If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was in a classroom, with chairs attached to individual desks, and with the blinds drawn down, and there was a class about to enter. An economics teacher, a man with tan skin and a slightly oval face and short or absent hair, had brought some demonstration tools consisting of plastic water bottles and pieces thereof. He left them there, and I was very curious how he'd use them, but I wasn't actually in the class. Another student, a rather tall young adult who might be of Italian or Hispanic descent, walked in and sat down, and we started chatting. He praised this teacher's ability, but was unable to describe how these implements would be used. There was some sort of audio indication that the class was five minutes from starting, so I packed up the stuff I had been using/doing in the classroom, and went to leave.

I later walked around the school's courtyard.
    I was playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time last night, so my dream ended up being about OOT, but for some reason it involved an NPC telling me to take along party members that could help me, including someone who might be able to translate things.

Note: you can't play multiple characters in OOT.
    I was in a park, sitting at a picnic table, and a hummingbird stopped on the table. It actually hung around while I tried to photograph it, and it even tried to peck at my phone's camera, as I took some really close-up photos. As the afternoon became evening, I later also got a photo of a woodpecker that displayed itself like a peacock. It was accompanied by yellow toucans, a green toucan, and a white ibis, on a long tree branch. I remarked that they were here to pick up chicks.

Later, I needed to pick out some flooring. I needed to call the manufacturer to know that this particular type of flooring was compatible with soundproofing underlayment. I had to go to some room (or virtual room) where these were used in (literal) floor samples and had to find one named "Nehra White" or something like that, and for some reason despite its name it was actually a design that looked like smaller tiles of various colors, some white, some yellow.
    I was apparently rewatching Guilty Crown, but apparently it now involved a plot where we (as in the main characters) were students at a school, and the antagonistic government was coming to capture Inori (the one strange girl who we knew was important) and we had to try to prevent it. At some point, someone in a mech that provided long-distance surveillance helped rescue one of the characters. Also, there were some old men with pale skin in red and yellow sage-looking robes who helped us ferry away Inori, though these weren't just regular old men; at least one of them could shrink to the size of an iron-on patch and could hide in the hair of another one of them, only to get called out for this by their spiritual advisor from off screen.

This was followed by what appeared to be a deleted scene that I didn't recognize from my first watch (actually, to be honest, none of the scenes I'm describing here are ones I recognize from the show anyway lol), involving some sort of Chinese temple thing, with various statues of animals from which said old men were able to give prophecies (animated in a strangely cartoonish style).

And a few scenes later, in the show, I was going through some sort of zoo and botanical garden, through a large screened enclosure. While walking through it, another character (probably Kanon Kusama) and I were having a conversation about the changes to society, and as we exited the enclosure, she remarked something about how this reflected an abandonment of society, and I replied by saying, no, it reflected an abandonment of nature. Or something like that. I forgot the exact line; it was a better line but I forgot it.
  • That's an oddly philosophical twist for a dream.
    I've had almost no dream lately, but last night I did dream some weird thing about two people competing by pointing out the properties of some object, it was something like a hollowed-out cylinder. One would fiercely argue that, say, when it's submerged in water, water will flow within it, then the other would angrily retort that if you cut it into thin slices, the result is a lot of little rings, and so they'd try to one-up each other like that.
  • edited 2021-01-20 16:05:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I went on a huge roadtrip.

First, I went to Orlando, where I went to Disney World. Later, I went to New York City, where we tried to visit a real estate property. We also tried to visit one of my relatives who lives in New York City [note: none of my relatives live in New York City in real life] but she snubbed us because of long-running beef with my mom.

My mask came off for an extended period of time by accident sometime during my visit to Disney World, so when I got home I became very concerned that I'd caught the coronavirus.

I also started writing more of a danza for piano, in the style of Ignacio Cervantes's numerous Danzas Cubanas, that I'd started [in real life] a while ago. I finally came up with another eight bars for it. This part, amazingly, I actually managed to remember some of after I woke up.
    I watched a movie. Supposedly a family-friendly movie.

