If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm not racist, but...

edited 2011-09-26 14:08:12 in General
$80+ per session

Comments

• The MLP one?
  • No rainbow star
    Wonder if there is one that goes, "I'm not racist, but my damn black neighbour made me late for my KKK meeting"
  • For the first one, dealing with "Asian people sound angry", the tones of Mandarin Chinese (And any Chinese dialect, for that matter) mean that Chinese people do sound like they're angry when talking sometimes, due to one of the tones of the language being a low one we normally associate with anger.

Also, Hindi (Referring to the Indians comment) posesses a few strange consonants called "Retroflexes", which may have caused his confusion. He could have worded it better, however, because the comment is racist, but still.

• --clicks on over to I'm not sexist but...--

;_;
  • Nao fellahs, I aint no racist, but ah gotta' say dat ah miss the days when ya could aktually see them boys pluckin' the cotton.

These spiks just kinda'...blend into the background, bless-their-hearts.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    What the hell kind of teacher gives a grade that high for that?

• I have a feeling this song is relevant to the topic.

Also, someone who can't speak English being placed on a service line for an English-Speaking country is something legit to complain about.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Part of the point, though, is that the person complaining seems to speak it well below first-grade standards.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    What the hell kind of teacher gives a grade that high for that?

A kindergarten teacher, I'd think.
  • Writing English and speaking it are two different things?
  • Yeah, but the comment isn't really racist.

This and sites like White Whine basically depend on reading racism/white privelege into goddamn everything even when it doesn't exist.
  • You can change. You can.
    Let's see if I time it right this time

--looks at wristwatch and checks for notes--
  • edited 2011-09-26 18:56:29
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^If someone says "I'm not racist, but," that means they thought about what they were saying and decided that it sounded racist.

With this specific complaint, I'm inclined to agree that they probably aren't, but most of the material on the site is pretty racist.
    There's a few problems with the comment.

One, you'd think that in order to understand what the person is saying, they would have had to speak English to at least an understandable level. I've never met a telemarketer or call centre yet who I couldn't understand.

Two, he feels the need to mention how he's not racist because he doesn't like people who can't speak English. The problem is, his complaint isn't based around racism- or so you'd assume, at least; however, he's making a clear connection between his complaint and racism, so he sees it as at least a little racist and makes a disclaimer saying "Totally not racist, dude, BUT".

And, well, the website is named 'I'm not racist, but'.

Three, he has terrible spelling.
  • Why would you link that AHR?

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I'm not racist, but I think that poor socioeconomic standards for black people have made them for susceptible to both commit crimes and be arrested and jailed, because living in poverty is promoted by the media, and especially the rap music industry, as glamorous gang lifestyles, leading to youths pursuing dangerous and illegal lifestyles rather than attempting to become successful, which is viewed as "uncool" by said youths, and that institutional racism in the police force, due to many uneducated people (those who are uneducated are often racist or otherwise bigoted, because ignorance towards the world breeds fear and anger towards those who are different, another myth perpetuated by the media in response to terrorist attacks, not to mention the fact that, unfortunately for supporting typical stereotypes, those who are uneducated oftentimes wish to wield guns as symbols of status and power,) becoming police officers, and even those police officers who are not racist are paid by commission, leading them to pursue questionable avenues for extra arrests, not to mention the fact that many in the upper- and middle-classes look down upon the poor and believe that they have gotten themselves into this situation, leading to a self-perpetuating cycle of poverty for minorities. 

That is a run-on sentence.
  • You can change. You can.
    because she hates you.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I can understand frustration based on lack of communication in the service industry, but white people are by no means clean of that sin.
  • CC: Because you must suffer with me.
  • They're somethin' else.
    Well fuck, then saying "I'm not racist" is a lot like saying "I don't have a persecution complex" then. No matter what you say, you're digging yourself a deeper hole >:/
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I have been the call center guy, and it is unfair to say that we can't speak english, firstly because to even get to the phone we have to pass pronounciation and grammar tests and stuff. And second, there are some US citizens who's accents are so far removed from the  newscaster accent that their speech is almost undecipherable. 
  • There's one that says females "Have no heart, feel no guilt, and are basically the reasons humanity sucks"

AHR: This is you on a personal level now.
    I don't know about lacking guilt or lacking heart, but some women are vindictive to a fault./LOLSEXISM
  • Yes, you are a sexist Vandro.

But it's okay, you're only a non-white person /lolracist.
    I love being non-white, there's something I can do: it's called tanning. And I don't have to pay for it at all.
    If you looked up "high horse", these websites would be on the top of the search page.