If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Videogame Music thread.

14567810»

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

• Bloody Tears gets so much attention that we all forgot that this song is killer, too:

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    In today's installment of "games I am now interested solely because of the soundtrack":

• edited 2020-08-07 02:35:03
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I picked up this game's soundtrack by accident one day, and it turns out to be surprisingly great.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    I got my backer key for Petal Crash a week ago, and found out the devs slipped in a character from their previous game as an unlockable character, with a remix of his theme from that game.

Despite knowing nothing about Grapple Force Rena, he... might already be my favorite character in this game? I like his music a lot.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    TF2's "Rocket Jump Waltz" isn't actually a waltz.
  • edited 2020-12-08 07:24:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Picked up Zack Parrish's entire discography off Bandcamp recently, and amusingly I ended up picking up the soundtracks for a bunch of Sakura series games as part of it.

https://zackparrish.bandcamp.com/music

FYI, that is a series of games/VNs, probably best known for their anime girl fanservice and elements along those lines (though actually made by a western dev, despite its name and content). I used to gripe about running into this series repeatedly when looking for other stuff, but that was years ago by this point in time.

I actually picked up this discography primarily for the soundtracks to Valdis Story, which is a dark fantasy metroidvania with brawler combat -- and excellent music, of course.

Right now I'm listening to his Solo Piano Collection and he definitely strikes me as a skilled pianist with classical training.

Meanwhile, I'm also trying to sort everything. I'd been having to research whether each game was an actual released game because for whatever reason I've decided that individual games should get their own folders while a composer's not-attached-to-another-work music go in their own folder, but then I just found out that for another composer, I've just dumped their entire discography into their own folder anyway, including games that I wouldn't know well anyway. oops
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I barely know what the game is about, what I know doesn't seem to fit the tune 1:1, but this is some good cover.