If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I have to wait till November to play this

edited 2011-07-20 18:57:48 in General
http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-generations-gets-new-video-chemical-plant-pics--206576.phtml

JUST LOOK AT THOSE SCREENIES!

SEGA cannot take my money fast enough for this. 

It's going to be like Unleashed all over again, where I bought the game full price twice. 

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I kinda assumed this was going to be about Skyrim...
  • I am honestly more excited about this than Skyrim.
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:15:14
    So Modern is the same old Colors/Unleashed style gameplay with the same trial and error racetrack level design, accidental dead ends, psuedo-cutscenes where you don't control Sonic, emphasis on memorization and floaty controls that are completely unsuitable for 2D.
    So...it's a compilation of old games?

If so, I really don't get why this is exciting.
  • Fuck Skyrim, Generations is where it's at bitches. 

@inkblot: Crisis City is confirmed for Generations. That good enough for you?

I'm still waiting for the first footage of Sky Sanctuary. The Classic fans are gonna EXPLODE over that. I mean I'll explode too, but I'll probably explode more over Speed Highway. 

I'm still a little disappointed that we're not getting Crazy Gadget or Sky Deck though. Ah well, perhaps for DLC. 
  • @INUH: Look at the screens. It's not a compilation, it's remakes of a a lot of previous levels using new hardware. It's going to be AMAZING. 
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:18:13
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -looks it up-

Okay, that actually does look better than that trailer made me think it was.

^The City Escape footage didn't look different to me from when I played it on the Gamecube. Sonic got a better model, clearly, but everything else looked identical.
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:34:23
    Jeez, I was joking about '06.

It doesn't matter what levels they use. Generations will have original levels with, say, a Planet Wisp or a Chemical Plant skin and a few token nods to the original levels.
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:26:51
    @Inkblot: I know. I was running with it. 

@INUH: You're kidding right? Seriously, you're kidding. You have to be. Hang on while I dig up the video....
  • There should be a side by side comparison video or something.
    ^^The cars, at least, looked like the same poorly-done models I remember. They're what I noticed most.
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:34:13
  • edited 2011-07-20 19:32:41
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Okay, I paused it a few times, and in freezeframe it's more obvious that everything was just going by too fast for me to judge model quality.

That, and the other video didn't really show off the new gameplay.
  • The Truck is probably the biggest change. No-one saw the bigass, building smashing sawblades coming. 
  • pffffffffffffff

(ノ `Д´)ノ ~┻━┻

SKYRIM'S WHERE IT'S AT
  • ^^ But the old Sonic games suck too! D:
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    "Fuck Skyrim"

*draws sword* SURELY YOU JEST
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    At least, they are just doing the videogame continuity, though, it's kind of weird that it's Genesis Sonic meets Adventurized Sonic. If they can get four Spider-Mans in a game, why not do that with Sonic.