If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rational wiki

2»

Comments

• edited 2011-07-20 22:24:55
    If we're simply going to bring up good RW articles, then there's this.

Edit: Could we keep religion out of this (unless related to RW)? Those are boring and RW is fun, so...
  • Some people don't know better Captain, and insulting and dismissing them isn't exactly going to win them over to your side.

• edited 2011-07-20 22:24:19
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ Then I suggest you learn patience. If you can't, the door's that way.
  • And I thought this thread might end up being fun.
  • "@Everest: My issue is that those tested and common opinions, the tests for them have come up false. Time and time again they've been proven wrong. Thus to me, continuing to advocate such constitutes wilful ignorance. Something which I have no patience for. "

You do realize that on the political side of things, I'm probably rather close to you?
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:31:27
    @Everest: In the intent of actually remaining here it appears I have no choice. So long as it's understood that I disagree with your position and am doing so under protest. 

@Counterclock: See but that to me results in treating the religious position as a reasonable one to hold. I, as you probably know by now, view religion as something that needs to be eradicated in the same way as Phrenology. 

The only way I see to do this is to have advocating the religious position to become laughable. To make belief in God nothing more than a joke. I see treating the religious argument seriously as giving it validation, something I cannot abide. 

@Chagen: I'm talking entirely about your positions on God and Atheists here. Unless you're advocating Theocracy this is not about politics. Start another thread for that if you like and we can see how well aligned we are on that front. 
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:41:41
    [tɕagɛn]
    Thumped.
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:45:31
    Thumped.
  • @Captain Treating people with respect does not mean you have to respect their views, and if people want to be ignorant, there's nothing you can do about that, but if they start to show interest, if they start to question their beliefs, that's when you come swooping in with a book of knowledge and intellect and show them the folly of their beliefs.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    See, Fargle, I'm probably more on your side than Chagen's here, but your whole demeanor when religion comes up makes me want to disagree with you completely.
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:35:40
    @Forzare: Which is something I find genuinely baffling. I honestly don't understand that. If you agree with my position what does my demeanour matter?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Yoooooooooooo
  • And I thought this thread might end up being fun.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Just stick with Wikipedia for your e-encyclopedia needs. Stay away from Rational Wiki, and even farther away from Conservapedia.
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:38:16
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

@Forzare: Which is something I find genuinely baffling. I honestly don't understand that. If you agree with my position what does my demeanour matter?

Because there's ways to express your beliefs (or lack thereof, as it were) without coming off as a dick.  The dickishness is unnecessary and offputting, and not something I really want my position to be associated with.
  • And Woo is a dumb. dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb dumb word. Unless it's the last name of a director.
  • edited 2011-07-20 22:41:23
    @Forzare: See I find that perplexing. To me, validity of the argument comes before all else. 

As I said before, if somebody is a dick and correct I'll said with them over somebody who is nice and wrong. 
  • a little muffled
    Don't shoot the message and all that.
  • Too bad. Life doesn't work that way.

If you phrase your opinions in a dickish way, then people wont want to associate with them, or take your side because they don't want to be dicks.

Besides, you're part of a community here, so don't you think it'd be nice if everyone in the community could get along? And not be horribly rude about each others beliefs? Debate? Yes. Be a dick? No.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm not saying that I'm going to jump in and start arguing for religion. But when I read your posts, they make me want to disagree with you purely based on the condescension and demeanor, when I might otherwise jump in and argue on your side.
  • Captain: Exactly what are you arguing then?

That rational wiki is rational?

How does your insulting Chagen/or whoever for holding his/her beliefs argue for the validity of rational wiki in anyway shape or form?

• Can we just lock this thread before it goes the way we all know its going to go?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Sounds good.
This discussion has been closed.