If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    imagine walking into someone's home and there's a small collection of anime below their TV set and it consists of the following:

The Price of Smiles
    Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood.
    Z/X: Code Reunion
    Kemono Friends
    Black Rock Shooter
    Dragon Half
    Endro~!
    Dog Days
    Kaze no Stigma
    Manaria Friends
  • edited 2020-04-01 13:56:41
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Is an anime fan who likes sci-fi shows featuring cute girls. Mainly watches things from after 2010. Where do you even get a BD set of Manaria Friends?

What about:

Eureka Seven AO
    Houkago no Pleiades
    Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari
  • edited 2020-04-01 13:55:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Looks colorful and cute.

> Where do you even get a BD set of Manaria Friends?

Good question.

> Hougako no Pleiades

Should I PTW this?

Edit: wait, it's already PTW'd
  • edited 2020-04-01 15:16:01
    I'd guessed as much.

Also turns out I misspelled "Houkago" just now.
    Masaaki Yuasa Retires as President of Anime Studio Science SARU

That took two whole minutes (or, more specifically, anime).
    [10:37:40] you could believe that my mom would pick up the practice of depositing checks by mobile device before i would but you cannot believe that a site containing an extensive collection of pinups and screencaps of a bunch of anime girls exists?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    The bodysuit thing is way too specific for me.

And IIRC you had like a phone with 1-9/+/#/ buttons until like last year.
    Not last year, but several years ago.

Also:

me a while ago: *looks at Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle and reads its synopsis*
    me a while ago: nah, i'm not interested in this

someone else recently: here's the OP to Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
    me, recently: *listens to it*
    me, recently: i'm interested in this
    me a while ago: i thought you said you're not interested in this
    me, recently: ...um, yeah, i guess i did, but i'm interested in this
  • edited 2020-04-02 15:35:14
    It's a good TRUE OP, and I guess in a way it's your sort of show?

Yesterday whilst watching the finale of Aikatsu On Parade!, I realized that I had watched Aikatsu! anime for about seven years straight, and all eight years of it (including movies).

I've always had this feeling that like, one day Aikatsu! would end and I'd need to move on. This isn't that time yet. It probably won't be for another ten years, but it's a good time to remind myself of that.
  • edited 2020-04-02 19:18:56
    It's a good TRUE OP, and I guess in a way it's your sort of show?
    I'm pretty sure part of the reason I stuck around and watched all of Absolute Duo had to do with really liking the music.

Also I basically know that that was the case with Neptunia.
    The bodysuit thing is way too specific for me.
    I thought that is a pretty common fetish...?
  • Is everything getting brought back?

I want a Nurse Angel Ririka SOS remake with current-day King Records singers.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    When you can't bring back real life, bring back the next best thing.
    I think the Tokyo Mew Mew reboot has been obvious for quite a while now.

Show PreCure a la Mode how it's done... whatever studio gets this. I think it'd be cool to do a story where the a la Mode MC, Berry, shows up halfway through like they do in PreCure, though that'd mean a lot of deviations from the original series (which is for the best with remakes anyways).
    It turns out that Aikatsu On Parade! Dream Story is a fortnightly thing.

Well, at least it's still more Aikatsu!
    kklao wrote:
    EGOIST wrote:
    For some odd reason I am thinking of the Pokémon episode "The Pi-kahuna".
    Are you sure it's not this one OP? This one pops into my mind as well

Quite sure. It's not an episodic anime. There's plot involved. The scene came about like when they're trying to train individually then they evolve themselves like usual shounen then compete in competitions. If I can just recall the sports itself. UGH.

> episodic
    > implying there's no plot in an episodic anime

note to self: this battle is not worth fighting, stop wanting to do that
    note to self: this battle is not worth fighting, stop wanting to do that
  • What are you even doing?
    Presumably he's fighting with some rando on MAL.
    More like telling myself not to do so.
  • edited 2020-04-06 07:03:44
    Between Mash, Rigel, Cure Moonlight, Katya, Ally Connolly, Chihaya, Rei Kuroki, Linca, Laffinty, Sinon, Reki, and Saki Inui, I think I have a taste for a certain kind of character.
  • edited 2020-04-06 08:11:51
    But Mash isn't like Cure Moonlight...?
  • edited 2020-04-06 14:39:23
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    But Mash isn't like Cure Moonlight...?

I actually pared down my list; it originally also included Gourai and Lacia.

I think the common thread is that these characters tend to be relatively quiet and capable of being serious.
  • I'm not sure if Mash is even all that quiet, considering how much talking is in Grand Order.
    I think he probably means they're soft-spoken rather than brash and loud.
    Actually in addition to Gourai and Lacia I could probably add Homura too.

And yeah Mash does talk a good amount in First Order but her speech is at a relatively quiet volume.
  • edited 2020-04-07 10:54:19
    Is that really a character trait most of the time? I feel like I've come across a lot of characters who sound soft in a weirdly dissonant way.

Though it's proooobably intentional with Mash considering that by the time they did this, she sounds like Takahashi's voice from public appearances except like, toned down or holding back on her Takahashiness.
    UhNAMTb.jpg

Sounds like the staff working on Digimon Adventure are somehow jealous that War Game was not the mashup American movie, so they're going to try and do that.
    I think the reason I keep running into a "anime that I don't want to watch but have some nice character art" is because I like at least some bishoujo styles (particularly ones where the characters don't look inordinately young, but also don't look grossly disproportioned), and this tends to be overrepresented in harem/ecchi shows, but I also don't really like the harem and ecchi elements themselves (especially comedic ecchi), so basically I'm stuck with character art I like (not including oddly large boobs or other weirdness) and premises where I'm more interested in the setting and adventure/action/drama aspects than the romance (including harem) and sexual aspects.

It helps (if you can call it such) that a number of these shows have awesome trancepop theme songs.
    In all honesty I find comedic ecchi the only kind of acceptable ecchi, and even then it's rarely worth it.
  • edited 2020-04-10 13:47:16
    There's at least three types, I think: comedic ecchi, ecchi in character design (e.g. Vividred Operation), and ecchi-in-passing (e.g. mildly bouncy boobs that no one draws attention to in-universe, or a quick pantyshot as part of an action scene).

Come to think of it, most of what I know about ecchi is gynophilic ecchi; I wonder how androphilic works in anime handle these aspects.
  • edited 2020-04-10 14:42:25
    That's some big words for bishoujo and bishounen.

There tends to not be a lot of obvious fanservice in bishounen anime and the like. There's a lot more...uh... "dokidoki" scenes, where the guy's behavior is supposed to be overwhelmingly heart thumping.

However, I can think of a number of examples;

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu! and it's sequels are literally just shows where the most anybody wears 40% of the time is a towel.

Free! also likes it's wet muscles thing quite a bit. Dive to the Future also had a lot of BL.

Bakumatsu Rock! (which is from like, 2013) is also a show where the boys got lots of magic power that would rip up their clothes and expose their chests.

But I find that I can go through almost any otome game adaptation and not find something that you'd go "oh, yeah that's meant to be something somebody caps and uses as their inappropriate screensaver".

I'm guessing this is one of those "adult video vs romance novel/bodice ripper" situations.
    ecchi in character design (e.g. Vividred Operation), and ecchi-in-passing (e.g. mildly bouncy boobs that no one draws attention to in-universe, or a quick pantyshot as part of an action scene).

Isn't Vividred Operation both of these? These categories seem vaguely arbitrary to start with...
  • These categories seem vaguely arbitrary to start with...

Indeed.