If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My PSP.

edited 2011-07-17 20:23:04 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
I think it's finally dead.

It was all beat to hell anyway. Though how much crap it survived was amazing. I've dropped it, kept it in horrible conditions, and god knows what else for so long it's kinda impressive it survived. The on button is practically destroyed (the real reason it's dead--the button doesn't work half the time and you have to force it to the point of pain to turn it on--I've been trying for the past 10 minutes and it wont turn on), it's half-white due to scratches, and the screen has seen better days.

.....is it sad if I spent that much time writing about a simple game device?

Comments

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Hey cheer up. It's a Sony product, it's amazing it didn't explode after turning it on the first time
  • edited 2011-07-17 20:26:07
    Tableflipper
    -puts my PSP in a cushioned box every time I turn it off (when i'm home) and makes sure it isn't on standby so it doesn't waste power/overheat in there along with cleaning out dust from the gaps in the button areas-

ur abuse maeks me sad eet isn't maed of nintendium u kno
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    My PSP is a used one and its holding up pretty well.

The most I do is put it in a small case every time I'm done. Also, it's got a rubber glove on.
  • I tried again today.

Still won't respond no matter what I do.

I think it's finally and truly given up the ghost....
  • Never mind, got it to turn on, though it required me to force the start swtich so hard I nearly snapped the thing in half.
  • This thread is actually just in time, because I'm buying one tomorrow. XD
  • ur abuse maeks me sad eet isn't maed of nintendium u kno

I've heard of someone throwing their (broken) PSP at their wall hard enough to dent the wall, and it actually fixed the PSP.

I'm not really sure what I'm implying by that, but... yeah.
  • PSPs seem to be randomly built out of Nintendium sometimes.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    What games are you getting, Waltzy?
  • You can change. You can.
    ...are there any good games on PSP beyond Peace Walker?
    The Persona rereleases.

Actually, that's all I have on PSP so far >.>
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is OK.

Final Fantasy Dissidia/Duodecim.
  • Burnout Legends and Motorstorm Artic Edge are pure sex, but only for racing fans.

The PSP has a lot of good racing games. 'Tis why I like it so much.
  • edited 2011-07-18 23:30:21
    You can change. You can.
    ^^^ I didn't count them because rereleases are...well, rereleases. 
  • edited 2011-07-18 23:30:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'd get Birth By Sleep if I'd finished KH2. Which at this point means restarting KH2 and praying it won't randomly become unwinnable again this time.

^Well, Persona 2: Innocent Sin is coming out for it soon; it's never been released in the US before.
  • Wipeout Pure and Pulse, Little Big Planet, Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero, Ridge Racer, Advent Children, Syphon Filter, Half-Minute Hero.
  • "Ridge Racer"

HOLY CRAP HOW DID I FORGET THIS

The hours I wasted on this game, the hours......
    I'd get Birth By Sleep if I'd finished KH2. Which at this point means restarting KH2 and praying it won't randomly become unwinnable again this time.

> KH 2
    > Unwinnable.

Yeah; I think I'm the only person it's ever happened to ever. I was pretty pissed.
  • How exactly did that happen?
    There was a battle where you were supposed to fight off Heartless or Nobodies or whatever until some plot event happened after you'd been fighting long enough.

If played on my save file, this battle never ends.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Glitch.
    Yep.

But it was about 80% through the game, and I never found the time to start over.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Chagen, have you tried taking it apart with a screwdriver and trying to diagnose the problem?

> Ridge Racer

It's Ridge Racer!

Riiiiiiiiiidge Racer!
  • edited 2011-07-18 23:50:39
    It's actually a good series. The drifting mechanic means that braking is completely unnecessary, so the game never, ever slows down. Though Namco keeps rehashing tracks and music over and over again.
  • @INUH: I just ordered the Vocaloid video game a few days ago. Since it was hella expensive, no other games at this time. XD
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    There are English-language Vocaloid games?
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    ...are there any good games on PSP beyond Peace Walker?

Peace Walker is good?

Anyway: both the Metal Gear Acid games and Solid: Portable Ops, the two Star Ocean games, and currently my faves are Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (includes The After Years plus an all-new Interlude game) and Gradius Collection (most of these weren't released on home console in English-speaking regions before so... yeah).

I just discovered the awesomeness of PSP so I'm still investigating my options.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I've heard of someone throwing their (broken) PSP at their wall hard enough to dent the wall, and it actually fixed the PSP.

The main light in my room has been out for a while. I haven't replaced it because lazy and I've got workarounds.

So last night I was practising with one of my synthetic training swords and accidentally hit the ceiling.

The light turned back on. 

I guess violence does solve everything. 
    Peace Walker is good?

It's a bit too on the coop side, admitedly, but if you do get people to fight alongside you, it is truly fun. 

Besides, MGS. You can't possibly go wrong with MGS.