If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    doing something while falling asleep can have some interesting effects involving connecting things that you wouldn't otherwise think to connect

for example i just thought about how to incorporate a ramp into a passage of text

like, a literal ramp

so the words at the top are at the narrow end of the ramp
    and the words at the bottom are at the thick end of the ramp
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    You sound like Jackson from The Rookie right now when he got allergy high.

It seems no clip of this exists on the internet so I'll make one later.
  • edited 2020-09-30 17:45:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I say to people, they need drugs to get high, I don't, I just stay up late. I think of some odd things, and I laugh uproariously to YouTube Poop.
  • For some reason I don't remember having had those nebulous nonsense thought while falling asleep until some years ago, like only at some point in life did I start becoming half-awake.
    Also IJBM: (at least for me) those thoughts fade from memory in record time, a matter of seconds.
    Also IJBM: (at least for me) those thoughts fade from memory in record time, a matter of seconds.
    Oh gosh so much this

I hate it when I can't remember a really cool design I had in a dream
    I was apparently exploring tunnels, like Google's list of the world's tallest tunnels, and one by one they all revealed themselves to be these dirt tunnels that came out high up the side of some mountain ridge, sometimes snow-covered, sometimes tree-covered, sometimes grass-covered, but I found myself next to the top ridge of some mountain and looking down at vast areas of scenery. These were dangerously high up, and at one point I overlooked a dam of some sort, around which people were swimming and fishing.

Apparently I checked out like a thousand or ten thousand of these and I needed to go back to the first one which was where my group was, but it would take too long. So, after feeling lost and very distant from where I needed to be, I somehow resolved to reset it.

Later I was at home, in a house I used to live in, and found my parents were moving the furniture around. This house had a bedroom at the back of the house, on the second floor, though in real life it just was a regular bedroom, with white walls. I instead dreamed it had yellow walls, on which my mom had posted some of my really silly-looking artwork from when I was a kid, and there was also a bathroom attached to it.

Later, I was in some noir-ish movie scene, on a dark city street in front of some restaurant, and there was some sort of fight going on. I went through the restaurant and out the back, which led to another street, and apparently someone wanted to dispose of a tuba case containing two bodies.

Later, I found myself indoors, on the first floor of a modern emergency exit stairwell, with painted steel stairs. I was having to explain the multiple meanings of the word "republican", which was used in a pun of some sort in the title of a Law & Order subseries.

Then, I was redownloading a game that was basically a Mega Man game just by a different name. Once it finished redownloading, I picked the flame wizard boss or something. The level was sort of a pain, because I had to dodge a bunch of "Dracula heads" all shooting bats at me, at the beginning. My skills at it had gotten rusty. Also it had some third-person 3D elements too.
    I was some sort of international "fixer", and I had been hired by the Indonesian government to get a rogue state governor in line. I was on a plane, looking out the window down at the state. The area we were flying over had lots of red clay pyramids that spanned half a kilometer each, and I was told that this was some unique agricultural endeavor.

So I got off the plane and went off to do recon on the governor's son. He was hanging out at a country club where a large crowd had gathered. He was standing off to the side with his friends, and they were discussing how they'd managed to get into some fancy finance school even though they didn't have the grades for it.

Even though I definitely hadn't been recording the conversation when it started, I had gotten it all on tape, and so I decided I'd use it as leverage against the governor.

Aaaand then I woke up.
    on which my mom had posted some of my really silly-looking artwork from when I was a kid, and there was also a bathroom attached to it.

I have the sudden urge to put on my best Freud voice and ask; "Tell me more about your childhood!"
    I heard a cricket in my room and later discovered that a large praying mantis and a small cricket had gotten into my room, and so I caught them and apparently I also caught a very colorful and large grasshopper. So eventually for some reason I put them in a black plastic tube with some water and was preparing to go downstairs to let them out but apparenty I forgot to bring my ID card and my key with me, and I had to put my ID card on my lanyard, and then I realized I hadn't gotten dressed.
  • It's a bit awkward, but...
    fourteenwings was at my home playing MtG, dunno if it was MTGA or paper. He was playing draft* and had drafted a green-black deck, however wings' opponents were out for blood trying to beat him out of the draft due to his political opinions, so I had to... it was either coach him into winning the games or win the games using his deck. Things went smoothly until near the end when his opponents got tough, and then the dream stopped before I knew how it ended.
    *. For those of you who don't follow it, it's when the players pick cards from just-opened packs then build decks and play with these cards.
    This is hilarious!

