If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This heat is killing me figuratively

its too damn hot

would it kill you to send us some rain God?

Comments

• It hasn't rained here in ages either, even during rainy season it rained like once or twice.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It's rained like every day here, for the past few days.

Probably because Arthur passed by us.
  • I just pictured a giant Arthur walking right by you
  • You mean King Arthur? Because that's who I pictured (normal-sized).
  • No I mean the aardvark
    Ultimatum wrote: »
    No I mean the aardvark
    That's a more fun mental picture.

I meant the tropical storm, actually. But yeah.
  • when the storm landed it's Arthur's big hit
  • Good thing about this heat is less grass mowing
  • edited 2020-11-17 05:44:47
    There's been downpours on a nearly daily basis for a while now.
    Today it rained twice.
    Edit: it's been over (edit: nearly) four hours and thunders have only grown stronger, though I think it's starting to subside. Then again I've incorrectly thought it's started to subside thrice already. Turns out I have leaks all over the ceiling that don't come up during normal rains, they began soaking some electronics, though I don't think anything got damaged. There's a flood drain in the garden, but it got overwhelmed, the water reached the level to begin flooding the floor, though only briefly, I got under control with a rolled up shirt under the entrance and several mops.
    Edit edit: Yeah, it's been subsiding, it's nearly over now.
  • edited 2020-11-17 05:33:39
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I always look forward to when it rains excessively but it has been years and I am yet to actually pay for the fancy overpriced Hunter rainboots that I want to wear in such weather.

It's been so long that Hunter rainboots actually became cliche in the meantime.

Re:Heat it has been ridiculously hot for a month now but I keep expecting it to get worse because I have a benchmark year in mind that was just unbearable.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I keep expecting it to get worse because I have a benchmark year in mind that was just unbearable.

Yeah I think we're there now.
  • Finally it looks like it's starting to rain again. Before the one a couple days ago it was something like six months since the previous rain. Poor plants.
    I blame climate change.
  • dang this topic is still here!
    where's that one simpsons meme about "the most [x] day of your life...so far" when i need it
  • Oh wow, it's been three years, I know I'm the one who bumped the thread but I thought it had been much less time. Time files.
    Also, the sky broke again and it hasn't rained in a while.
  • we've run out of clouds!