If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Yeah, he was the first one I personally knew who had the disease (assuming he really had it, that is).
    I fixed the hydropneumatic system. One of the contacts in the pressure switch had accumulated sulphated, after cleaning it up a bit with sandpaper it was able to close the circuit again. Good thing I happened to have a multimeter at hand and that that was it, I was mentally preparing in case I had to disassemble the whole thing. Another easy possibility were loose cables inside the pressure switch, less easy possibilities were a clogged pipe between the switch or a damaged level control, if the problem had been in the motor I likely wouldn't have been able to get it repaired.
    One annoying thing about figuring out how to repair things is how regionalized it is, what's common here may be a rarity elsewhere, and they'll often be called completely different things (commonly based on slang or whatever was the first company to sell some part) so looking up stuff is way harder than it needs to be.
  • I wonder how people manage to keep working on a project for months on, with no continuous source of motivation, only moved by the fact that after a long while it'll have been worthwhile (probably). After a couple weeks I just want to forget about it and do something else.

Anyhows, I was looking at that war where neither side knew they were at war until decades later, IIRC it was between Ecuador and France, I couldn't find it but I learned something like that isn't that uncommon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_extended_by_diplomatic_irregularity
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I wonder how people manage to keep working on a project for months on, with no continuous source of motivation, only moved by the fact that after a long while it'll have been worthwhile (probably).

By doing it, even in the moments where you absolutely just hate it. No matter what reasoning your mind comes up with for that (and there will be a lot of that).
  • edited 2020-07-07 13:50:58
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    So, I did not get fired and I probably won't be in the medium to long term either! Wee~

(Pictured: man of professional work ethic)
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Good for you! Meanwhile at my place, apparently they still think I'm useful.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Happy to hear that for both of you.
  • Good job avoiding NEETdom!

Since I started this job I took it for granted that it wouldn't last forever so I've tried to make the most of it, although it seems like it's going to last a while anyways.
  • edited 2020-07-08 16:09:11
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What I watched: The "Perfect" Guide to Hololive
    What I expected: explanation on what Hololive is
    What I got: that, for about 30 seconds, followed by a detailed rundown of vtuber memes and other random shit involving female voices speaking in Japanese
  • I just did what I should've done about a decade ago and set up a wireless home network.
    Yeah that sounds about right.

I've been thinking about animated series lately. I watch some cartoons from time to time. Primarily in the form of animated films, and not often.

In all honesty, modern Western animation sensibilities are not something I approve of, but there is a lot of older stuff I think is worth watching. I think I should give that a serious shot sometime.

Writing this up I remembered that the main reason there isn't really an established cartoon culture is that it's seen as a really juvenile interest, more than a lot of other things.
  • IJBM feels less active lately, I think I know why but I'm not sure I should bring that up.
    modern Western animation sensibilities are not something I approve of
    I'm out of touch with western animation (or any animation, for that matter), what are these sensibilities?
  • edited 2020-07-13 04:48:32
    There are many times I consider doing The Thing You Are Talking About but I always lose steam before I get here.
    what are these sensibilities

Shows that look like a cross between tumblr (on a bad day) and Korean doodles (on a half-decent one). Basically, shows that look like they are all a crossover with Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go, and Steven Universe.

Example; here are three shows that are not what I just mentioned, but essentially look just like them.

The alternative is usually things with thin-lines that just look intensely deranged like My Little Pony: Pony Life.

The only things that seem to attempt to emulate life/human proportions seem to be French (ZAG), Italian (RAI), or out of Warner Bros. direct-to-streaming movies.
    Or anime.
  • edited 2020-07-13 11:37:51
    I was talking about Western animation specifically. Even though I did mention the Korean doodle thing, Korean animation (Flowering Heart etc) doesn't look like that. And nowadays, most non-outsourced Korean output is CG.

Hey gacek, I heard Duda won himself another term?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Yep, he did. By now enough votes are counted that it's pretty much sure.
    I wish the best on Based Poland then (though this doesn't really have much to do with who the president is).

Seems that mail-in voting thing didn't happen much then?
  • I have an important question:
    What will the Duda's Second Term Spurdo meme video be like?
    ^ can't speak of the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure there will be a gay in place of a Jew in the oven.

I can let you know if folks go to courts, but at this point it doesn't seem to be of matter.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Evening, hope you guys doing well.
  • Hey vandro! It's been a while. How's it going?
    Hey vandro! Great to see you again. Lots of blasts from the past lately, though those were mainly guest spots. Hopefully our ratings improve enough from all of this so we don't get cancelled.

I recently had to read through a bunch of old e-mails in the account I registered here and elsewhere with, which were automatic update type "somebody PM-ed you" and "somebody posted in this thread" things. It was so weird to go backward through the last couple of months.
    Great to see you vandro! I'm doing okay. I hope you are well too, in these uncertain times.
    Woah. Nice to see you again.
    Stuck at home given lockdown here while strict has not made a real dent on the spread.
  • edited 2020-07-14 23:33:34
    It's quite strict here, but after the 2-3 month mark people started to ignore it anyways. I've been going to work a fair bit recently, too.
    Besides that, I've been trying to make the best out of it, continuing to improve at the things I do.
    I am too much of a goody two shoes to avoid follwing it. I miss seeing my gf in the flesh
    That last part is unfortunate.

Me, I'm glad I can keep NEETing while still being employed.
  • I have this pain on my back, I think it's in the right omoplate, probably from bad posture when sleeping or when using the PC. It started on the back of my neck but it's "moved" there. It's been a couple days already, hopefully it'll get better soon.
    Besides that, I think I've been making good use of my time recently, unlike the other times I've posted about it here, yet I still feel I could be doing more somehow. Hmmm...
  • The aching hasn't gone away yet.
    I tried to remove the scratches from my phone's camera using both toothpaste and then alcohol, I figured since it's almost uselessly scratched there was no point in worrying about removing the protective layer. Unfortunately after applying the toothpaste the pictures became noticeably more blurry. I did it with cotton per internet instructions, but perhaps using microfiber cloth from the get-go would've given better results.
    Ah, back-pain, the ballad of being a human that is aging. Hope it goes away soon.
    I think I've been making good use of my time recently

I'd say this past week has been a mix for me, and I think that I could be doing things better in some respects going forward but I'm getting in my own way slightly by appealing to emotion.
    the pictures became noticeably more blurry

Ah, oops.

Is there a way to fix that?