If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Forever alone...curse you, snow!

edited 2012-02-04 13:23:16 in Meatspace

I was supposed to be meeting up with some friends this evening, but I had to cancel it because snow is forecast and I don't want to risk being stuck in Central London if public transport collapses. The infuriating thing is that this is going to be 10 centimetres max - a couple of inches - and I know damn well that in any other European country it would be no problem at all.

IJBM: That England can't cope with its own weather. Still, CSI is on TV later and I've bought some Coke for my whisky, so it shouldn't be too bad. 

Comments

• Glaives are better.

You can't travel because of a third of a foot of snow?

Jesus.

• ^ Which hasn't actually fallen yet.

• Meh, public transport is severely limited with such low amounts over here too.

• Champion of the Whales

Thats what happens in London, trufax

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

There's 10 cm of snow in Belgrade, and 2-3 times as much in my suburb, which is on a hill just 20 kilometers away. Regardless, it's an official state of emergency, and we don't have to go to school.

• You can change. You can.

IJBM: That England can't cope with its own weather. Still, CSI is on TV later and I've bought some Coke for my whisky, so it shouldn't be too bad.

dude, don't tell them, you might get me arrested

• Champion of the Whales

I dont know man, I just watched a Rugby game being played in the snow

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Wait what?

• Champion of the Whales

On the telly, there was the Salford-Castleford game which was being played on a frozen snowed over pitch so Capitan Brass, dont lump us Northerners with you and your soft southern friends :P

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

@Whale.
    Using Monkey Dust videos!
    Yes!

Also it has snowed here, which isn't too far from London so I guess the public transport there has stopped already.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I remember back when I was going to college in NC and I couldn't drive to class after a snowstorm that would be considered routine here in the catskills because they just didn't have the equipment to deal.

So I know the feel.

• edited 2012-02-04 16:32:13

Whale - Hey, drop the "soft southerner" stuff! I'm originally from Leeds. I'm just another Northerner come South to make money.

Update on the weather - It's been snowing all evening. I'm glad I didn't go out now.

Update on the coke - Juan ripped me off again with some black bubbly liquid. Furthermore, it was Pepsi. Worst drug dealer ever!

Update on the CSI - not a great episode. The subculture this week was punk, and even I didn't find their punks convincing.

• Champion of the Whales

Hey, drop the "soft southerner" stuff! I'm originally from Leeds. I'm just another Northerner come South to make money.

I never said you were a soft southerner.

• ^ On re-reading the post, you didn't actually - sorry. I can't deny most of the other people in London are soft southerners!

• Champion of the Whales

Although I did call you a Southerner, sorry man

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Midlands is bestlands.

• ITT: The unresolved English civil war over which region is most manly.

• Champion of the Whales

Its obviously the North West of England