This was about a group of three friends who did heists. I think they lived in Europe.
    They were a charistmatic girl (the leader of the group), a strong guy, and a brainy guy. The movie started off with them doing a heist. Later, the brainy guy was doing something else on his own, when he made a mistake, which ended up getting him captured unexpectedly by the bad guy, who had a private plane and some flunkies. The bad guy was some uncharismatic weirdo with a bit of a mad scientist streak, and he had two females and two males as flunkies, which were spirits colored red and blue. The bad guy thought this brainy guy was interesting, and so he kept that protag on his plane for a while just chatting with him and making him uncomfortable. Eventually, after flying around the world once or so, this protag, reminding himself not to make a mistake with 3D spatial reasoning again, was able to escape when the plane landed on a street in Rome temporarily. But he was being followed, and later, when the group of friends did another heist, they also unwittingly ended up running into the bad guy's lair, where he proudly showed off the launch of his new evil plan, which involved some sort of large bumpy cube.

We were about a third- or half-way through the movie when I woke up.

Also at some point I was in Rome and happened to visit some hotel or other semi-public space where there were some stairs but they were made of some glossy dark-green stone/mineral such that even my sneakers slipped on them so I didn't want to risk going down the stairs.
    A few nights ago I had a dream where I went to visit my music theory teacher. I didn't schedule a meeting with him, despite him being a busy guy, so I ended up running into him in the basement of a building at the school were he taught. He didn't notice me until I tapped him on the shoulder, at which point he acknowledged me but brusquely told me that now that I'd graduated (from an unrelated program) I was no longer his responsibility. This is rather unlike his real-life personality, and he also looked noticeably taller than he is in real life.

The basement looked like it was painted with dark green paint, and kinda poorly lit except near the elevator, kinda like a backstage area.

And also, at some point in that same dream, I told my parents that I didn't want to move to Japan, Korea, or California. There was no context for this comment.

Last night I dreamed that I actually was visiting Japan. (This was probably the result of my reading a MAL thread where I commented that moving to Japan would probably be the most weeb thing to do.) I was gonna be staying in some sort of hostel with some sort of bed-and-breakfast feature. It was something that looked like a house with multiple floors; going in the front door, there was an open area with several tables apparently for eating food, and then there were steps leading up to the kitchen (which was visible from the eating area below), and behind and to the right of the kitchen was the access to the bedrooms upstairs. This whole first floor was seemingly slightly inadequately lit by white-blue fluorescent light tubes on what was a pretty high ceiling.

Apparently those bedrooms lacked a bathroom, so I found myself walking around a nearby street looking for a bathroom. I think I eventually found a small college campus, consisting of multiple disconnected one-story buildings, with a canal between them and the street.

Amusingly, there was nothing distinctively Japanese about any of these locations, aside from my feeling of "oh, people here also live in ways I'm familiar with". It seems to be a common pattern for me to dream that I'm in a location but have nothing in my dream that corresponds to that location in reality.

Anyway, I went into the campus looking for a bathroom. It was daytime but overcast. First, I found this one building with black granite external walls and a covered porch(?) containing some modern art or other distinctive demonstration materials. Like, I remember touching/tapping some clear but hard surface elevated above some numbers printed backwards and debossed into a metal-seeming surface beneath it. I walked further into this area and found that the men's and women's bathrooms were located on the wall of a very wide circular columnar structure, adjoining other doors that also led to bathroom-like faciilties.

I walked a little further and there was another alcove, a small courtyard-like space with some fencing and a few areas of step-like amphitheater-style seating. One of those areas had a permanent artistic covering of what looked like powdered snow on it. Nearby, some people were seated, and having a conversation. If I recall correctly, at least one of them was a middle-aged white woman, with brown hair in a ponytail. Beyond them, I could look through some glass windows into rooms that implied this probably was a performing arts department of some sort; at least one of the rooms had a grand piano.