Nice to now I was the star of my own MtG-esque manga for even a teeny bit.
    then the dream stopped before I knew how it ended.

Aww.
    Someone was telling me about how when he worked on a ship he had to bail out his bedroom once a month when the rains got heavy.

Also, someone else on a boat remarked that the best thing about working on an oil rig is that you can tune out your bosses. He continued his anecdote saying that he set his phone to ignore the signal until he got to the work site.
    I was trying to rig some vRoid models in Blender and whenever I turned on the physics (exactly like it works in PMXEditor) all the limbs would float upwards and spin around in a circle.

I tried to figure out what I was doing wrong, mostly by skimming through DeviantArt tutorials on an account that was also promoting fancy face masks that you could only mail order or some other elitist thing.

Then the models were in my hands on like, puppet strings, and the strings were all tied to each other. They were about the size of a Barbie doll, and I was concerned that I had stretched the joints too far and I couldn't figure out how to undo the knots.
    I was either watching or in a 3DCG anime series. It was a battle action anime and the premise was that there were seven main characters who had a smorgashbord of powers and abilities using various methods. The first part of the series was all the main characters gathering together.

The episode I was watching followed a pair of sisters and their devious mother. The blonde sister wore white clothing and the brunette sister wore black clothing, so it was obvious who was who. Their mother was trying to convince them to steal a giant tower-like gun called a World Key and prevent the heroes who had already gathered from completing their goal.

Instead, her blonde daughter ran away the night before they were set to find the World Key. She took it to the place where they were supposed to set them down and completed the process. As soon as she did, her mother and other sister showed up. The brunette sister had "awakened" to her power and was about to stop the World Key from fully installing when it activated.

When it did, it covered the the blonde sister in a bright light and she floated up into the sky. She came down having "awakened" in an angel-themed outfit with a giant bow.

At that point I realized that she had gone off screen because this was a 3DCG anime and they didn't animate the sequence, and also that the blonde sister was Hana from Aikatsu Planet!

Most importantly, the whole show was scored in vocal EDM tracks which were really cool and I've forgotten them all now.
    I had several dreams lately;

A weird one was when the candidates of the 2020 Democratic Primary were in some sort of horror movie where a monster stalked them through the White House. At one point, somebody (can't remember who) told Pete Buttigieg that Elizabeth Warren was being attacked and that they should go help her.

Instead, Pete Buttigieg got this look on his face that I can't really describe and turned in the opposite direction, closing the door behind him.

Lest you think I believe I have the moral high ground over Pete Buttigieg; in another dream I (me) was with a few friends when we found a roll of bills. It wasn't like... a lot, but it was quite the hefty amount.

It turned out that the money was stolen, and that a whole community of Somali pirates (but on land) really really wanted their stolen money back. My friend and I ran out of the forest area where we'd found the money only to run into a group of pirates head on somewhere near a busy highway.

Somehow, I knew that even if we gave them the money they would kill us, so I tossed the money away and made a false start in one direction so my friend made a break in that direction.

Instead, I fell back into an area of the woods.

The last thing I remember was one of the Somali pirates headbutting my friend.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I dreamt I was kidnapped and molested by a black metal musician. His wife/girlfriend was possibly even crazier, and she had a gun too. I pushed the guy into a river when he took us victims for a bath (it even began with a little camp-prisoners-morning-address speech). He couldn't swim.

Then, I was taking part in some sort of moving out or whatever, and I had to sort through assorted junk to see if there's anything worthy of keeping. But hey, I got a nice big philly cheesesteak sandwich for it.

Then I received an invitation to some sort of gala. Turned out my high school buddy was officially admitted into a cult or some such. Oddly (but rather typically for dream logic), I got the invitation from another buddy who had no reason to know anyone from my high school or join a community like that cult implicitly was, but he had all the reason to go to galas of that kind. I'm guessing my subconscious began the story with the second (inviting) buddy, then reshaped the dream at the first hint it kinda suited the high school buddy better. Everyone was suited up, only me not (a high society equivalent of dreaming of being publicly naked?), although my garb was still better than everyday wear. Spent most of the waiting time in a cafe and the dream changed before the gala began. Also, there was like all of my high school class, I didn't even know I remember them.

