If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Silly geographical comments (or whatever you'd call this)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You can keep some animals enclosed, but not all of them.
  • edited 2021-08-03 06:59:14
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    On the topic of animals, the Czech crocodile on the run that was last seen moving in the direction of Poland, was stopped. Kind of a pity, I might have had the pleasure. Would have brought the chicken.

----

Oh, and also:
  • edited 2021-08-05 02:28:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ohio Man, En Route To Florida, Misbehaves, Gets Duct Taped To Seat

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/04/what-led-to-passenger-being-duct-taped-to-seat-on-frontier-flight-into-miami-police-report-details-incident/

if your response is "what the flying fuck" my response is "yes"
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    The comments are pretty explanatory. Personally I don't see as much fuss as folks there, but then I might have seen a few of these on my own.
    That exposed rebar is particularly haunting after the Champlain Towers South collapse.
  • They're ugly, but man what's with some of those people who are downright offended about those balconies being within sight.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Heh heh. From today's news: in Poland floods, in Greece firestorms, in Italy heat waves, in Guinea haemorrhagic fever.
  • edited 2021-08-11 05:13:00
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DiWHY/comments/oxwhzt/one_of_the_ugliest_fire_hazards_ive_ever_seen/h7sknkq/

I feel like there's that Slavic humor feel in this comment

also i agree with the OP that this is among the uglier fire hazards i've seen
    unknown.png

In case you don't get the joke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago-style_hot_dog
  • edited 2021-08-13 03:20:58
    I remember the first time I came upon that in the wild, someone who lived under a rock in Chicago had a first-puzzled-then-outraged reaction at the notion that someone could put ketchup on a hot dog, let alone that the "archetypical" hot dog has exactly that.
    Before that I came upon it in a movie or something and thought it was a joke, because it was, because it's silly.
    Edit: Though I gotta admit Chicago-style hot dogs look delicious.
    Yep, they do.
    Meanwhile in Poland:
    Man falls from 10th floor, lands on a hornet nest, survives

Doctor administering first aid in need of assistance after being stung several times

(11th floor, if the ground floor counts as the 1st.)
    Meanwhile in Italy:
    After several days of trying, authorities finally break up illegal rave which resulted in one death
  • edited 2021-08-23 21:58:18
    [11:18 AM] [Discord username redacted]: I think not shopping at Meijer in Michigan is like rooting for Yankees in Massachusettes

@Unknown_Entity, is this true?
    Also from this article:
    The news came just five days after BBC reported that another man was arrested for flying a god in a Helium Balloon.
    Apparently it's a few months old but no one on Twitter posted any better a source yet.
  • edited 2021-09-13 18:01:22
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Meanwhile in Poland, I just learned that there's an ongoing case of four men accused of having killed a man in 2002, partially eaten him, and shared leftovers with their friends who assumed they are given venison. Apparently it started in 2017 after the police received a letter sent by then-recently deceased man who claimed to have been the fifth of the gourmands.

edit: also, "fuck Americans" is trending on twitter the entire day. I have no idea what's going on, seems to be some stupid twitter drama.
    is Twitter drama ever not stupid
    So, Trinidadian-born singer Nicki Minaj has been in the spotlight recently for claiming that her cousin's friend's testicles suffered side effects of a COVID vaccine. This prompted the health minister of Trinidad & Tobago, Terrence Deyalsingh, to note that Minaj's claim is false and that he wasted time having to determine this.

So I was just imagining the following:

"Sir, we need your help in making a public statement."
    "Why?"
    "A celebtity is claiming that someone's balls are inert in our country."
    Makes me wonder what does the cousin's friend think about the publicity.

Also, meanwhile in Poland:
    Exorcist to receive Min. Educ. funding, run child helpline

Let's hope the demon of cultural marxism can be exorcised over the phone.
  • TIL about that place in the US where murder is... well, it's not legal, but you aren't going to be prosecuted for it.
    To be honest, the probability of committing a crime worse than poaching or illegal logging is pretty low there, which is probably a factor in why nobody seems to bother to fix it.
    image0.jpg?width=596&height=805
    warning: sex

well, non-human sex. lizard sex, specifically.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/95562340
    Also agree that this appears to be two species but the top gecko does look like a garnoti
    oh gosh, they hybridize?
    Thankfully, for taxonomists, no, they are not known to hybridize, but that doesn't prevent them from attempting to mate. This is the first inter-species mating attempt I've seen photographic proof of for Hemidactylus in Florida (though I don't know what the 2 species are), but in anoles in Florida, it is very common. A. carolinensis and A. sagrei are frequently photographed attempting copulate, but no offspring has ever been recorded.
    well, non-human sex. lizard sex, specifically.

Kiiiinky!!!

Also, I just read (on a Twitter screenshot, but we're way past the Tyson line) that some six hundred thousand dollars of public money were spent on an investigation to see if the Witcher novels constitute a persecution of Christians.
    The Tyson line?
    Also known as the Tyson zone. Technically it's about celebrity behaviour, but I find it too convenient a metaphor to be so exclusive with it.