If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Everybody's Writing!!

2»

Comments

• edited 2020-09-20 06:25:41
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Anyways, I keep getting PMs asked to join Webnovel by "agents" who are definitely totally not just Tencent bots, but I wonder if this would actually help my exposure.

However, Webnovel is one of those platforms where there a short story is like 50 chapters and the

I joined Webnovel and have been posting there. On fictionpress, Heist Phantoms got 110 total views over a few years, but on Webnovel it's gotten 3k views over a few weeks.

I've been keeping with Webnovel's standards by shortening and editing chapters, which I only actually have to do every few days. I'm at the original chapter 12, but on Webnovel it's chapter 33.

Some funny things I forgot about Heist Phantoms;

In a really big reveal, it turns out that the main villain of the story is the Mayor of Paradox City. Despite living in Paradox City all her life, Lea (as a teen girl with no interest in politics), doesn't recognize him.

And;
    "Can you even do that?" Deanney questioned, putting a hand to her head in frustration. "I told you we should have brought the nets and the black-ops team."

"The city can't afford any more blank cheques with 'miscellaneous' in the subject line!" Navy said curtly.

[...]
    "Okay then!" Mr. Foley conceded. "From this moment on, I, the finest specimen of humanity, am the Byzantine Phantom!"

"Because of how ridiculously complex this whole thing has become?" Deanney asked as she backed away.

I've finished editing Detective Brody IV, but I've been lazy about getting around to editing Girl_2, even though I think I should start posting Girl_2 soon.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    wait what
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Oops, I got ninja'd. No, I meant, the "exposure" comment.
    You said something about artists being hounded for free work in exchange for "exposure".
    Oh, it was a reply to that.

I mean, if you're the artist, and you want exposure, that's fine.

It's just that that is not a proper justification for others to ask artists to work for free.
    Sharing your stories on the internet;

Day 1; Join Goodreads. Will people like this? Oh my gosh what if people hate this?
    Day 2; Check in, 2 views
    Day 3; Check in; 3 views.
    Day 4: Realize I'm viewing my own story. Check in; No non-14w views.
    Day 5; Join FictionPress instead.
    Day 30; Check in; 98 total views.
    Day 56; 1 review, it's positive!
    Day 107; Somebody is following your work!
    Day 200; Contacted from somebody at Webnovel, a site that seems to be exclusively for Chinese Cultivation stories.
    Day 450; Finish third story on FictionPress, views so far are okay, almost to a thousand total!
    Day 500; Sign up for Webnovel to expand presence.
    Day 505; A thousand views already!
    Day 560; Three thousand views!
    Day 578; Read the fine print; these views are simple impressions, not significant reads.
    Day 632; Finish posting story on Webnovel, 10k "Impressions"
    Day 635; Hmmmm
    Day 636; Contacted by somebody from GoodNovel, a site that seems to be exclusively for... uh... shapeshifter werewolf man romance??????????

Despite the reach promised by the other sites, it seems FictionPress somehow gets me the most engagement.

Now that Webnovel has failed me I'm concerned I gave my e-mail to a wide-reaching Chinese company (like they didn't have it already).
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    So, I had this idea for a steampunk story I even wrote down the premise for, but it seems to have less of an effect on my motivation to finish it than I hoped for.
    Ah, I know that feeling. I think Bust=The=Mind has gone this way, actually.

Why not share the premise anyways?

(I'd have sworn I made this post before).
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'll send that over a PM, okay? For some reason this way I feel more comfortable about it.
    Sure.

Re:Bust=The=Mind. I know it's quite cliche, but I feel like any gruff gung-ho type who finds himself assigned to a bunch of kids in what is essentially a play environment should have a sad backstory.

Why else would he quit a high-flying justice filled life to teach?

I've also been considering a certain character whose overall fate is to die, but thinking of him as 'the one who dies' seems like it lacks the romanticism of writing. He has a lot to him, I think, so maybe I should just avoid planning certain things until they come up in the story.

That I am yet to start on.