If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Guns.

edited 2011-04-28 19:33:45 in General
[tɕagɛn]
My dad and I went down to Bass Pro (if you've never heard of it, I'll just say it's Redneck Heaven. It's pretty cool inside, though), and we were checking out guns. They looked pretty bitching, I want one...

There was this revolver that was $1300, and had, and I am not kidding you, a barrel that was like a foot long, with the whole thing basically the length of mywhole forearm. That thing was a goddamn Hand Cannon, I'm not sure why it was even made. .50 cal, it'd probably snap your hand off if you fired it.

I kinda want a gun when I grow up. But I can't really do anything with it except shoot people, but that would be wrong.

But I'm not a true American™ if I don't own a gun....

Comments

• well good sir if you want one just go and get one you have a right to do so per the 2nd Ammendment.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    He's underage.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I think guns owned by civilians in peacetime are at best pointless at worst murderous.
  • Are you European, Ian?

Different Cultures I guess. American culture pratically fetishizes gun ownership.

I prefer a society where I can keep some protection around me. 
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Buy some mace.
  • and if sa criminal breaks in? if someone tries to coerce me?
    Spray them with the mace.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:40:59
    [tɕagɛn]
    Mace doesn't do shit. I'd rather just cap him and go back to watching anime.
  • Mace what does this look like mideval times or a High Fantasy settign? the point is the 2nd Ammendment protects our right to beer arms and it is non-negotiable.
  • American culture pratically fetishizes gun ownership.

Not really. I don't even think I know anyone who owns a gun. It depends on where you are and such. You're from Texas, so of course there'll be lots of people with guns, but in like... suburbs in New England, you're going to see a lot less gun ownership.
  • I'm a pacifist I don't fetishize it i'm just against gun controle on principle.
  • "Mace doesn't do shit. I'd rather just cap him and go back to watching anime."

He needs to sort out his priorities.

• What if i'm in the middle of watching Black Lagoon or Wedding Peach I don't want to be interrupted.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:45:51
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Tnu- No. We are not turning this into a debate on the Constitution or whatever.

"Mace doesn't do shit. I'd rather just cap him and go back to watching anime."

... Mace does a lot. These days, it's made of pepper spray, which will irritate the person's eyes to the point of near-blindness. If they don't die of it.

That was an odd mental image, Funnyguts...
  • To be honest, I'd really just keep the gun to say I have it. I'd probably never use it except for self-defense.
  • Anyone else imagining Chagen watching something like Gurren Lagann with a corpse on his living room floor?

I was imagining it'd be Strike Witches, but pretty much yeah.
  • Exactly and why not Cygan? It's perfectly relevent.
  • I'd use something like a pistol, guys...

I'd never actualy kill him unless he tried to kill me. If he's just breaking in, I'd probably just threaten him with it in the hopes he leaves. If he doesn't, boom.
    It's not relevant.

And you are noted for your debating views regarding this, tnu. We are not going there.

@ Chagen: Get a water pistol.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:48:45

Seriously, people. There's a criminal breaking in. Even if he's not trying to kill you, chances are he'll steal half your belongings while you're absorbed with your cartoons.

Gaah, nerd culture.

@Chagen British.

@If someone breaks in.

Even if they break in, they are unlikely to be armed (the majority of crimes featuring guns only happens where there are guns = the countryside as it has shotguns and such) so usually scaring them away will do. Also they are still human I'm not out for killing.
  • edited 2011-04-28 19:49:42
    ^^ Um... Chagen said he'd deal with the criminal first, and then get back to watching cartoons.

And nobody else really said anything about it other than that it's a funny mental image.
  • H ow is it not relevent 2nd Ammendment provides the right to beer arms. if people don't like it they can get it ammended.
    ^Beer arms?

Sounds better than what it is meant to be!
  • Poe's Law strikes again.
  • bear arms my bad, bare, Homophones are so confusing.
    No worries I just liked the image.
  • beg your pardon Abyss?
    • H ow is it not relevent 2nd Ammendment provides the right to beer arms. if people don't like it they can get it ammended.

Because we are talking about a teenager who wishes to own a mad-cool gun, not gun control laws.

• DID SOMEONE SAY A MAC-

"Mace what does this look like mideval times or a High Fantasy settign?"

oh dammit

also what are beer arms