Later, somehow, I made my way to the dormitories. These took the form of two-story structures, resembling houses on the inside. Apparently they were currently unoccupied, so I was given a tour of them, where a young lady with glasses (presumably a current student?) showed me around, and let me see a couple rooms. One of them was apparently a very large double, and something about the cubby-holes that it left for storage felt familiar. Another was a lounge area of a suite, with the lounge adjoining a downward-sloping skylight window, which one could open up and peer out to another adjoining street. She mentioned that people could clamp things onto the rain gutter that was accessible through this window.

(Note that both of the people I mentioned spoke American English.)

I remember being surprised that I wasn't wearing a mask for all of this. Apparently I'd forgotten to bring my masks or something. I suddenly felt concerned about whether I'd unwittingly contracted COVID-19.

Also, at some point, I was also wandering around town, seeing some back alleys between low-rise buildings. At another point, I was apparently taking long, floaty jumps over platforms that were floating in the aforementioned canal. It was evening by then.
    [11:26 PM] Quint Lindwurm: i had a dream last night wherein i watched a nanoha movie
    [11:27 PM] Quint Lindwurm: it was presumably Reflection, which i haven't actually watched in real life
    [11:28 PM] Quint Lindwurm: but it involved some plot that involved following these two girls who were special in some way, like they were from another world but they were on earth for some sort of mission
    [11:29 PM] Quint Lindwurm: and they were living on their own and they were portrayed sympathetically in the way that nanoha antagonists tend to be portrayed, like they had their silly moments (like getting stuck in the fridge once) and their hardships and such, and i woke up before i could see how it played out, but i knew they would be the antagonists
    [11:29 PM] Quint Lindwurm: i think they vaguely resembled Kirika and Shirabe from Symphogear, lol (but there was no character analogous to Maria)
    [11:30 PM] Quint Lindwurm: actually now that i think about it, i am pretty sure my mind basically grafted expies of Kirika and Shirabe onto my imagination of what Reflection's plot would be like
    [11:30 PM] Quint Lindwurm: at least on a very basic level based on the Nanoha style of storytelling
    [11:31 PM] Quint Lindwurm: which Symphogear takes after to some extent, tbh
    [11:31 PM] Quint Lindwurm: there were various nighttime scenes in my dream, which i think matches up with the fact that i've flipped through the Reflection artbook and seen a variety of nighttime scenes from it, despite not having watched it
    I was attending an event of some sort, I think some sort of lecture for patrons of some organization. For some reason there was a lull during a presentation, and I wanted to point out how the map that they were using was a particularly good equal-area projection that showed countries like South Africa and Russia with relatively correct sizes and shapes.

The "lecture hall" was more like a meeting foyer, with no high ceiling. There was a small stage, in front of which wooden easels had been set up to display posters. There were about 50 chairs, made of wood painted white, arranged in a seating area facing the stage. For some reason, there was no artificial stage lighting, but there was natural daylight coming from behind the audience toward the stage.
    Over the past few days I've had a few odd dreams involving family and travel.

In one dream, I went with my parents to visit my uncle in Canada, but apparently I forgot something, and so I went back home to get it. Despite the fact that the drive should have taken four hours each way, it was still daytime by the time I got back to his house. His house was a one-story house with a screened patio out back (N.B. this would be considered very strange for real-life Canada, but normal for real-life Florida), and part of it was a hallway with yellow walls and a light-colored tile flooring.

In another dream, I stayed with my parents in some sort of apartment, which I think had one big L-shaped room where the top part was the kitchen and adjoined their bedroom while the bottom part was a couch and an "entertainment center" shelf containing TV and other stuff and also a desk, and that couch (which had a velvety texture to its cloth surface) converted into a bed that I was sleeping on, except I wasn't sleeping, I was keeping the lights on in this bottom part of the "L" because I was trying to make some use of what looked like a giant 8mm video cassette cartridge.
    There was one dream a few days ago where I was in some sort of video-game like situation, but in-person in full 3D, where I think I had to ride a train and defend it from something. It went through some tunnel. I've forgotten most of it.

