If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The first fic I might seriously finish is...

Comments

• Yeah. I looked at some fanfic I wrote when I was 12-13 and it was horrible.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-04-26 00:00:55
    There is plenty of room to be a unique snowflake, but it's a good idea to study why other writers use the techniques, patterns, and voices they do before you focus on that.  Unique is good when you have the experience to know what you're doing and can weigh how and why you would want to break certain molds, but until then it's kind of a crapshoot.  Being unique and breaking trends is not a healthy goal unto itself.

^ Dude, my fanfic was glass-in-eye terrible until I was old enough that you wouldn't expect me to still be writing it.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:32:10

[Comment deleted]

• edited 2011-04-26 00:02:13
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    This thread is such bullshit. I feel like derailing it to my preferences.

So I was reading a HoTD Fanfic the other day and I was like "I wish I could cut people's fingers off via the Internet"

Then I sent the writer telling shim that I was superior in every way to them and went on with my life.

• Because age totally means anything.

And yes, they are. But how exactly does their age have fuck all to do with their sense of humor?

This kind of snarky humor is what I'm known for in real life.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
  • Vorpy, stop vorping.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:31:59

[Comment deleted]

• I could've spent this last hour writing instead of arguing.

God fucking dammit.
  • $80+ per session
    Hahahahaha.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-04-26 00:14:04
    And yes, they are. But how exactly does their age have fuck all to do with their sense of humor?

Because the stuff you're clinging to is mostly shock value stuff that loses its novelty over time as you become exposed to more proficient works that use it a bit more sparingly and effectively.

Again.  Been there.
  • Today has not been a good day for me.

I hate getting criticism. It always feels like the critic is attacking me and not my work. So I freak out and things get really bad from there.

And I just got my signature style lambasted horribly, when I love it and have worked with it for years. What am I supposed to do now, drop one of the things that defines who I am? Lose a critcal part of my personality?

What the fuck do you want from me?!

Everywhere I go I get nothing but insults. Everyone hates me, I have no friends, and everything I make is torn to shreds and I just have to look at the pieces on the ground. This isn't easy to deal with, you know. I never fit in and I just am there, an annoyance to be tolerated but only so.

I hate this. I hate everything. I hate other people. I hate myself.

Fuck it all.

I spent my high school career spit on and shoved to agree/so I could watch all my heroes sell a car in TV....
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:31:44

[Comment deleted]

• Fuck, why does puberty make me do this stupid shit.
  • edited 2011-04-26 00:21:13
    Pro tip: "Disenchanted" was the worst song on the album.  Also had the most lolshitty lyrics of the band's career.
  • Screw you, it's one of the best.
    Artists use the "personal style" card whenever people address their shitty anatomy of their characters. They think replicating a style they think looks good will allow them to progress, but drawing the same anatomically incorrect legs and arms will only bug the people who don't like it, and will begin to grow on the people who do. They refuse to learn prospective and proportioning because it implies getting better, when they think they are fine enough.

Same goes for writing.
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:31:32

[Comment deleted]

• I never thought I was good.

I just don't know any other way of writing. Any time I write, it comes out like this. I can't write any other way.
  • $80+ per session
    Why don't you use your striking humor to get friends? also this makes you a big fat liar
  • edited 2011-04-26 00:25:21
    [tɕagɛn]
    I don't have very many friends here at least.

I have lots of friends IRL. Only one do I spend lots of time with, though.

Also, lol taking an emo outburst literally
    Chagen is like....Zubat.

He's fucking everywhere and isn't useful most of the time, and he appears in caves and annoys the fuck out of you when you are trying to get to the next town. No matter how many times you beat him he always pops up. When you get lost you hate seeing him, and you want to use repels every time, but you realize he annoys you so fucking much you fight him and defeat him every time he pops up. But he comes back no matter what.

How about you guys quit wasting so much PP on trying to fight Chagen and just use a God damn Repel?
  • This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Everyone hates me.

Everyone
  • edited 2011-04-26 00:29:55
    Not taking the bait Chagen.

Just...be an Abra instead. They aren't as bad.
  • $80+ per session
    But you can catch him to evolve him into Golbat and then Crobat with friendship. Or does that not apply here?
  • BobBob
    edited 2011-04-26 21:30:17

[Comment deleted]
    [Reason: Shitpost]

• I need to get laid.

I have a feeling that hiring a hooker will solve a vast majority of my problems.

/half serious
  • edited 2011-04-26 00:32:06
    Chagen can't evolve into a Golbat because nobody wants to catch him and use friendship to evolve him into a Crobat.

I caught him once but he didn't do anything so I released him, then TV Tropes decided to add a Patch that removed all Zubats from the game.