Then I was in a movie (got there from the cafe). It's rather common, really, me dreaming of, like, watching a film or a video game from within rather than through a screen. I guess my subconscious isn't that meta. It was some sort of horror-comedy, with My Little Pony and dragon myths alike were a half-remembered cultural memory of a time when mankind was subject to the whims of huge flying technicolor ponies, who return to once again take over the world after millennia of absence. Anyways, it ended in one of these amusing scenes of Young Future Famous People with some Lucas or Spielberg apparently being inspired by this to go into filmmaking. Then I started philosophizing and woke up, and figured I should write it all down before I forgot.
    I dreamt I was kidnapped and molested by a black metal musician.

Oh wow this sure makes this awkward.
    a high society equivalent of dreaming of being publicly naked?

I think this might be a common feature of dreams to some degree in it's own regard but since it's not too extreme there's little incentive in people making it a thing.
    cultural memory of a time when mankind was subject to the whims of huge flying technicolor ponies

Best metaphor for the end of the Brony era I've ever heard.
    Meanwhile, in the past few days, I dreamed of...
    * traveling...somewhere. I forget where, but it involved maps.
    * being in a hotel which had a very distinctive bathtub, the bathtub was molded to have spaces shaped to accommodate human limbs but for some reason around the waist area there was a moveable bridge. I did not try out this bathtub.
    * walking past a nervously-dancing ball of fancily-dressed older people who stayed inside as something weird was going on outside.
    * coming back out from the store to the parking lot only to find that my car had disappeared.
    * interacting with some of the android characters from Beatless. I was concerned that a button I was about to press was going to get the attention, negatively, of either Kouka or Snowdrop, possibly both of them. They were already glaring at me. Eventually I pressed it and nothing happened. Meanwhile, I was complaining to myself that Methode spent the education funding I'd given her on digital piracy and rigging things to explode.
    * traversing a complex of buildings. I know I went to some secluded stairwell in order to dimension-swap to its alternate dimension version which looked like a night-and-day contrast, and when I went back out of the stairwell, I looked around for enemies and found some crazy naked people clambering over as if they wanted to bite me. The surroundings looked like rows of school lockers on the second or so floor of an open-air building with concrete floors and pillars.
    walking past a nervously-dancing ball of fancily-dressed older people who stayed inside as something weird was going on outside.

Are you sure this didn't happen in real life?
    spent the education funding I'd given her on digital piracy

This has to have happened somewhere.
    We don't have AI that advanced yet =P
    In general with humans though?
  • edited 2020-11-20 16:39:44
    I dreamt I was kidnapped and molested by a black metal musician.
    Now that you've posted this I don't have to worry about my dreams coming off as too awkward.
    I had a nostalgia episode. In MTG a deck got popular that involved some stuff causing other stuff to get cheaper, one way or another this translated to old irl classmates playing the game too that I ended up meeting for a good while. There were also protests involved somehow and we'd be outside doing stuff I don't remember that well.
    I had another dream where I had a pet octopus. MtG was involved too somehow.
  • edited 2020-11-21 17:52:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I was taking a final exam in chemistry. It was 5 questions, projected onto the screen by the teacher at the start of class. But I didn't have my calculator, and the test needed it. I actually wasn't supposed to be in that class at all. In fact, I hadn't signed up for it. I was just sitting in there because I was in the class before it, and I tended to run late with wrapping up stuff after class. So I ended up picking up the exam and doing it. I didn't actually have a seat in class so I was self-conscious about it the whole time. I shifted seats a few times, and eventually I went up to the teacher and thanked her for her teaching and then went back to a seat, and tried to continue doing the exam. But the projection wasn't up anymore, and while I figured I could headmath and handmath the calculations, now I didn't even have the problems to copy down anymore, so I was screwed. I went up to the teacher, who berated me by saying that I was giving up 2600 points as punishment, and I had to explain I wasn't actually in the class in the first place.

I have no idea.

