If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So there are some sites these days that make you pick an image that you can remember, and maybe some phrase that you remember, so you know that the site is legit when signing in.

I did that on a certain site, and picked a combination that amused me at the time. Then I kinda forgot about it, and when I just now logged back in I got a kick out of it.
  • edited 2021-09-17 21:16:44
    I wonder what's up with the internet's circlejerking over the Word "defenestrate".
    Also, over the past month or so I've noticed people on the streets have grown even more careless about the pandemic, wearing masks even more rarely than they used to while doing things like talking to each other from up close.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Also, over the past month or so I've noticed people on the streets have grown even more careless about the pandemic, wearing masks even more rarely than they used to while doing things like talking to each other from up close.

Yeah, it was fun and novel at first, but as the season went on that whole pandemic gimmick grew stale, and now it looks like the showrunners don't know how to get rid of it and just carry on in hope it'll work out somehow.
    Defenestrate is just funny mostly because it's odd to have a word so specifically meaning to throw something out a window.
    Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Day!
    ...apparently I can't paste a moon cake emoji.

So enjoy this picture of moon cakes.

MDC_mooncake_promote2.jpg
  • edited 2021-09-22 02:23:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Also, whatever this is:

53dc6066260e7.jpg

Apparently this may exist in Thailand.
  • Never heard of Moon cakes before, but now I want to try some.
  • GMH, guess what, I saw you in the wild.
    Some years ago I used to encounter posts from TVT regulars in the wild all the time (mostly Lets Player YouTube comments), but I think this is the first time I encounter one from an IJBMer.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Kind of like bumping into your neighbour during a trip to another country, feels like.
  • edited 2021-09-27 00:32:37
    For a moment I thought you visited south Florida and ran across me at a local park or grocery store, haha.

Just curious, what led you to that thread?
  • edited 2021-09-27 01:03:12
    I was looking up stuff about Hayao Miyazaki being a jerkass.
    I also found this:
    On global warming: "I want to see the sea rise over Tokyo and the NTV tower become an island. I’d like to see Manhattan underwater. I’d like to see when the human population plummets and there are no more high-rises, because nobody’s buying them. I’m excited about that. Money and desire—all that is going to collapse, and wild green grasses are going to take over."
    (Dunno about the context or even if he actually said that, though nobody in that thread seemed to think otherwise.)
    Miyazaki's the Ghibli guy? If my limited knowledge of Japanese animation serves me right, I think I can kinda see the appeal of that to him.

Also, I, too, like the visual of a tower rising straight from the sea, so I kind of don't judge him here.
    I realized I hadn't checked the Applicants list in a while, so I went to check it, but then I was reminded that the PHP error still hasn't been fixed.
  • I got the second vaccine dose this Saturday, I think it's safe to say I had no annoying side effects, only that my arm hurt a bit for like five minutes and I got a bit sleepy in the afternoon.
    On the topic, I learned that Jerry Messing (AKA the fedora meme guy) almost died from COVID.
    Congrats!

I think I got a mild fever after my second dose, a bigger reaction than my first dose. Afterwards I felt fine.
    I got a bit sleepy in the afternoon

Must've been uploading software updates, eh?
    I don't know where else to put this but

On my end, I just discovered r/2visegrad4you, and it's beautiful. Kind of like a very Central European "only in Florida".
  • See also: Their edgy neighbors r/2balkan4you.
  • edited 2021-10-07 17:46:25
    http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic/103-dededoo/

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/comic/157-ddddds/

I got my teeth cleaned today.

Also the dentist is a Venezuelan expat living here in South Florida.
  • I'll probably get my teeth cleaned soon too, the date my Dr. recommended for another visit has been overdue for... a month? Two?
  • edited 2021-10-09 06:03:23
    aaaaaaa
  • edited 2021-10-09 07:34:34
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I don't know what you will make of it, but my first thought upon reading your post was that it looks like you were a rogue AI posing as a human, which just outed itself as a result of getting hit with a virus of the digital kind.
  • edited 2021-10-09 06:04:34
    this is an incredible shitpost
    [something strange happened here]

also TIL featherless velociraptors are like if you take the concept of pegasus knights from Fire Emblem but take the wings from the horses and put them on the women
  • edited 2021-10-09 06:05:03
    Umm... can I ask you two to edit out those quotes?
    deleted mine; if @lrdgck doesn't do it in a day i'll delete it for him.

but yeah, it seems that we've created a noodle incident
  • edited 2021-10-09 17:00:50
    Alright, I assume you two are dying to know what that was about.
    I think I've mentioned it before, I usually use IJBM's draft feature as an online notepad to keep tabs on whatever, including stuff unrelated to IJBM. I was aware that I could end up posting it accidentally (and I remember the forums posting it once due to a bug) and that it's visible to anybody who can see IJBM's data so I knew not to have compromising stuff in there, but I guess I had grown careless about it. So...
    • The raptors thing was an early draft of this post.
    • The numbers (with no letters) is me keeping a log of certain stuff.
    • The numbers with letters are hashed strings.
    • The things that look like programming proceedures (e.g. "add_succ") is me copy/pasting parts of proof for the proof-assistant website I linked some time ago.
    • The COVID thing was an incident I was considering bringing up but didn't. I'd much prefer not to talk about, though I guess I can mention that it's completely over now.
    (Soon-to-be-deleted-comment: [deleted comment])
    I forgot what the other stuff was about. Also for the longest time I had MTG stuff I put in here when the draft for the MTG thread got full, but I did end up posting that and deleting it from here.
    I edited out the post after a fives seconds of checking if there was anythin I could miss, in hindsight I should've saved it so as to be able to reread it.
    brb deleting drafts
    As for what I think, don't worry too much about it. It seemed obvious it was just stuff used as a notepad. And I just enjoyed how nonsensical and "random" it was.