Last night I had a dream involving me renting an apartment that consisted of a small space, but 10 or 11 floors of this space in a vertical chain. I also acquired some other stuff, apparently this space -- bounded by windows on two sides, so it was in the corner of some tall building -- consisted of one room on each floor, and each room had a sink. I also had a bunch of tiny marbles. For some reason, I could flush them down one sink, and then recover them from a sink several floors below.

At some point I made some mistake, which ended up flushing them into a sink like twelve floors below, and that sink led out to a rough surface, and then I was like, crap, now all my marbles are being sanded.

Also, I later went to the bottom floor of this. There was one small bathroom-like room with a sink and mirror (with a warm-white/yellow light atop it) in one corner and presumably a toilet next to it, and that was the width of the room, roughly -- it was a bulged square shape that bulged toward the side the toilet was on. The sink was incomplete; you could see into the cabinetry and plumbing behind the sink. The floor, lined with white tile and black grout lines, was curiously designed -- it stepped down into the middle of the room, then back up to the vanity and toilet. Anyway, an older and somewhat overweight white man had entered. He sat on what was presumably the toilet, and started grilling some sausages or bacon on what was supposed to be the sink. He was also telling some long story again, which I didn't really want to listen to, but which I did listen to anyway because I knew him and was willing to spend some time with him.

Later I needed to leave, which put me on some second floor walkway leading to a car parking garage. Walking down that walkway I walked past some resort amenities like a swimming pool or something.
  • edited 2021-05-29 16:39:41
    There was a whole dream sequence which I've forgotten but the end of it involved me experimenting with a coin-operated shower, as I was wondering what would happen if there were no water feeding the shower.

Apparently I had another manual shower pump with me, which was made in Ukraine.
    I was looking for information on the movie Spider-Man: Forever (which apparently in real life is just the 2002 Spider-Man movie), and I looked it up on Wikipedia, but apparently I searched for some abbreviation or something and instead I found some other unrelated page, which had a redirect to the correct page, though the redirect was cheekily worded like that scene involving J. Jonah Jameson (Peter Parker's boss) laughing at Parker's line about getting photos of Spider-Man.

When I clicked that redirect, I was instead led to some page that was definitely not the movie. In fact, it seemed like some newly-created vandalism page on Wikipedia.

Also, I'd parked my car on top of a one-story parking garage. Above it there was a no-cover parking lot. It was very dark, late at night. And I'd paid for an hour of parking. But I was starting to wonder whether I should park there. Turns out that there was some sort of brick building in front of me, which I later gradually realized was a two-story brick building with residential apartments (and a little grass between the parking lot and it). I started backing up, but it was very dark and I was very concerned I was going to hit someone. And there actually was someone walking around! Just not behind my car though. Also my brakes seemed stiff.

Anyway in a subsequent dream I dreamed about what the ramp down was like and I imagined that the ramp down just led to a curb beyond which it would have been a rather steep hill (like 45 degree incline downward), and the expectation was that someone driving off that parking lot would have to turn around there, like 180 degrees, to get into the parking garage, after which they could exit.

Sorry, you can't escape the crazy architecture in my dreams.
    This was a jumble of dreams.

There was some sort of videogame like scenario, where I was watching someone approach the final area of some game. I think he had to defeat the 9 bosses to get to that point, but after beating only 8 bosses he detoured and went and fought an optional superboss first.

The superboss was located near this sandy cave where I was hanging out, at this party at someone's house. It was a very complex house, more resembling some constructed playground. There were rope nets that people were clambering across while holding plastic red Solo cups. And there was a rope ladder up from this cave, about 15 feet high, which no one here expected this toddler to climb. After the toddler climbed it, people commented on their surprise and I followed him up the rope. I arrived at what seemed like a plastic-board treehouse with overhead daylight, in the midst of what I at first thought was a friendly conversation between two professors attending this party but then it turned into an argument where one of them said he knew a lot about plastics and the other one started challenging him to answer questions about plastics decay processes and he couldn't answer. I followed the argument into an adjoining room, a long hallway lit with yellow-white light, where there was some old carnival slot machine or somesuch.

