If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I Keep My Visions To Myself (aka Dreams thread)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That's like, standard video game elevator -- no walls, just platform.

Also that last part sounds like a cross between that real-life monastery in China that's built into a cliffside and the airborne ruins at the beginning of Tales of Zestiria.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That's like, standard video game elevator -- no walls, just platform.

That might be why it was in my dream, but it was really terrifying in an otherwise real-life setting.
  • edited 2019-09-25 15:55:41
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I was in a supermarket parking lot, and I had this set of cards on me that were like different creatures, but they were all actually 'actions'? The place was somewhat crowded, but for a second the POV switched to this one guy who was watching me. All creepy and mysterious and hooded.

So now I knew somebody was after me and I rushed off, and somehow this led me out of the parking lot and into a museum-type building. I was really concerned about breaking things, because I knew the cards I had were really powerful, so I prioritized running off instead. It helped that the place was empty.

But as I did, the guy who was chasing after me summoned the card-game space that you can't exit unless the card-game battle is over. So I steeled myself and faced him.

Then I woke up.

I feel like I have a lot of dreams involving card-games, but few where I don't actually get to the card-game bit.
  • edited 2019-09-25 16:58:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I dreamed I was in a tour group in some Latin American country, and our first stop was a herbarium located high in the mountains. Among their plant displays, they also sold some harvested products, including a mushroom with the appearance and hardness of glass.
    I visited some friends at a strange school. Everything in this school was like... precariously high? There were high-floor hallways that were made of single panels of wood and not much else. Like, for some reason, the space from room to room was extremely bare, with no walls or sides of any sort.

But I wasn't really too concerned with falling over, actually.

I entered a lecture hall, where for some reason every set of seats was just really high unbalanced desks. It was set up like an amphitheater, so each set of desks was higher than the last. The desks that were made of three thin blocks of wood, two on the sides an done one the top. Completely unbacked by anything to make them balance in any way.

However, the steps upward were made of normal concrete.

Of course, my friends were sitting at the very back of the class ie the highest point in the whole place. To get to my friends, I had to climb over the very last set of desks, straddle it with my whole body, and then lower myself onto the next set of desks, all without causing either set to tip over and like, kill me/my friends, since at this point we were about 10m off the ground.

It did not occur to me to just use the stairs to shimmy into my friends' seat but that would still bear the risk of tipping stuff over I guess.

I had brought some Enchantimals dolls with me, along with lots of tiny accessories, and had set them up all around us. As I listened to whatever my friends had called me there for, I was brushing the hair of my Enchantimals doll.

Anyways, it came time for me to leave, but I had to do it in a hurry. As I was climbing over the very last set of seats, I dropped a whole bunch of doll accessories onto the floor, and I was worried since I couldn't get to them but also I'd made a mess. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked away.

One of the school's administrators showed up and I was worried I would get in trouble for making a mess, but somebody in the same classroom had made a bigger mess than I could just leave without any problems.

Then I woke up.
    Well, another day, another school.

I have to preface this by saying this dream was super BL/yaoi-ey, so much so that almost everybody in it actually looked like an anime character drawn in that lengthy yaoi style.

So we had the protagonist (they had no names, but let's call him Gabe I guess?) who went to a really prestigious old-timey style college that was actually an extension of a giant library. The library was large, opulent and a giant labyrinth, but that's not important yet.

His brother (Rick... I guess?) was also at the school, but he wasn't a student or a teacher. He had taken a short assignment as a translator/minder for (wait for it) the Prince of Colombia! Said Prince (Luis?) had just started an illicit relationship with Gabe, and Rick was starting to suspect something. This dream took place in a country that bordered Colombia but was inexplicably European.

So Luis had to go home for one reason or another, where his uncle the regent (Luis's parents were dead) was trying to oust him and become the bearer of the throne.

Now this is where stuff gets weird.

For some reason, the library caught fire, and I -the real me- was watching this all unfold on my smartphone in my room? This part of the dream wasn't in the anime artstyle, but completely photo-realistic. There was a guy inside the library who spotted the fire and called somebody about it.

