If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    Perhaps I should play something besides that next? Perhaps side material?

Ultra Despair Girls is a shooter, and not even I've played it (though I guess I should at least try sometime).

Anyways, DRV3 is suuuuuuuper long, so you should at least be ready for that.

Also, be very ready for a super out of left field moment.

In all honesty, I'd recommend playing DRV3 right after DR2. Even if it is just so I can live vicariously through your gameplay.
  • edited 2020-01-20 01:00:08
    I seem to drink a lot of coffee when playing Danganronpa.
    Also like I (think I?) said, in DR2 the characters were often still relevant even after dying, even if only by the remaining survivors reminiscing about them, unlike in DR1 were it wasn't often that a character would be brought up beyond the beginning of the chapter after the one they died in.
    Also I had a much easier time figuring out how to make the main character say what I want him to say during Nonstop Debates, also whether I knew the answer or not it more often felt like there was only one, clearly better choice. Not counting the swimsuit one, that is.

I also began reading Danganronpa IF, though I think I'll take it slowly while also playing whatever.

The School/Island mode gets old very quickly, I think I'll rush maxing out the Report Card and then move on, I'll read the trip dialogue on Youtube, though I'm probably not missing much. Reminder to self: read the DR1 school trip dialogue that I haven't read yet on YouTube.
    I don't think I'll wait much before playing DRV3. In addition to what one would expect from a new game I'm looking forward to be able to look things up without having to worry about spoilers.
    I do feel kind of bummed that there's only one game left, the mysteries are dwindling. Perhaps I should start looking for other series to get into?
  • edited 2020-01-20 04:47:48
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I don't think I'll wait much before playing DRV3.

Yay!

Perhaps I should start looking for other series to get into?

People like the Nonary Games, but I haven't played them as they don't star high school students and the overhype rubs me the wrong way as a hipster.

By the way, here are my thoughts on DR2 from right after I played it.
    Unfortunately, the game was also screaming "FRANCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" so loud during the final class trial that none of those issues were explored

This, by the way, was extremely incorrect, but I think my points can stand by themselves regardless.
  • Yeah, I don't think I read that (and if I did, I didn't understand it then completely forgot), which I guess is good because that's a lot of spoilers.
  • edited 2020-01-21 11:51:06
    Oh, another thing I noticed is that there were less cases reliant on info given at the trial in order to figure out what happened. The only one I can think of is the stuff near the end of the fifth trial, which was kind of the point.

I wonder how close other people get when solving cases. The only ones I'd say I got somewhat close are DR2Ch1 and DR2Ch4, with DR1Ch3 and DR2Ch5 being the ones I got kinda half-right, the others being mostly misses.
    I don't think I'll wait much before playing DRV3.

lolno, huge download ahead, I didn't plan for this and it's going to take me a while. Wirth's Law rears its ugly head again. But I do have a bit to say already:

On non-Danganronpa matters, the other day I learned about Entombed, an 80s game remarkable for having a random (solvable) maze creator based on an algorithm that nobody knows why it works or how the developer came up with it except that he did it while drunk, and is the subject of serious academic research. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190919-the-maze-puzzle-hidden-within-an-early-video-game?referer=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/
  • edited 2020-01-31 03:51:29
    Alright, it took a while but this is the third installment of this thread getting new post notifications and you guys clicking on it only to find a mostly toggleboxed post.

I watched some of the Dangan Island trip endings, and yeah, they did put more effort into these than they did on the Dangan School ones, they're more than a rehash of game/Report Card events.

As for Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony...
    * The intro was less about this game and more about the rest of the series, including all the stuff I haven't seen/played.

Videos play slowly for me, visually it's not too bad but the audio goes off-sync. Though if it's like the previous games there usually isn't much to hear besides the music.

Perhaps I should do something about my computer?

And I see what you said about game length, it took me about as much to go through the prologue as it would've taken me to go through a Daily Life section.

Also I'm halfway through a full classroom:

* Ultimate Environmentalist - Greta Gutenberg

* Ultimate Nuclear Physicist - Taylor Wilson

* Ultimate Pop Singer - Justin Bieber

* Ultimate Chess Player - Magnus Carlsen

* Ultimate Actor - Macaulay Culkin

* Ultimate Meme - Dam Son

* Ultimate Mathematician - Évariste Galois

* Ultimate Saintly Warrior - Joan of Arc
    * Ultimate Pop Singer - Justin Bieber
    * Ultimate Chess Player - Magnus Carlsen

What a weird coincidence.
    Ultimate Environmentalist - Greta Gutenberg

Thunberg?

She... would make a really good Danganronpa character. A lot of these would.
  • edited 2020-02-01 11:50:49
    Thunberg?
    That. I double-checked that I had gotten the spelling right but apparently I should've checked that I had gotten the surname right instead.

I fell asleep without coming up with something so eh... I think I'll just post.

• Finally managed to get this working without overworking my GPU.
    Speaking of something related, sometimes I get the impression that I've been doing a disservice to my 3D skills by not being picky about graphics in video games.
  • edited 2020-02-01 23:04:29
    It's always bothered me that white noise is purple.

I'm dissatisfied, I hope no other trial turns out like that.

• After reading your latest post:
  • edited 2020-02-02 11:27:25
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Funny thing about this is BIG MAJOR SPOILER, best left for after the final class trial
    Good point.
  • edited 2020-02-03 08:53:11
    It occurs to me that I should have been taking screenshots of the game to post them on the images thread so I could've been spamming two threads instead of just one.
    * I don't like the changes to the Closing Argument layout, they make it hard to tell the comic panels while solving the puzzle.
    * I like that the rhythm minigame involves fighting a boss version of the character, the developers seem to put a lot of effort in making the rhythm minigame look as ridiculous as possible.

TIL those things are called lighting battens.
    There's something wrong about how the game is registering key presses in menus, it's very inconsistent (presumably they're being polled too infrequently) and seems to be correlated to in-universe time (loading an old file makes it better). I suspect it has something to do with presents as it started to get really bad after I got a bunch of them but it doesn't happen in fullscreen so I think I'll just play in windowed mode instead.
    Edit: spelling.
    I don't like the changes to the Closing Argument layout, they make it hard to tell the comic panels while solving the puzzle.

Oh yeah, that was bad.
    I think I only guessed it off-handedly once, didn't I?

Well, I remembered it.

• Did they change the rates in the PC version? I mean, I barely got 40% over the course of the whole game.
    Either they did change them or you're thinking of the item total (since in this game lots of items don't come from the MonoMono Machine, having all the items from there accounts for only ~50% of the item total). I'm going by the repeat rate. After the trial I got ~350 monocoins and by the time I stopped I must've used 200-250 in total, currently I'm at 58% item total.
  • edited 2020-02-04 06:27:43

How do they come up with these weird minigames.

Also I don't like lying.

After reading your latest post:

Now that's a trial.
  • edited 2020-02-04 15:42:32

May as well update:
    Now that's a trial.
    Though even after some thinking I still don't see why the culprit didn't do that little thing that looks like it'd have resulted in the perfect crime.
  • Godot Engine is receiving a $250k Epic Grant. You may know Godot as the free open source game engine that nobody uses because Unity exists, but still, that'll go a long way towards its development.
    I thought I wasn't going to get to play much but I did after all.
  • edited 2020-02-06 11:09:31

This looks hard.
    Edit: sp
  • edited 2020-02-07 02:44:38
    I'm drawing a blank, this case is lacking in easy clues.

After reading your latest post:

Imperial units strike back.

• That was sad. And odd. That was sodd.