Also there was some song that used the tune of "Code Monkey" but listed a bunch of problems in the world a la "We didn't start the fire". I remember that the lyrics "Code Monkey take long walk back to" were replaced by "and then there were climate change, global war,...".
    I entered myself into an athletics contest on a whim. It was something that involved running through an obstacle course. I remembered feeling concerned that it would involve dueling the other contestants. It was a show; unlike some obstacle-course shows I've seen, the environments were indoors, and mostly brown (think the color scheme of a wooden chicken coop), and involved more horizontal movement, sorta like parkour running, rather than climbing over things.

When I was ready, I tucked my shirt in (thinking it might involve combat), and walked toward the arena. I almost missed my appointment because I got stuck behind a ticket counter for the audience before the doors opened for another unrelated show.

When I arrived, it was during the tryouts, and I actually ran into another contestant, a muscular man, with dark-ish skin and an oval face. He was quite jovial and friendly, and emphasized that the contestants were all friends.

I thought I was out of shape, but but apparently I overtook him while racing down a few straightaways on narrow planks, by jumping over corners.

At one point we both got stuck at the end of one of the courses, at some large circular thing, and we were both trying to figure out how to open it. I got it open first and it opened up a long dark shaft with some light at the end, which I promptly jumped down.
  • edited 2021-06-12 22:15:48
    I looked out in the distance and there was a HUGE tornado. Like, really really wide.
    Eventually, it approached us, and it was some odd combination of being really high winds and being a nearly still and slow-moving procession of...red Kentucky derby medal straps, as I saw it up close.

I regretted not being on a higher floor where I could take one for myself.
    A king arrived at place. The people who lived in that place prepared a formal gathering, in anticipation of his arrival.

After he was welcomed, something like following exchange happened:

"What brings you to visit us, king?"

"I have come to take control of this land, as it is part of our country."

"But this land is not yours for the claiming."

"Oh, but it is. Our country has a historical claim, based on..." and then the king proceeded to describe the justification and the documentation supporting his claim.

The response?

"Fuck off."

And that was the start of a war.
    On this morning, my mom convinced me to go to church with her. So I went, and I was responsible for bringing this week's collection box. See, at this church, every week, they use a different collection box for collecting donations. This week it was some yellow-white box with some special decorations, made of paper. So I went to the church, which was apparently small cathedral-like building just next door to the first-floor brick apartment where we live, both of which are part of a nice walkable brick-paved plaza. (This was probably inspired by the brick pavers outside of Kresge Auditorium at MIT.)

But, as people were getting seated and as I was walking through the auditorium to the place where I needed to go, I dropped the collection box. Somewhere in the pews. I ran around the pews, frantically through crowds of people as they were getting seated, trying to find it. I couldn't find it. At some point, I was told that I should just go back home and make a replacement. So I went to our patio, which I could just walk up to from the outside, and I had some metal frame shelving where I'd put some books, and I picked out two dark green paper/book holders (i'm not sure how to describe this but they're the kind that are kinda box-like but open at a diagonal) and I stuck them together in some way that caused them to have a little slit open and ran back to the church late to the mass.

Apparently it worked out right and they liked the new box.

The interior of the church was apparently circular, despite the cathedral-like appearance on the outside. The pews were brown wood, neither black nor white, but the ends of the pews were painted white. The walls were yellow-white, and the carpet was also yellow/golden, with warm lighting. Surrounding this auditorium was a hallway that led to various other rooms such as offices as well as a baptismal chamber which looked more like a fancy high-ceiling communal shower.
    Among various other dreams, I dreamed that I met a man operating a foodservice bicycle, as part of what might be a TV news article about this phenomenon. This man, a slightly-portly middle-aged British man with light skin, was serving as a policeman in a city in India, and he showed us his badge and ID, which were clipped to his shirt pocket, but the main focus of the story was the fact that, since he patrolled on bike, he attached a serving tray to the front of it and had a food storage box at the back of his bike; he would serve people tea, apparently.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Fuck, I had a dream about being attacked by a zombie gondola. Not the boat kind, the meme kind. Almost bit me before I woke. Not gonna lie, it was scary.
    A sequel to a dream that ...apparently I'd never dreamed before, or at least never wrote up here before.