The person he called turned out to be Serena Williams? At this point, I was back in perspective inside the dream, rather than watching it from my phone. So Serena Williams was running through this giant labyrinth of a library, warning people to get out and sort of acting as the vanguard for a group of firefighters. Despite this, she was still wearing tennis gear.

Then it switched back to the anime style, but with Luis watching the fire on the newsfrom his castle. On screen the news-footage was still photo-realistic, but it showed that guy who had called Serena Williams standing on top of the last bookcase as he avoided the fire and... also magma spurting from the ground, even though it was just supposed to be a fire?

Anyways, Luis' uncle blamed the fire on him somehow, and Luis felt so bad that he went back to school but ended his relationship with Gabe. Gabe finally admitted everything to his brother, who was happy about his hunch being proven right.

Then I woke up, basically leaving the whole thing hanging. I didn't even find out what happened to the guy who called Serena Williams, but I'd like to think she saved him somehow.
    There was a guy who had called up a meeting with a typical tokusatsu villain lady. She had stereotypical Medusa hair (but just hair and not snakes), which, since this was "real life", was actually pretty terrifying. Not so typical was the poison sting of each end of hair that could also vaporize whatever body part it touched.

So this guy, in his early 20s, is the son of some sort of toku hero, a Kamen Rider maybe. However, he's also part of a team of Super Sentai, but they haven't gotten their powers yet. They know they're supposed to get them, but the general gist of it is that they are all being too irresponsible to help.

The boy confronts the villain lady I guess in an attempt to prove his bravery and save his dad, but his dad immediately shows up but also doesn't transform. The Medusa lady tried to attack, but he fended it off, even ripping off a tendril that was trying for a back attack.

Some distance away from this in a cabin, I was watching all of this happen alongside the boy's Super Sentai team. They all seemed very CW Riverdale, but I can only confirm that Lili Reinhart was definitely there. I asked them all to help the boy out, but they seemed both scared and nonplussed. Lili remarked that they looked like they could handle themselves, and suggested the rest of the team go to a party instead.

Despite my pleas, they did.

Anyways, later, I was now the son of the Rider guy and we were sitting at dinner with "my" grandparents in a hotel. "I" was staying there because I didn't want to stay at home with my Rider dad, who was griping about my earlier mistake.

So I went back up to my room to get something where I was slightly surprised to find wall to wall homoerotic art (nobody was naked or anything though, I think). When I got back to the hotel restaurant, my grandparents asked if the art on the walls was like "Pete Buttigieg level" or much seedier.

Then I woke up.
  • edited 2019-10-11 22:49:49
    I was on a local university campus. I had to cross some grassy fields, some rather overgrown though also criss-crossed with netting with wide threads, to get somewhere. After crossing a bridge, at one point, I remember flying upward to check out which way a path went.

Later I went into a building where they were holding some sort of conference. This was a lobby sort of area, with clean blue walls. It was already in the evening. I saw at a certain booth was a video presentation/movie about some local environmental topic I was interested in (perhaps sea level rise) and went to watch it, but they were closing up. The organizer mentioned that she'd be going to a political event in an hour or so, on the beach. I told her I could follow her vehicle.

So we left. But I quickly lost sight of her vehicle.

Along the way we stopped in a highway tunnel and my mom picked out a slab of meat from Publix. It wasn't even at a supermarket; it was just there in a cubbyhole in the tunnel.

Eventually, I went and stopped by my house, and dropped off my mom. My wings were getting tired by that point. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to keep going to the other event. There was some reason I was going to go with that organizer but I had forgotten to even ask her name so there was like no way I could find her now.
    picked out a slab of meat from Publix ... it was just there in a cubbyhole in the tunnel

This sounds meaningful in an obtuse way.
  • edited 2019-10-21 03:20:33
    So I had tapeworms, sometimes they'd escape my body and they'd be visible in the bathroom or in liquids after I drink from them, and sometimes they'd be more like large ants instead. It was unsettling.

Besides that, today I was playing a Star Wars videogame (but in dream-real-life, with no controller, no interface, etc.) and one of the enemy types were giant shapeshifting cybernetic floating hands that would transform into something (the one I remember clearly is transforming into Rey), shoot lasers at me, transform back, rinse and repeat, and I had to catch the lasers with my own cybernetic glove and throw it back at them. It was quite exciting.