FYI the tables were black lab-classroom tables, seating two people to a table. But other students were seated in all sorts of chaotic ways, and some were even collaborating on the test. The lighting in the classroom was still dimmed, from when the projection was up. I think the teacher had a light that shone upward at the ceiling.

The projection screen was a pull-down white screen; behind it was a black chalkboard. The floors were 90s linoleum/vinyl-coated tile. The door exiting the classroom was at the front left, to the teacher's right. There were no windows in this classroom.
    I walked around the edge of a pond, and was able to catch a large, peach-colored salamander by hand. I tried to photograph it, but then several kittens approached me all trying to catch the salamander too and I had to shoo them off.

Meanwhile, I had also been working on a set of math problems for class. I spent way too long on this one challenge problem which was to write up a 4x4 magic square that also worked like a sudoku in some ways. I came up with a solution for it, I think, but as I was doing the calculations, I fell asleep. Next thing I knew I was trying to finish it in class. I could just email it by 5pm. But I didn't finish it in class, and later I also missed the 5pm deadline.
    I observed a giant burrowing worm try to capture a wolf. The wolf was able to break out of the burrow, however. This was a documentary, which showed that things had escalated later on, with the giant worm building a structure out of red and white milk cartons and wood pallets, and the wolf taking a blowtorch to the worm's nest to reopen it.

I saw someone with whom I had an appointment and he said we should reschedule anyway. Then I had to wade a throng of people all gathered inside this one building and unfortunately I didn't have a mask.
    There was this guy and girl team, they weren't exactly superheroes but they were the protagonists of this dream.

The girl looked like Lucy Hale, and her power was something like predicting the future in some obtuse way. The boy had the power to turn himself into a sphere of particles that were sort of like magnetic ash, so they created lots of geometric shapes as they moved around.

Both were also able to jump great heights and move at PreCure type speeds midair.

So the premise was that they'd witnessed some sort of crime or infraction, and so wanted to report it to an involved party. This man lived in an unkempt, dusty old school at the edge of the city that used to be a school. It was draped in the flags of an old revolution (don't ask me what).

As soon as they entered the ten-foot-tall walls guarding the place, they both jumped on to the top of a container to survey the area considering how easy it was to get in and the fact that nobody else appeared to be there. The girl suggested taking down some of the flags, but the boy seemed scared of the idea, as if the flags represented something political he didn't want to mess with.

The man then entered the space, and he was the typical creeper in a large black overcoat and black fedora with skin the color of bleached ivory. They told him what they'd seen, but he didn't seem to believe that they hadn't been involved or that they weren't trying to use this to some advantage.

First of all, he set one of his lackeys on them -possibly the one that looked like my vRoid Lady Star- to fight them off. I don't remember much about this part, but I do remember that the majority of it was the boy trying to fight off and match this lackey's speed.

After this lackey had failed, he set another lackey on them, a guy with skin that was really green, who had the power to shoot sonic beams out of his mouth as ear-wrenching screams. The girl was able to accurately predict where he was as they fought and what direction he would scream in, but then she was too late one time and he fired off a really loud scream.

It was so loud that his mouth opened wide enough to reveal a second mouth underneath.

Somehow the boy and girl escaped this barrage, but they had to split up once they got near the city center. The dream then followed the boy fighting off my vRoid Lady Star, who had a similar powerset to his, except she could turn into large translucent pink crystals.

Eventually he escaped her, only to find that the girl had been encased in concrete by Lady Star (even though he'd been fighting her that whole time and so she couldn't have had time to do it). When he fished her out, he found that she looked completely different. She now had swarthy tan skin and pink ponytails with large bangs. Even so, he believed it was her.

So as they ran across the bridge out of the city, he saw another girl who looked exactly like how the girl looked now, but she was actually the real girl. The girl he'd rescued from the concrete was Lady Star all along!

Then I woke up.
    I went to this place where I used to work, a retail store. Except now they seemed to be some specialty Amazon store, where you could only look at the stuff on shelves behind glass cases and order online.

I joined a line for special orders, and right in front of me was a guy I knew from high school and university. He wasn't my friend or anything, but we just ended up going to all the same schools.

I noticed that the man taking orders in the small makeshift box-office was my old boss, but I didn't pay it much attention.