There was a story about a person, who lived alone in the desert. Or, rather, he lived alone, in some old ruins in the desert.

These were very vertical ruins of some sort, and if he climbed to the top, a shaft with relatively narrow walls filled with polished red stone (sandstone?) walls into which a variety of ancient writing, in an unknown script, was carved.

He had forgotten why he was there, because he'd been there so long.

In this sequel, he climbed to the top of this structure, which was buried in the desert, and saw daylight, or more daylight than usual, or something like that. There was a window, which he was able to open. It seemed a sandstorm had subsided, so he opened it, and peeked and then climbed outside.

As he walked, he saw the unmoving bodies of large tanks with bluish metal plating, strewn about. They bore some Nazi-like insignia.

As he rounded a hill of sand near the ruins, he saw more ruins of war machines. A huge variety of them. He began to remember... he was a soldier in this war. He remembered that his side of the war was able to use these huge aircraft that to us look vaguely like circular conical look of jet engines but were capable of low-speed air travel.

He began to remember how this war ended. His side had a technological advantage with these aircraft, and he himself served in one. But eventually, the other side built a superweapon. As he kept walking he remembered vividly how the other side built this cannon, and led by this scientist whose name started with A (I wanna say "Astraeus" or something; this person/character is a woman), who led a specially-trained young lady (by the name of "Velona" or something) to operate this cannon, they used it to shoot down the flagship/mothership on his side of the war.

----

Separately, there was some sort of dream involving people making fun of how some port-o-potties got abandoned, and people started talking about how you had the political windbags in town, you had the celebrity gossip in town, and now you just needed the shitposts.
    I was one of the many extras in a play, playing participants at a banquet. We were seated in the cafeteria, pretending to be feasting, though we had real food. At some point, the people around me and I decided that the cafeteria table was too awkwardly high and we just moved the table aside and substituted a more standard folding table in its place and sat there.

The cafeteria was a two-story-tall room, in a roughly reverse L shape (like three squares placed next to each other and adjoined). It had windows out to the hallways but only dim, yellow-white recessed lighting from the ceiling. Or, only those were in use for this scene.

Then a girl (whose name is a real-life name I know from high school; let's call her LB here) to my left and across the table, over on the part that was still cafeteria long tables, commented something about the play, maybe that it was being poorly acted or something, but some more general comment. I forgot the wording. So I responded by saying "All the world's a stage." Apparently this comment, when interpreted as a reply to someone three seats over to my right, whom I didn't even hear, turned out to be very offensive, and I got in big trouble.

The scene ended and I was taken aside by one of the admins for questioning. I stated that I had not heard the person over to the right say what he/she said, and stated that my comment was only in response to LB's comment. The admin said that I had no proof and was just asking her to take my word for it.

But then the admin questioned me about another incident that happened years prior. I described how I'd gotten into an altercation with this one boy, while sitting at the southwest end of the room, and while there was lighting from outside the lights in the cafeteria were off at the time despite it being very full with people. The admin was impressed by my photographic memory.
  • turned out to be very offensive
    Someone is sensible about being called a character.
    There's some stuff I've had in my draft for ages that I was supposed to fill in the details at some point but never did. Judging from the spelling I probably wrote it from my phone right after waking up:
    We were in an appartment building, there's this open wi-fi whose owner had been complained someone had been using for too long. As the dream progressed more neighbors join in, further complained that the user had been using the network to look up unsavory material. I become incrrasingly deaf and perhaps mute, as I have a hard time making myself heard. At some point a girl takes my phone and says some stuff I can't hear. Both her and another guy talk incessantly and wouldn't stop even if I try to get their attention in audible ways. At some point cops get involved, one of whom gets killed in mysterious circumstances, thus involving even more cops, who become abusive. I then can't find my phone, the girl who took it probably still has it.

