If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• edited 2020-01-17 12:40:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I dreamed that I had, a few days prior, attended a church service where I don't usually go, and where the sermon was full of meaningless religious platitudes, and happened to be driving by this church now.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I had this really vivid dream where I was watching YouTube and came across commercials for a new line of Descendants dolls. There was a character played by Malese Jow who was the daughter of Cruella (so I guess she was Carlos' older sister?) and another who was the son of Naveen and Tiana from The Princess and the Frog.

So there was the first commercial, which was for the dolls from this alternative "Descendants 3" where the main villain was the daughter of Lady Tremaine, and in the commercial she was kind of calling out to Dizzy. Anyways, the dolls in this commercial were the usual characters, plus these new three.

Then there was a commercial for a "Royal Dog Walkies" line that featured Ben, Jay and the new Frog Prince. They each came with a walking dog who was decked out in the gaudiest gear possible. This was the alternative commercial for the line, because the other one featured Mal, Ally, Evie and so on.

Anyways, I really want this stuff to exist now.
  • I kinda remember having dreamt this already.
    Some of my friends (who never showed up in the dream) were involved in some secret evil organization and I had to investigate, to that end I had to live in a certain apartment complex for a while that said friends owned and was related to said organization.
    Now I remember almost nothing about what happened, but I do remember that by the time I was done with the investigation and was leaving I had taken away some stuff from there for personal use and had also left some of my stuff there, I think a bed and a surge protector. I wanted to return these things I took back to them and retrieve my own things, but I couldn't without being found out.
    Also despite theirs being an evil organization it was the side I was working on that's considered the bad one, and despite theirs being a secret organization it was some important authority in law enforcement or similar, so it was only a matter of time that I'd be found out and have my shameful secret revealed and was bummed that the best I could do was being far away by the time they realized.
    I was asleep for like 20 real-life minutes so I probably didn't actually dream much of it, just kind of half-remembered it.
    for a while that said friends owned and was related to said organization.

If it was a really fancy complex, this would make a compelling CW show.
    I had taken... a bed

Oh, okay.
  • If it was a really fancy complex, this would make a compelling CW show.
    It was built along the walls of a small valley or canyon but it was otherwise unremarkable, it had a modern simplistic style with a black-and-light-gray colour theme, both on the inside and outside. It was nice but nothing fancy.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    My parents and I were looking at real estate, specifically a house in southern part of the state of Maine, here in the US. It was an overcast day, early in the year with chilly but not snowy weather, and with grey skies, but no rain.

The house was an immense split-level thing, owned by a couple and their two young-ish children. The main floor, which was at the elevation of the second or third floor normally, and had like oversized 12-foot ceilings, was all I had time to explore. It consisted of an entrance foyer, a hallway that, due to its openness and centrality, looked more like an aisle.

On its left was first the foyer and then what I think were some stairs down, then to the master bedroom/bathroom suite behind a door. The master bedroom had like four individual-unit air conditioners installed in one wall, all next to each other, for some reason), and had a series of four small decorative dormers in an arc, whose Christmas lights the owners still had strung up.

On the right, the hallway was first open to a living room, which was itself open to a kitchen. For some reason, the lights weren't on in here, but the kitchen was big enough to have a bunch of folding chairs arranged as if for an audience facing the hallway and the stairs down. The kitchen counter was a white L-shape with one side adjoining the hallway and one side adjoining the wall to the next room; the sink was located at the corner of the L, with some dirty dishes in them. Next after the kitchen, behind a wall, was a quite large family room, also entirely open to the hallway. For some reason, the entire family room was well-lit, and was being used like a retail shoe shop, specializing in athletic shoes; many customer were shopping the shoes.

At the ends of the hallway were two enclosed but non-heated rooms. On the left side was one room that seemed to be used to hold firewood and other supplies. On the right side was a children's playroom, complete with a basketball hoop, which is where the two children, a son and a daughter, were at the time. Both rooms were pretty sizeable, like larger than a 10x10 bedroom, and were lined with wooden floors and other unpainted wooden features, and had celings that tapered downward toward the far end of the room, with windows and skylights.

I wanted to explore the lower floors (there were like two or three), but I didn't have time.

For some reason, later, I visited the school which the children attended. It was an expensive private school. I walked into a class being held in a lecture hall (of capacity ~30 seats) with segmented row desks and fixed-in-place swivelly chairs; it was having some sort of activity where the students were working on their own. I sat down in the middle of the classroom, but when I took out my umbrella to fix it, the teacher informed me that I hadn't changed my shoes, and asked me to put away my umbrella and put on a pair of slippers, provided in a closet just outside the classroom entrance. The point of doing this was, supposedly, so that we wouldn't look at our shoes but would look at others when greeting them, though I didn't understand this logic.

