If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Music Dump thread

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Sort of like a folk band. I think they meticulously research what's left of Polish folk music and twist it into this trippy stuff.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

I love this song so much
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So, would listening to Nickleback-

[INSERT DERISIVE JOKE HERE]
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    @fourteenwings: are you interested in Hungarian rock in general?
  • edited 2017-05-28 15:15:06
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Lately I've just been into European artists (mostly Hungarian and German* I guess). I'd say it's mostly pop stuff, but there's rock in there too maybe? I'm following a bunch of Hungarian labels on Youtube, and I watch DW's PopXport for the latter.

I'm always open to new stuff too if you have any recommendations.

*off the top of my head; Fritz Kalkbrenner, Adel Tawil, Joy Denalane, Wincent Weiss and Alle Farben.

Outside of this prolonged European music phase I think I mentioned I'm into The Naked And Famous (New Zealand), Woodkid (no idea where he's from <_<), and Daniel Levi (ditto).

Techno and Shrekno versions. Posting here because it doesn't seem fitting for general discussion on music.
  • edited 2017-08-16 09:37:54

The descent into paranoia and madness is funny because it's Toyama.

Back to black: Vltava by Cult Of Fire.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    What genre of metal is this?
    Black, though apparently on the symphonic side. Encyclopedia Metallum says "epic black metal".

early 60's epic nazi psychedelic black metal (actually not nazi)
    That's some very creative album art.

I'm really liking Ishihara Kaori's new style.

Russian auteur song.
    Nice, thanks for sharing that!

End result of sovietwaving, Russian post-punk.
  • edited 2020-02-21 05:05:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    This came on the radio earlier this evening.

diminished-seventh chords and octatonic scales and 7-beat bars ahoy

time for some kvlt Slovak black metal

or is is kvlt black Slovak metal

anyways, the Carpathians are officially the kvltest mountain range in the world, so it's only logical there's finally a kvlt black metal band from Slovakia
    should i play that game
    It's pretty short (3 hours or so), so why not?

This was my favorite song from this game, because the beatmap was so repetitive that it was easy to get into the music. True rhythm game masterpiece, I'd say.

Blackened jazz, or jazz-black metal, or something like that. You guys who're into music theory, does jazz fall within the range of interest (so to say) of music theory? It seems to be somewhere in-between, not as classy as classical and too artsy for popular.
  • edited 2020-05-15 14:20:28

The only rock/rock-adjacent band I know/like that isn't Japanese is a folk-rock group from Colombia.

I know their Wikipedia page describes them as a "folk" band but in all honesty I associate this sound more with light rock. Folk rock is like... early Red Hot Chili Peppers and other people who hipsters no longer listen to due to the band's obvious hipster-ness being exposed.
  • edited 2020-05-19 13:37:20

I'm getting back into old J-pop. The songs are pretty much what I expected from when anime does "hey remember this? (but you don't since you weren't in Japan in the late 90s)". I appreciate that.

This probably falls very nicely into Easy Listening. A genre I've heard of from older people but have never really personally experienced.