I was playing a MMO very much like WoW. A new friend invites me to a raid (Tibalt, a MtG cyaracter) along with his guild. It's underway but I'm late, I'm in the town (looked like tye inside of a black tower with lava flowing down) making final preparations sitting close to a bunch of people, two of which are bullies doing some sort of hand-strength game, they take opportunities to mess with the food I'm trying to pack, they get increasingly annoying and after a while one even tries to throw me at a bunch of electrified tubes, I had enough so we fight and I kill him (in-game kill so he can just respawn), it's surprising that I managed to with a weaker character, nonetheless people in the town are alarmed about the fact that I killed someone, I pay little attention to it and leave for the raid, but there's an emergency irl that I have to attend (I don't remember what it was, maybe it was from much earlier in the dream). At one point a mutual friend comes and tells me the incident has turned into an all-out witch hunt, including people petitioning for the US government to repeal some legislation in favour of Venezuelan immigrants there. I don't pay much attention to any of that, but I'm concerned about what the friend's guild members think about it.
  • edited 2021-09-04 18:14:39
    I had a variety of odd dream content last night.

One of the dreams involved me being at home, living in a two-story condominium unit. It was a backwards-L-shaped unit, with tile flooring in the part of the unit around the vertex of the angle. The walls were yellowish, and the warm-white lighting accentuated this. I was asking my mom whether I should take a shower in the downstairs shower stall, so that I wouldn't have to wipe down the one upstairs. Also, I'd scraped my upper arm on the underside, not enough to draw blood but enough to make it bleed blood plasma, which was drying up on my white shirt and making a yellow spot, which I noticed and then went to clean up.

At another point, I was watching some political wingnut trying to set up some table booths in the middle of a street. The street was kinda slopey, sorta curling upward in a clockwise direction, a bridge structure over something else (the tops of some trees could be seen over the railing on the right).

At a third point, I was messing with a Pokémon game, but it was in 3D and I was able to act inside the game. There was this one gymleader, and his gym was actually a shopping mall or something like that. It's a building with a big grand interior, the first floor where much of the lighting points opens up to a very high ceiling, and there's a staircase to the right of it, in darker blue shades (it's unclear whether it's the lighting that makes it blue, but I guess it's more like the stuff is colored blue in the game to indicate that it's not as well-lit). At first, I'd entered it, then gone up to my room on the second floor (apparently I had a bedroom here), and then I found out that I'd missed a chance to get an item from a quick-time event. So I went back and replayed this segment, and turns out that I could follow the gymleader up the stairs to his room, and get an item from him. I did, and then I realized that his room was just to the left of mine, on this balcony-like hallway that the stairs led up to, all the way at the top of the building. Attempting to fight said gymleader immediately afterwards produced his message that the gym is currently closed.
  • edited 2021-09-08 13:10:26
    I had a more extensive description of this dream but I can't remember it anymore.

I was on the MIT campus and started out in building 14 and apparently went northeast, through the brisk cold late-fall air. Building 14's hallways were smaller and had lighter floors than I remember from real life, though I'm not sure to what extent I'm confusing this with a previous dream where the music department was housed there.

I was making my way to the office that handled immunization records. I remembered how it was a chaotic scene in small office at the right side near the end of a hallway with yellowish floors/walls, when like five students were all packed in one room filling out their records. This wouldn't fly today, of course, because of COVID-19. [Note: this never happened in real life since records are submitted far earlier.]

Apparently I went northeast but then realized that I needed to go to like building 5 or so because I then changed course and went west instead.

Anyway, I was winding my way around obstacles in the most straight-line path I could take. This was a tradition of mine, where I see anywhere that's grass or concrete (and not blocked by a fence) as walkable and will weave tight corners around them to minimize my travel distance, but this time I found myself weaving between bushes even more so than usual. And the outdoor grounds had more bushes than usual, and had less level ground than usual.

