If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Metroid Prime Trilogy was actually limited edition

edited 2011-06-24 21:37:20 in Meatspace
Cue-bey
Companies always claim things are limited edition, but are they really? No. So, I thought I'd wait a few months for the price to drop when it came out, and now here I am, high and dry, trawling kijiji to see if someone has a copy.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT

The worst part? My Gamestop actually had one all the way into this holiday, but I put off getting it to buy Goldeneye. 
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    Is there a reason getting the Trilogy is preferable to just getting the three games individually?
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Three games for the price of one? Prime 1 and 2 with the Wii's controls, which apparently worked well for 3?
    I was just saying that if there's no overbearing reason the Trilogy is better (I guess the Wii controls thing could be a deal-maker/breaker for some) then it might be cheaper and less effort to get the Gamecube ones.

One thing I'd beware of though: Try to get copies of MP1 that come with the MP2 bonus disc, or are from the Greatest Hits (or equivalent) line. I've heard that the original release of MP1 had bugs that could cause lockups and the like.

Anyway, I'm sure I saw a Trilogy package in my area lately. I'll keep an eye out.
  • Trilogy is definitely far superior to the original releases. Simply because the Wii controls are such an incredible improvement on the Gamecube originals that you'll wonder how you ever managed without them. 
  • ^^I don't actually own copies of the first 2 games, and people demand that you buy old gamecube games as some sort of package deal with a whole gamecube quite often, which is annoying.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Did they fix the lost-forevers of MP1 in the Trilogy version?
    ^^ You must live in a shit area. Where I come from its quite possible to buy the games without actually buying the console. If it weren't, then I'd have 20 Sega Genesises.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Funny, I didn't even know that it was limited (which would explain why I never saw on the shelves again, after some time). I guess, I could consider myself lucky then.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Trilogy is definitely far superior to the original releases. Simply
    because the Wii controls are such an incredible improvement on the
    Gamecube originals that you'll wonder how you ever managed without
    them.

Except for switching weapons, the new system makes fighting multiple Beam Troopers in Prime 1 a total bitch.
  • edited 2011-06-25 22:17:31
    MP1's particle effects and such were also improved quite a bit in Trilogy, if you notice that sort of thing.
  • It takes a half second longer to switch weapons. Not a big deal. 
    That half second can mean a lot during the invisibility phase of the Omega Pirate fight.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Real-time weapon change is only super-effective against giant enemy crabs.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Goddamnit, harvey.
  • Silly GMH, there are no crabs in Metroid Prime. 
  • Well, now you can spend your money on a vastly better game series.
  • They're somethin' else.
    ^ Like The Legend of Zelda! 8D
    ^^ loltroll
    ^ Because he's objectively wrong geddit lol
    >Silly GMH, there are no crabs in Metroid Prime.

Are you kidding? MP (first form) itself is the king of Giant Enemy Crabs.
    ^^lolkidding u fell for my troll moran lololol
    lolno im objectively rite
    lol u trollin
    Ummm okay.

Personally Metroid Prime ain't my cuppa java and I certainly wouldn't pay extra for a version that uses the Wiimote, but hey, it already exists so its not gonna hurt the world if somebody wants it.
    Well, the reason it's so desired is that it's only $60.00 for three games (it comes with Metroid Prime, Echoes, and Corruption). 
  • edited 2011-06-26 14:52:14
    You can change. You can.
    I've only played MP 3. (Hehehehehe)

Needless to say, I was a happy Juan till I stopped playing. then I became an angry Juan. Then someone gave me a copy of Twilight Princess...

I then became a midly entertained Juan.
    $60 for three games... but you can get MP1 and 2 (Cube versions) for less than $10 if you shop around.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of compilations unless they either actually are cheaper than the individual releases, or else include some otherwise hard-to-find games (like Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels).
  • edited 2011-06-26 15:20:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I got a GC version of MP1 for $5 used.

Another $5 for the memcard.
    ^^ Well, it helps if you a) don't have MP3 and b) find the Wii controls better than the Gamecube controls. For me, the former is true, so I can't say much of the latter, although playing it over at a friend's house seemed intuitive enough.