Also this part is vague but I dreamed my real-life workplace was a daycare that I was taking care of, and I'm pretty sure I left for the day before all the parents had come for their children, whoopsies.

I was going to mention the tapeworms dream last but I opted with going for an attempt at the "I read that without knowing what thread I was in and wut" thing instead.
  • edited 2019-10-21 04:51:40
    I was going to mention the tapeworms dream last but I opted with going for an attempt at the "I read that without knowing what thread I was in and wut" thing instead.
    Angelic Venezuelan Hen Succeeds At Entirely Predictably Weirding Out Florida Dragon Using Surprise Tapeworms
    and I'm pretty sure I left for the day before all the parents had come for their children

Oops.

I had a dream a few days ago that was basically lots and lots of protracted shopping sequences where I bought L.O.L. O.M.G. fashion dolls, which is weird because I've explained before why I don't really care for them.
    I was running across a generically European High Street with lots of cobblestone pathways, because I'd heard one store had a CD copy of THE LETHAL WEAPONS' Nekketsu Teacher. No such thing exists in real life, in fact I don't think they've ever released a physical CD.
  • edited 2019-10-27 12:29:20
    There was some stuff about looking for work by talking to people at a nearby mall, which also doubled as my old university, but the most noteworthy part was near the end where I was hearing some workers at the hotel next door, they doing something that I thought was soldering but later it changed to using a computer, they see me and invite me to some phone improvement thing, I worry that I'm getting scammed out of my phone or personal info but I accept anyways, I give them my phone and the take it some distance away from me and block me from going closee, I change my mind and tell them but they don't react, I see how they open up the phone cover, take the SD card (SD cards looked like SIM cards), put it in an SD reader, put a different SD card in the phone and put the cover back, they give me both my phone and the SD reader with my SD card so I calm down, they leave after like a minute and the dream ended before I could check if anything was off with my phone.
  • edited 2019-10-29 05:27:25
    Spoilered for GMH's Symphogear-viewing sake.

I had a dream where I was on the MIT campus, except I was able to run around it as if it were a virtual reality videogame. At one point I was rolling around to dodge fireballs from a large enemy, and at another point I remember breaking down half a staircase (which for some reason crumbled like drywall) by accident and having to convince myself that it's okay to jump down two stories because it's a video game.

This was all set during the night. Possibly during Christmas since there were little lights lining things.

At other times I was running between buildings.
  • I wason on the bus my way to work, I take my shoes off and something else I can't remember, unfortunately I get distracted and leave the bus too early without my stuff and still barefoot, so I walk towards my workplace hoping that when the bus passes by again my stuff will still be there. Still unfortunately I find out that the bus took a different route than usual and so I'm lost, but I vaguely remember the place and so I can try to reach my destination, and so I walk through a city made of small passageways crisscrossing as if it were the inside of a home, all of it following the style old building/places tended to have here. It gets dark but I find my way and eventually I find my brother except with a big nose and to my surprise he was friends with a bunch of people there.

Then I woke up.
    I was watching/reading/experiencing someone's retrospective of my university, and they'd make an A to Z list except this list was actually billed only as A to V for some reason.

And I was also wondering why it took me so long to finally feel the need to treasure my experiences.
  • edited 2019-11-03 01:26:39
    And I was also wondering why it took me so long to finally feel the need to treasure my experiences.

I'm guessing this wasn't part of the dream, was it?
    That's an emotion/opinion I've been feeling while awake too.
    I was in some sort of large, rural area in a Northeast European-ish country. It was really green, with grass and crops everywhere you looked. Every home lad a fence around it, as well as a large area of plain green grass inside the fence.

To one side of each of the houses was a giant hexagonal metal box, and we all just somehow knew there were weapons inside (even though I didn't check or anything). It felt very much like we were preparing for war.

Anyways, I decided to lay down on the grass but that lasted mere seconds before somebody yelled out warnings about a fire. When I looked up again, there was a great plume of black smoke in the distance and a single like... line of fire snaking it's way through the crops and fields. Somehow, I knew this was a weapon being utilized by our regional enemies.

