If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    he's still feeling pressure from the atmosphere
  • Ahh, it's probably nothing, I just feel I should bring it up only after I'm better informed about it.
  • edited 2021-05-30 04:43:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    gonna post these here so i don't forget it

https://fossbytes.com/best-lightweight-linux-distros/

and

incidentally the video says 512 MB RAM is enough for Lubuntu but the page above says 1 GB RAM
  • Whoo, I managed to fix the air conditioner, or at least it's been working fine for about two hours. I had to change the capacitor, actually I changed it twice since the first time it got damaged almost immediately, I don't know why, perhaps I should've adjusted it tightly or maybe it was just a dud (at the very least, it had considerably (~8%) lower capacitance than expected).
    Ahh, it's much comfortable now.
    nice!
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    How technical was that task? Was it just one capacitor to replace, or did you have first to know which identical piece of electronics was the one?
  • Nothing special, just a single capacitor, though as usual for me the biggest challenge is to muster up the courage knowing that a mistake can make everything break down.
  • One of my uncles has just died, from COVID-19 related complications.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Ouch. Condolences, man. That sucks.
  • Thank you.
    I'm bummed, about everything. No matter what I do, it never amounts to anything, problems still come up, pile up, cause damage and me and everybody around me ends up all the worse for it.
    Very sorry to hear about your uncle, and also how you feel.

I think you've done a lot of cool things that you've shown us here.
    I was trying to come up with something, but Glenn said it better.

I haven't had this happen to a family member, but I have to a person under my, so to say, supervision, and that sucked even without a family relation.
  • Thank you guys.
    There's a bit too much going on with my life right now.
  • Whoo, I managed to fix the air conditioner, or at least it's been working fine for about two hours.
    So it lasted a bit under a week, then it got damaged again. At that point I guess it could be something with the fan motor, maybe?
    Depends on the kind of damage, but it's hard to diagnose it on the Internet.
  • It's only slightly bulged, and measures 0.5 μF (down from 4.2, rated at 4). I guess that's different from the first one I changed, which ended up at 0 μF with no visible damage.
    https://www.wired.com/story/weddings-social-media-apps-photos-memories-miscarriage-problem/

Sidenote: Depending on your browser, you may be able to get it to delete your cookies after each session -- or even not set them at all. Not a perfect solution, but it can help.
  • It occurred to me that featherless velociraptors work as a modern example of things like angels becoming robed people with halos, viking helms getting horns, valkyries as beautiful women with wings, etc. in that even authors who are aware of the real thing opt to use the cooler version instead, and in the dinos' case it's not because of that's how other authors had been doing it for ages (or at least that's how it was a couple decades ago).
    Not to disagree, but I feel the gay-coded winged fella in a nightgown is not as cool as the Lovecraftian burning four-dimensional Moebius strip.

I mean, yeah, folks kinda used to reptilian-looking dinos.
    In early 2012, 21 years after the original Civilization was released, a TV Tropes user named Tunafish claimed that a bug existed in Civilization that caused Gandhi to be much more aggressive. Tunafish did not provide any proof.[3][2] In November, the same information was added to Wikia.[3] According to Sid Meier, over the next two years, the story spread across the Internet, and each time someone doubted it, a link to a wiki was used as a proof.[2]

TIL TVT responsible for nuclear Gandhi
  • There's a similar story with X-COM. The first game had a bug where the difficulty was reset to the easiest value after loading, thus the game is fairly easy regardless of difficulty, however the second game is much harder, including at the easiest difficulty. A common claim that started on TVT and spread elsewhere was that the bug is still there, but that it was made to reset to the highest difficulty instead due to feedback about the first game being too easy. That's a myth though, the bug had been fixed and the game's difficulty was an unrelated decision.
    It's past midnight and I hear distant drumming outside my window. Seems like natives are restless.
    for some reason i am oddly intrigued by this page
    https://acmecrimenet.fandom.com/wiki/Kouryou_Squadron_Crystal_Exceeds
    this is a page describing a fan-setting in which some of the characters of Absolute Duo are a super sentai team
  • My mother got her first shot of the COVID vaccine. Hopefully everything will work out before long.
    Good to hear that, for a change.
    That's heartening to know! I forget, have you been vaccinated yet?
  • Nopes, and it won't be for a while until those of us around my age without certain medical conditions (asthma doesn't count) and not medical professionals will get vaccinated.
    Stay safe!
  • edited 2021-07-04 18:25:27
    Will do. Thanks!
    I've been toying around with this new (used) graphics card I got. 4 GB is not much for 3DCG work but it's certainly useful compared to what I had. Also other stuff.
  • I got a new phone (the battery of the one I had was swelling up and a replacement is hard to get by).
    IJBM: Modern phones don't have replaceable batteries.