Later I think I was on my tablet and found fourteenwings arguing with people on the internet, specifically HH people, via Stormtroper passing messages between the two parties.
    I feel like we need to try this now.
    For some reason, the entire family room was well-lit, and was being used like a retail shoe shop, specializing in athletic shoes

Random.
    I feel like we need to try this now.
    tempting-fate.jpg
    suxdpMD.jpg
    I had a dream two nights ago where I was in a shopping mall. I was supposed to be with my parents, and I knew they were at the bookstore, but instead I went down an escalator that led to this garden path. The escalator steps were lined with grass, probably astroturf, and they didn't go all the way around, which meant you could fall through if you stepped on it at the wrong time.

As I came down the escalator, I found myself in the middle of a performance of BRAVO from Girls Mode 4. It didn't look anything like this, it was just the song.

I was the lead, and I had a color scheme that sort of looked like this guy (yes, including skin tone) but like... with more normal proportions.

The performance was sort of like a runway from Aikatsu!, where we started at the bottom of the escalator and moved towards the end of a garden. It was a wedding themed stage too, though like... there was no wedding.

After we performed, I grabbed my save data card (??) and was about to exit the area when I noticed a strange haggard woman (think Snow White's wicked stepmother in full disguise mode) a few feet away in another garden. She was there trying to destroy another player of this AR idol game because they'd done something to unleash the "Mode" and this was dangerous. I tried to stop her, but then she turned to me, which was when I noticed she had like, no face.

Then I woke up.
    Last night, I traversed a landscape in China, as the forest transitioned from green to snow-covered, and passed several tunnels carved into the snow, and was later visiting a museum there with my parents. (The museum's architecture was modern, with palely yellow-ish/pink-ish walls and off-white tiles with a variety of small black spots as visual texture, and rectangular benches made from typical dark-colored Chinese hardwood.)

The night before, I was in an apartment in Seoul, and I remember looking around my surroundings, as we had a lot of continuous windows in between the steel beam corners. I later left my apartment to stand atop a a very tall and narrow structure (like just a wooden plank atop two poles) towering a few hundred feet over a city street below, in order to watch someone shoot something at a giant balloon next to me as part of an elaborate ceremony. (They missed the first shot, which whizzed past me, but the second shot popped the balloon and sent it sinking forward.)
    I can't remember the details properly, but I was walking past this odd, barely-finished mansion when I was invited in by the owner. The front hall and most of the other rooms in front were unfinished, but the back half was completely finished and furnished.

I was there with a bunch of other people, and I had this distinct feeling that we were meant to be doing something (possibly killing each other?) but nothing much happened on the first day. But we were indeed trapped inside the house.

Sometime later, I found a note stating that whatever was planned had been cancelled, and that we could all go back home. So I did.
  • edited 2020-02-24 08:05:06
    Least committed villain ever.
    Congratulations on surviving a mutual killing game!
    I left home to go to the airport. I didn't really prepare to go to the airport, so I had to go back home to get something. When I got to the airport, I breezed through security due to not carrying much stuff, but I had been carrying like two big plates of food and my laptop was turned around backwards and I just put them on the baggage security carousel, and those items got hung up. Time was very tight on catching my flight, so I ran back out to a security desk which was outside of the secured area, and asked them if they could ask the plane to wait for me. To my surprise, they were willing to do that, but there were like 10 minutes left before the scheduled departure, and there was now a line of people waiting to go through security, so I just ran through the exit, which caused a loud alarm to sound and scared an elderly couple that was just going through security, and then a couple guys walked up to me and detained me for running in through the exit.

Then I woke up.
  • edited 2020-03-29 14:01:28
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Couple nights ago, I forget exactly why but I ran out of something, so I morphballed backwards through the final dungeon all the way to the start of the game, at which point it was a sunny day and I was on the second floor balcony of a (much taller) tower overlooking (to the north, roughly) a lawn with occasional trees on the right and a wilderness area on the left, separated by a small asphalt road (characteristic of a parking lot) and a swale area next to it. A bird then crashed into me and made me drop my cell phone, which then broke on the asphalt below, and I blamed my mom for disliking cell phone covers since hers broke the same way, and I noticed that someone was mowing the lawn. He mowed the swale (on the other side of the road) and for some reason he kept on mowing despite becoming entirely submerged in the standing water in the swale. But his mower kept going and he eventually resurfaced at the far end of the swale.