I picked up the metal box (and not anything else?), which wasn't heavy (but like, dreams) and put it on like a backpack. As I rushed outside my fence, I noticed a young boy in like, Lederhosen, sitting at the top of the fence. He was wearing a heavy duty gas mask that actually didn't cover anything under his nose.

I tried calling out to him, but then I woke up.

I need to stop reading about WWII...
    I was chasing a lizard around a bedroom.
  • Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Second-to-last night I had an embarassing dream that I'll keep to myself except to say that wings and Glenn were in it.
    this had better not be some weird yaoi thing
  • did gmh owe you a computer room
    I had an embarassing dream that I'll keep to myself except to say that wings and Glenn were in it.

Was I a skeleton or a pinata?
    this had better not be some weird yaoi thing

[14w attempts to scrub brain clean of this idea]
  • You two were posting on IJBM (IIRC neither of you had avatars), you were sharing NSFW gifs in the anime thread.

You should be ashamed.
  • edited 2019-11-15 19:20:15
    I'm going to an anime convention! But first, I have to get there. It'll take me half an hour to walk there. Okay I'm heading out now. Wait, I wonder if maybe I should take my car. Never mind. Oh wait, crap, now I only have 10 minutes to get there...

Walking there, okay, I'm in Boston (but for some reason a part of it I've never been in), and walking down some relatively quiet roads, through a somewhat grungy part of town with yellowed buildings and maybe some brown sand from the salting/sanding the roads get every winter. Walked past some buildings during the daytime, took a wrong turn, realized my wrong turn, and it was nighttime for some reason, but I walked past a small steel sculpture of a dog, in what I think is an alley for trash pickup, and continued walking.

(N.B. I'm in Boston. This will be relevant later.)

I thought I was going toward the convention center, and I thought I was taking shortcuts toward there, but I found something in my way. Somehow, I'd walked my way to the edge of the water. And not just any edge of the water -- I was up against a stone wall railing, about waist high, against an almost-vertical drop to the water, a few hundred feet below, with various windows visible off this pebbly-textured stone wall. [NOTE: no such feature exists in Boston, nor in any city I've been in.] Below were some barges.

I walked along that railing (and it was apparently dusk), to walk eventually toward the way to circumvent that body of water (presumably a river, but it looked more like a bay, with a large bridge in the distance, with a darker area (presumably a landform, such as a densely forested mountain?) to the right, and more city to the left), and eventually I came across a crowd of people gathered. It seems like they were waiting for fireworks, but I didn't know this until it started. Eventually, fireworks began happening and people began cheering. For some reason the skyline, visible beyond that large bridge, was brighter now. The barge firing the fireworks is presumably right beneath us, so I see the fireworks coming right up against the edge of the railing. People have been crowded against a little outcrop in the railing where there's one of those coin-operated binoculars. The unexploded fireworks for some reason resemble the shape of books.

Some time later, I arrived at the convention center and hotel. But for some reason I walked into a place that seemed like...the top of a house or something like that? Pale-blue walls, dirty-blue hotel carpet, but six-panel doors at the tops of stairs. Like, to my right, there's like five steps of stairs up to two or four of these six panel doors, which I thought were hotel rooms, though they look more like bedrooms in a house, and people often seemed to keep them open despite having their stuff in there, making it look like a dormitory.

I went up there, checked out these rooms out of confusion/curiosity, then walked back down the stairs to the left. Walking down several flights of stairs, I eventually came across a set of stairs where the last step was a dark brown wooden platform about waist-high above the floor. (On this level I started to see some shops.) I discovered that this was because, to go to the floor below, I need to duck underneath this platform in order to get to the next flight of stairs down.

Eventually I made my way down to a place with like 1990s linoleum? vinyl? off-white tiles plus some dirty-grey carpeting, with pink-ish walls, and touristy shops welcoming me to Florida (????), and I knew I was in the right place. It was daytime, as I could see through the windows facing the outside. I kept on walking toward the convention hall.

TL;DR I went through a space-time warp
  • edited 2019-11-16 06:40:59
    This architecture sounds extremely confusing.
    You should be ashamed.

I am!

The only dream I've had recently involved seeing this in a toy catalogue and then immediately dreaming about finding them in a store but not getting any for some reason.