The guy in front of me asked what I was ordering, and I told him. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember him then turning to my old boss and telling him he was collecting that same item too. I was slightly concerned but non-plussed, and I was distracted for a moment.

In that moment, the guy had pulled out a gun and was shooting all over the place. I quickly used my knowledge of the layout to exit the store with a few people following closely behind.

There was a girl who kept screaming "There is an active shooter situation!" but I wasn't paying much attention, I just ran in an arc across the road and then back to the block my old workplace was on so I could get to my car and go home, but somehow the police had already arrived.

One of the officers took me by the hand and led me back to get a statement, but then decided that I should show him exactly what I knew. So we went past my car and I described the shooter to him. Despite not taking a close look at his clothing beforehand, I told the police officer he was wearing camouflage pants and his exact height, as well as the area where I remembered him living.

So we rounded the block, past this area with a couple of hotels and office buildings, and ended up in a "commune" type area.

It was a combination of loosely placed together trees, small homes, large crop allotments and caravans. The ground was covered in autumn leaves, and there were almost no paths anywhere so we just had to walk all over.

We met this woman who seemed like she had a developmental disability, but she answered a lot of our questions about the guy. Everybody else seemed very wary of outsiders so it was probably our best shot.

Anyways, we learned that he'd holed himself up in a whole different place across the city.

For some reason the cop disappeared at this point and I was with the girl who had been screaming about the active shooter situation instead, as well as two other people -a boy and a girl- to round out our party.

We were at a large white mansion, and we'd somehow arrived before the guy. He'd gotten a punk-rock esque makeover and gained a female partner who was sort of a green/black themed villain type with giant fuzzy twintails.

Regardless of all of this, it was quickly decided with no words that only he and I would fight. He had a large rifle and I had a simple handgun, but mainly we just flew across the house as bullets flew past us.

Eventually, the fight was pushed into the hypermassive courtyard, where there was a maze in white concrete. We fought across the square perimeter of the building, and at some point I switched my gun for a long steel beam.

I jumped from the maze wall to the actual brick fence of the building and the camera shifted in that direction as the guy shot at me, but then I surprised him by appearing off camera, behind him, and striking his forearm.

I felt like I'd won, but I woke up before I could truly find out.

One thing I can't remember properly is if I felt bad about not warning about the active shooter in the store in the dream or once I woke up. I don't know why it'd be important but it's yet another detail I guess.

I also thought that it was a more interesting show than a bunch of actual crime procedural TV shows I've watched lately.
  • edited 2020-12-05 06:28:04
    I had an oddly realistic dream about watching an Ocarina of Time let's play by JohneAwesome through the Spirit Temple. The dungeon's layout was made up but it had the puzzles and little things you'd expect from a 3D Zelda game (and some Mario 64) and it was still about rescuing the girl whatshername from Twinrova (except already fused).
    In the end Johne does some thing to hit Twinrova during a cutscene, thus bugging them/it out, it becomes a normal enemy and starts attacking Link, first with some unique attack pattern that fits them (shooting beam attacks) then with the same pattern the lizard enemies use in the actual game.
    Then the garbage truck came into the dream and I woke up so that I could go ask what they wanted.
    Edit: Maan, my diction is even worse than I thought after waking up in the middle of the night.
    I found out that my favorite local Italian restaurant (in real life) had closed down, and the building it was in had been taken over. I didn't know who took it over so I went there to find out. The building had been renovated to something like shiny new office/conference/meeting space.

I asked around and found out that GOG had taken over it. I was very confused: why would GOG, a Polish video game company, buy out and renovate the building of an Italian restaurant in the United States?

At first the building was kinda empty, but as the afternoon progressed, more people started showing up, mainly young adult professionals. One of them explained that the deal had been in the making for years, as the restaurant had been losing money, and needed to find a buyer.

I ended up walking into a meeting space that was being used as some sort of professional development classroom. I actually ran into some people I recognized, but couldn't figure out the names of, before the class started and I had to leave.
  • I read that to the very end and I didn't suspect I was reading the dreams thread until I scrolled up.
    Ditto.
    buy out and renovate the building of an Italian restaurant in the United States?

I'm really surprised things didn't take a super-conspiratorial turn at this point.