If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Keyboard or mouse?

in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Given the way you use your computer, would you rather lose access to your keyboard or to your mouse?

(This is a practical question in some contexts such as which USB device you unplug when you run out of USB slots.)

I think I know enough keyboard shortcuts that I can do a ton of things without the mouse, aside from web browsing, and I can also bring up keyboard-based mouse cursor controls.

Comments

• edited 2020-07-13 23:33:10
    Whenever I lose access to one I regret that I'm stuck with the other regardless of which it is.
    Outside your OS there's a lot you can't do with a mouse, including getting past a POST message sometimes, so in that case that's an easy choice.
    I've begun using the previous/next page keys more often recently, seeing programmers type super fast without touching the mouse made me want to try. It's nice.
    I think I'll go with keyboard.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I think since one was developed before the other, keyboards are much more useful and can do basically all mouse things. Trying to type on a virtual keyboard with a mouse is basically a nightmare.

But I use a touchpad so it's technically already in my keyboard.
    I've begun using the previous/next page keys

I should know where those are but I don't~
  • edited 2020-07-14 05:03:14
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    previous page = backspace, or alt+left, or far left mouse button (or whatever it's called)
    next page = alt+right, or far right mouse button (or whatever it's called)
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Ah, thanks~