At another point, I used an Athena computer, but apparently forgot to sign off and walked away. After turning a corner to my right and walking several meters, I realized I forgot to sign off, and started walking back, but I started knocking on the wall to my left as I did so, and apparently a professor (from another institution) from my committee whom I haven't spoken to in several months was in one of those offices and he came out and said hi so I got sidetracked and started talking to him.
    I had one dream that involved 100% Orange Juice. I dreamed of a new mechanic that involved hovering above the board, avoiding any players on the board and also the effects of any panels. This was part of a larger set of mechanics involving units moving around above and below the board. And then I also dreamed of a high-defense

Separately, I had a dream about another scenario. A friend of mine, with whom I had done urban exploration before back when we were in college [OOD note: no name given and I don't recognize who this character even is], was telling me that we should go and do some exploring. It was nighttime, and we were in a parking lot lit by some streetlamps, covered in a few inches of snow, but it wasn't snowing. I was trying to decline him, and he responded by saying that it's a rare opportunity that we get to do this in Orlando [OOD note: snow basically never falls in Orlando, let alone accumulates], but eventually I turned him down.

I walked down some path, literally downward as there steps flanked by snow-covered garden beds gradually leading downward to a place with a vertical wall and a bend to the right. Apparently I met up with my parents there.

We then walked around the grounds outside this a building, through the snow. This was a brick building, with overhangs covering walkways, not that that mattered since it wasn't snowing. At some point we passed a someone walking a dog. (Like my friend earlier, everyone in this scene is wearing winter clothing, as it's cold.) It was some small-ish dog breed, probably a corgi.

Then, after a while of walking around this building, it seems we ran across some crime scene. The dog turned a corner and then immediately bolted back, jumping at me and then running between my legs. When we all turned the corner there was some sort of sign of a crime around the corner, but I don't remember what it was besides it looking roughly like some sort of square containing two dark bands on the side and a lighter-colored rectangle in the middle.
  • edited 2021-09-16 19:00:28
    I visited the home of my former piano teacher, which was an apartment somewhere but apparently it may have spanned multiple floors and even had an internal and rather sizable and rectangular stairwell, with off-yellow marble walls and golden railings. At least, there was a room behind me to my left as I looked out to the stairwell, with some musical instruments, and then her apartment was on the right ahead of me.

Apparently I was part of a gathering that included various members of her family. We were gathered in her living room, and for whatever reason, I sat at the piano and played for them. I played Chopin's first nocturne, the Nocturne in B-flat minor Op. 9 #1, but for some reason I forgot how it went and then basically improvised various parts, swapping the order of appearance of sections and themes. (Of course, she noticed.)
  • edited 2021-09-22 15:06:52
    I had one dream that involved at some point someone's photo of a platform at the Kennedy Space Center (which appeared in another dream of mine I think and might not exist in real life), and also me wanting to look out the window at a certain door to the patio from the next room over while my mom opened it to clean it.

My other dream was that I had a vertically-opening plastic ring-bound book containing all the displays, puzzles, and solutions from the 2015 Mystery Hunt.

The book had roughly square pages, and it was organized such that:
    * there was a continuous set of pages showing , likely the reason the book was vertically printed.
    * this actually broke off right at , and then began giving individual puzzle commentary, then resumed that first feature later in the book.
    * the had their own dedicated section at the end, arranged in two columns, highlight the appearance of each fish in two big columns and referencing where each fish appeared on the corresponding map page. I was thinking of going back and solving the ones I hadn't solved.

There were also some spoilers for puzzles I don't think existed in the real 2015 Mystery Hunt.
    More strange landforms.

I had apparently driven up a mountain in California at some point, following my parents, following a long "white route", and then I went back down a much shorter "red route" which consisted of a road with an 80-degree grade. Yes, a near-vertical drop that somehow was a road that people used. And yet at the same time in my head was a phrase that went something like "California mountain roads are really windy".

Later, I got off a car in search of a certain route, the "black route", that I apparently might be able to traverse on foot. Apparently I was very unprepared since I wasn't wearing shoes.