If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

All the crazy problems between people around here

edited 2011-04-28 23:31:20 in IJBM meta
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
tnu1138 > anyone ever stop to think that this may be why IJBM was nuked?

For all the crazy drama and moderation problems that it created?

Yes.  I just spent a day dealing with dramafests and shitstorms here, in fact.

Comments

• How long has this been going on? I recall joining up here because I didn't see that much drama going on.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    I would think that part of being a mod would suck since you can't ignore problem posts.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    If you want to see if anything will get better, you could try being a bit more liberal with temporary bans when people act up again and seeing if removing problem posters for a few days has a net positive effect on the forum. Probably a bad suggestion, but it's something.
  • It might not be the most responsible of me to do so, but if I were a mod, this is when I would start waving the banhammer around.
  • Eh.

Well, it was nice talking to you all.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:38:06
    How long has this been going on? I recall joining up here because I didn't see that much drama going on.

From what I'd consider drama, a couple days.

Of course, those have been very, very chaotic days of undampened shitstorms I wouldn't want to clean. And I'm an hypocrite for that.

Edit: Ninja'ed so badly.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    We've had dramafests and shitposts up the wazoo lately.

I could go around banning people willy-nilly, but I want to be reasonable, of course.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Which is why I started that Rules topic.
  • I figure it's fair to be more liberal with the bans if you can keep them short and give a warning before using them. Sort of like a time-out.
  • Ban.

Everything.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ My thought exactly.
  • edited 2011-04-28 23:45:43
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Tempbans would be fine. 4chan does it all of the time, it's just that it has more impact here since everyone can tell when you ARE ban evading.

I would think as long as the mods don't forget about the people who need to calm down it should be fine. It's not like banning = irredeemable act of tyranny if it's only for a couple hours or for a day.

Hell, knowing you are being rejected from the site is a pretty good heads up that you should "cut the shit".
  • I think even the threat could have sufficient deterrent. If warned that the next thing you say could get you kicked out of the conversation for a page or two, you're at least more likely to choose your words carefully.
  • Glenn: If I recall that is exactly why it was nuked.  They were tired of policing it.
  • Boy, only now do I get around reading all of today's drama. I feel dizzy.

Anyhow, I do agree on the rule enforcing thing. Whatever rules get added, they'll do nothing if we treat them like we do the current ones.