Last night, it was a cloudy day and I was looking at someone's lawn and approving of the decision to divide it into squares and leave some squares uncut. Then I was helping to prepare someone's garden by pulling out small rectangular patches of dark grey styrofoam. And my mom and someone else were on the pathway to the front door of someone's house, between the wall of the house and a retaining wall adjoining said garden, using a cutout in the wall to deal with the wet soil beneath the garden. Note that this area of garden was basically at eye level -- so this was a house basically an L-shaped house built into a slope, with part of the house (the garden side) basically having little windows peeking out above this slope, barely beneath the roof.

Later, I walked out the back door of a house. Outside was a small wooden deck, with stairs downward into a large, water-filled area, part of the bay or something. It was a sunny day but it was probably late enough that the sun didn't go over the walls and thus didn't directly light the water but it did hit the white siding of the house. I started swimming at the surface and eventually I took off and flew to one of the walls, bouncing off of it with my feet. Then I flew to the opposite wall, and bounced off that with my feet. Then I let myself fall into the water and sink to the bottom (it's only like ten or so feet deep but somehow I was able to sink that far) and see the muddy bottom with some aquatic vegetation, before swimming back to the surface.
  • edited 2020-03-30 00:20:18
    I blamed my mom for disliking cell phone covers since hers broke the same way
    Reminds me that I should've gotten a cover for my phone since... well, since I got it.

For some reason I haven't had dreams I could remember for a good while now.
    I should add that I was able to fly because I had wings.

No, they were not wings from Red Bull. They were dragon wings.
    I blamed my mom for disliking cell phone covers since hers broke the same way
    Reminds me that I should've gotten a cover for my phone since... well, since I got it.

IRL, my mom used to have a cell phone cover but discarded it because she just didn't like it. Now she has this phone whose screen basically extends all the way to the edges, making it a pain to use when she's holding it because she often produces irrelevant touchscreen signals with the hand that's holding it, and making it a pain to hold in general because it's so slippery. She's dropped it once and cracked the screen too -- something that would have been avoided with a rubbery cell phone case.

Also I meant cell phone cases rather than cell phone covers.

Also have you been sleeping too well lately?
  • edited 2020-03-30 00:57:54
    Also have you been sleeping too well lately?
    Funny that you mention it. No, I've been sleeping very little recently for some reason, although I think my absense of dreams predates that.
    this phone whose screen basically extends all the way to the edges

That's basically all the new Samsungs. My mom has a new iPhone and it's sort of like this but not as bad, I think. I preferred phones from a few years ago with the fat, obvious edges (and the like, at least one physical front button) but design must move on to make things worse, as always.

It's meant to do 2.4:1 video which I don't actually think is worth it.

I've had a few notable dreams but I've actually forgotten to write them down.

I do remember that a few days ago I had a dream where I was back in school (again!) but in university, rather than high school, but I spotted a group of high schoolers in two single-file lines crossing the street a few yards away from me.

Then, suddenly, I was in a high school class (the same high school from earlier, since it was the same uniforms), but held outside. Like, there were desks and like... transparent panels with windows, and a door, but otherwise there were no walls or anything. We were in some sort of park, on an incline, and there was a basketball court in the distance.

There was some sort of oral exam and I kept getting picked to answer and answering every question correctly, and I felt kind of bad but not really? After a while, the teacher left and I followed her to ask why she kept picking me.

When I opened the door, which was just sort of suspended there since it wasn't attached to anything aside from the ground, a tan helicopter immediately crashed right in front of me. A few seconds later another helicopter, a forest green military style one, landed in front of it. Somehow, my teacher was a passenger in the tan helicopter.

There was a large kerfuffle, but it didn't really concern me. I noticed that there was a bullet hole in the back of the tan helicopter. Somehow I knew that the pilot had sabotaged it in some sort of effort to keep the teacher from saying something or other, but neither she nor anybody else believed me.
    I want more dreams where I get to fly around with wings.
    My dad says he used to dream about flying a lot when he was in university.

I don't think I ever dream about flying.
  • Me neither.

I read you can train yourself to fly in dreams by playing with swings a lot.

