" the argument.

Has this been your experience with the debates on TVTropes? It's been a few months since I posted in religious topics but I found most people civil and polite, not intense at all.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    One or two tropers have been pretty rude about it.  Mostly b&fags like Grey Human and Falconfly, though.

And I thought Myrmidon was saying we weren't bringing the religion threads here, but I could be mistaken.
  • Hearing the word "b&fags" from you is very amusing.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Is it?

If it's inappropriate pretend I said trolls or something.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Football is for stupid Americans.
  • Amusing =/= inappropriate.
  • S.exe and that Russian guy whose name I forget were also rude. I kinda think of them as sideshows though. The come in, they post a few times, they get banned, nobody remembers or cares afterwards.
  • imulrovstalinggay or whatever
  • edited 2011-02-03 22:09:53
    Cue-bey
    I should try and convince Falconfly to come back to tvtropes.
  • Is falconfly the guy who hates Elfen Lied?

NO
  • That was Smokie, Tno.