If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Yeah the whole thing was insane.
  • edited 2020-02-09 06:00:36
    Let's see, if I take my time I can make it so that I end up doing the last chapter over the weekend.
    Shortie update:
  • edited 2020-02-09 06:05:31
  • edited 2020-02-09 05:50:14

On one hand, I finally got a case more or less right for the most part, on the other hand: :(
    Maaaaan I want to know what happens next sooo bad.
  • I wonder if (an infinite, decision version of) the Mind Mine minigame is NP-Complete.
    if I take my time
    This is so not going to happen.

I feel this has been a long chapter already, time for a rest.

Hint*, though I think if you spend even like 2 seconds thinking about this, you'll get it so maybe don't check it after all
  • Hint*, though I think if you spend even like 2 seconds thinking about this, you'll get it so maybe don't check it after all
    I'm tempted to read it now, but I think I'll wait until before the final trial then guess both before and after reading the hint.
  • edited 2020-02-11 06:06:41

Maaaan that was so cool. My brain hurts.
  • So I found out I got ninja'd.
  • edited 2020-02-12 23:54:58

• The time has come for the killing game to end.
  • Prime Minister Ultimate Maid highschooler

Reminds me of this.
    BIG SPOILER

Normal stuff:

After all, cosplaying and fashion are literally indistinguishable.

I think saying this to either cosplay people or fashion people would cause a major fit.

• THE END V3
    Yeah, my willing suspension of disbelief got hit too hard.
    I should be, like, super asleep right now, I'll post stuff laters.
    I'll respond more thoroughly in the morning but;

• edited 2020-02-13 20:12:25
  • edited 2020-02-14 08:42:33
    This is true but by George the place is giant. It's a nightmare to navigate right when you're going somewhere for the first time, and there are certain hallways that have insanely confusing layouts (especially the one's outside Gonta's lab).
    I didn't see it at first but I do now, the problem is that the Academy laid out in a veritical zig-zag pattern that makes it long to traverse as places unlock. Plus changing layout.
    Anyhows, it's refreshing being able to look up things without having to worry about getting spoiled.
    Friendship fragments:
    5: Tsumugi, Maki.
    3: Korekiyo.
    2: Himiko.
    1: Angie, Kirumi, K1-B0, Kaito.

Close! It was Angie.

Anyways... I still don't know how to feel about the plot of DRV3's final moments. On one hand, it was extremely innovative. On the other, I'm yet to figure out some fragments to this day re:

• edited 2020-02-14 23:11:12
  • edited 2020-02-15 09:47:44
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Following this thread rather loosely these days, so you might already know of it:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/pl/product/kingdom-come-deliverance/home

Free game alert - Kingdom Come: Deliverance on Epic.
  • edited 2020-02-17 22:52:14
    Following this thread rather loosely these days
    How could you miss all those toggleboxed posts.

However I may feel towards that final twist, I can't deny it's given me a lot to think of.
    When I was halfway through DRV3 I thought I'd want to give a rest to playing for a while, but I'm already getting an itch to continue.
    Now, I'm not sure what to play next. I checked 999 but room escape games aren't my thing. Now, people play Danganronpa because of the characters, the murder mysteries, the setting's mystery, the thrill and maybe more. Obviously these things go hand in hand but in my case the clear winners are the murder mysteries, a couple months ago I had no idea I'd like playable crime investigations so much but here I am, as such the recommendations for me are the Ace Attorney series, Persona 4 and 5 and a couple games called Exile Election and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Despite how reusable the killing game concept is, AFAIK Exile Election is the only one to rip it off, or so I read. Also the fangame and its sequel. I'll try watching Let's Plays of these.
    I'll also watch the non-DR1 animus. wings do you know if they contain spoilers for, I dunno, Ultra Despair Girls or something? I'll probably watch anyways, but...
    Regardless, this will probably be my last post on the matter or close to it, you people can have the thread back, not that you were doing anything good with it.
    999 but room escape games aren't my thing

Oh now I feel way better about never getting around to them. I thought they were DR-esque visual novels.
    Persona 4 and 5

Persona games are more unforgiving JRPGs than visual novels though.
    Exile Election and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

I've only ever heard of the latter, but I know the Nintendo DS had a lot of standard detective fare like Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
    wings do you know if they contain spoilers for, I dunno, Ultra Despair Girls or something?

I know that they mainly built on the canon surrounding DR2, since one is a prequel to it and the other is a sequel.

Related:

I think Ultra Despair Girls is more a DR1 spinoff, with a lot of it's own story, so I doubt it contains many DR2 spoilers.
  • edited 2020-02-28 14:59:38
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/582660/Black_Desert_Online/

Free to claim, until March 2. Normal price is $10.
  • edited 2020-02-29 02:31:07
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    So, a while back, I wanted to play something like Age of Empires, but a version of it that would be compatible with modern machines wasn't available on game stores like GOG or Steam.

So, I picked up Empire Earth, on GOG. IIRC, I heard that this game was actually developed by some people from the Age of Empires devteam.

The problem was, however, that the game was only said to be compatible with up to Windows 7. I have a Windows 8 computer. Sure enough, the game didn't work. When I looked up what to do about this, various patches were suggested by people on the internet, but none of them made the game work.

Fast forward a few years, and at some point the fine folks at GOG and/or the Empire Earth devteam actually fixed up this game to work on Windows 8 and Windows 10. So, I just now reinstalled it and can confirm that it works smoothly.

(The only bug I've found so far, after playing the first tutorial scenario, is that the menus remain 4:3 in their resolution ratio and on a 16:9 screen this is stretched. However, the game setting for screen resolution are applied correctly once the gameplay actually starts.)

(In the meantime, Age of Empires II did get released on Steam. That's probably the best-received one among the three Age of Empires games. But I still haven't bought it. And I'm definitely not buying it on Steam now that Steam's game library interface has gone down the crapper.)

TL;DR - Empire Earth now works on Win8 and Win10, in its GOG version.
  • I've been doing a lot of what I'm going to pretentiously call soul-searching, watching let's plays of the games recommended above. tbh I can't tell what these recommendations are based on beyond the fact that they're all mystery games, some are visual novels and some are about a death game. So far Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is not quite what I was looking for but I guess it's as close as it'll get. After several hours in I haven't gone over the entirety of Tsuihou Senkyo/Exile Election's premise to tell if I'll dig it, man that game's so longwinded. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is very much unlike DR but still looks very interesting, I'll watch it at some point.
    There's also the fangames/web series, but, ummm... I don't want to crap on fans' efforts but I'm not in a hurry to play/watch them. Maybe all those years on Touhou have spoiled me?
    Oh now I feel way better about never getting around to them. I thought they were DR-esque visual novels.
    Disclaimer: I'm basing that on what I watched, that is, the first hour or so of the first game, if that's not a good way of describing the rest of the series I wouldn't know.
    Regardless, this will probably be my last post on the matter or close to it
    I lied, I watched Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School so here's another togglebox:

I thought about posting this in the anime thread but then I didn't. I liked zetsubou-hen much more than mirai-hen, maybe it's because I like the less action-paced stuff more? Though I did end up warming up to it near the end.

maybe it's because I like the less action-paced stuff more

I don't think I've ever been really really into action-packed stuff but nowadays I feel like my aversion to shows where the main draw is action is getting extreme.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    meanwhile i have been wasting my time playing several more Super Metroid romhacks