I remember reading it in a Cracked article about guides for terrible ideas and it seemed like a great idea.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I have had dreams about hovering above ground, or floating high and then being about to fall, but not flying.
    I think that was the first time I had a dream about flying, myself.
  • edited 2020-03-31 11:52:31
    So a war started between the govts. of Venezuela and the US, we got hit with fighter jets dropping incendiary bombs, one of which fell on a building next door, destroying it. I was scared at first but things calmed down after a while. AFAIKnew nobody was hurt and I was looking for a way to post on IJBMer Updates about it. We then provide shelter for the neighbour refugees and then start looking into providing home internet. The ruins of the building were moved into our home (at this point the building was about five storeys tall for a total of about two meters high) so that it could be re-erected after the war.
    Reminder that if you read these posts without knowing which thread you're in, you're morally obliged to post about it.
    That's one serious Tower Defense game.

And yup I fell for it for a few seconds.
    I was at a dinner party and was trying to hide the fact that I was watching the new Re:Fresh PreCure!! movie on my phone.

The other day, an old Persian man and his young adult son were traveling through time. They were trying to get to the present from the distant past, even though they weren't from the present. I'm not sure how I knew this, but I did.

However, when they got to Renaissance Italy, the son fell in love with an artist apprentice boy and didn't want to move further into time. His father was understandably not very happy about this, since they were on a mission and everything.

The father and son had some vague clippings of things that happened in the times they traveled through on roughed up papyrus. In those documents, there was a self-portrait of the artist the boy was an apprentice to, painted by another apprentice.

The father then assumed this meant that the current apprentice did not survive long, and therefore believed he had carte blanche to kill him so his son could move on in time.

Anyways, the main thing is that the father then showed up to assassinate the apprentice, but to do so he had to transform into his combat mode. There wasn't really a transformation sequence or anything, but there was some transformey stuff that happened so his clothes could do a whole 180. For some reason, the new outfit involved blue stirrup tights and no shoes. There was a more traditional robe over it, it was a lighter blue with gold embroidered paisley patterns.

In order to fight, the father used what sort of seemed like Madoka Witch powers if those were extremely pretty rather than creepy. He would kind of just stand there raising his arms in various patterns as flowers and pastel patterned lights surrounded the boy.

But then his son showed up, and he started using his own magic powers (except he didn't transform) which were exactly the same, and they fought for a while.

Then I woke up.
  • I think that's your most fourteenwingsy dream so far.

I can't quite remember what I dreamt last night, but I was back at school along with other adults, classes took place inside an abandoned building under construction, the teacher was a cool guy and the only staff member there and at some point someone stole popcorn from the cafeteria (owned by said teacher) and we'd all get in trouble if he found out who did it so we had to cover it up.
    I was watching this movie that starring Jennifer Aniston. It was a romantic comedy, and her potential love interests were Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, and Matthew McConauhey.

Enterprise played her sassy rave-party-girl best friend. She had bright neon green and pink beads in her hair.
    I think that's your most fourteenwingsy dream so far.

I can't tell if you mean the flower magic or the part where a man decides to kill the guy his son is in love with so they can carry on with their arbitrary time-travel duties.
    It was daytime, and I was at a festival/concert event. The venue was a large rectangular open-air arena, with old-ish white and pale-orange concrete structures providing two (rather tall, like 15+ feet high) floors (the top one without a railing) and some seating with cracked paint, and an overhanging roof above. The grassy area in the middle of the arena was open to the sky, and was where a concert stage was set up; I was looking at it from its right side.

This was a sparsely attended event given the size of the arena -- imagine maybe a couple hundred or fewer people, in small crowds mainly around the corner of an arena that can fit tens of thousands.

This concert involved different groups of performers going up to the stage to perform. I was part of a group that was considering performing, and we figured we'd go last. I was sitting on the second floor, and I moved toward the part of the second floor behind the stage. It was a bright sunny day but this part of the arena was shaded by the overhang.

I walked out of the arena, and somehow eventually I ended up getting in touch with a friend who I'd be performing with, while I was walking through the checkout lines at a busy (and somewhat disorderly-looking, e.g. Walmart) big-box store; I think they may have been selling Christmas goods. I went "backwards" into the store and eventually came out the other end where it was nighttime and between going to fluorescent-lit bathroom with colorful blue/green tiles and an open-air covered concrete structure outside (with a railing and with plants beyond the railing, and lit by yellow sodium-vapor lamps), I met up with this friend (a friend of mine from college). He was hyped about the concert, but I didn't have the musical score for my part in the ensemble, so I asked him whether he brought it. He then opened up his backpack and started looking for it.